Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might need Vivillon to evolve Eevee into Sylveon. Look at Vivillon's inner wing color scheme compared to Sylveon's ribbon color scheme. The method would probably be like Mantyke & Remoraid or even worse: Karrablast & Shelmet.

i don't think so, personally. vivillon is a fuchsia colour with some black - kinda reminds me of those girly goth things. sylveon is just your typical light pink... thinger. they also don't really seem to be connected - remoraid is on the wing of a mantine, so it makes sense in that regard. shelmet and karrablast are also supposed to be rivals of each other, which is why they evolve.

i don't think so, personally. vivillon is a fuchsia colour with some black - kinda reminds me of those girly goth things. sylveon is just your typical light pink... thinger. they also don't really seem to be connected - remoraid is on the wing of a mantine, so it makes sense in that regard. shelmet and karrablast are also supposed to be rivals of each other, which is why they evolve.
By Rem & Man, I mean you MAY need them to evolve.

The next reveals they should do need to be the starter's evolutions and Xerneas and Yveltal's types. I'm saddened by a lack of information.
FYI: there is going to be a Pokemon Direct at 6pm PDT (1am GMT, 9pm EDT). We are supposedly getting a lot of new information, so just be patient and wait for that!

Something I realised, it probably is highly unlikely, but still:

Woobat --> Swoobat --> Noivern

Maybe with a Dusk stone, or maybe even a new stone? Maybe even a completely new evolution method?
While an interesting idea, I think the emphasis on the Woobat line's heart-shaped nostril and conjoined torso/limbs is too different from Noivern's distinct emphasis on its ears and more independent torso.

FYI: there is going to be a Pokemon Direct at 6pm PDT (1am GMT, 9pm EDT). We are supposedly getting a lot of new information, so just be patient and wait for that!

While an interesting idea, I think the emphasis on the Woobat line's heart-shaped nostril and conjoined torso/limbs is too different from Noivern's distinct emphasis on its ears and more independent torso.
I think its nose looks like a red Victini head, to be honest.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wouldn't read too much into Vivillon's "secret". See: Pattern Bush, Underground Tunnel Celadon-Lavender, Ruins of Alph...
We've had plenty of instances where the supposed "secret" turned out to be simple lore. For instance, the games explicitly state that there is a lot of unsolved mysteries regarding Pokémon eggs (for starters, no Pokémon has ever been seen laying an egg), but it is of no importance to the games.

Also, Swoobat and Noivern have as much in common as Golbat and Gligar. They are both bats... ish, but the typings are different, the themes are different, and any similarities in appearance is just coincidental.

Originally Posted by Fat PME
Whatever type it ends up being (please no new type, though the support is strong), if it's not Normal, I will laugh...I will laugh hard.
I'd rather cry now

I wouldn't read too much into Vivillon's "secret".

Also, Swoobat and Noivern have as much in common as Golbat and Gligar. They are both bats... ish, but the typings are different, the themes are different, and any similarities in appearance is just coincidental.
I think it is just another case of the Spinda. One of the reasons I hated Gen 3, catch dozens of those things only to find out they are all alike!

Honestly they should have just said it was a wyvern pokemon instead of a bat pokemon.

It will be interesting to see whether there is a "Fairy Plate" item. If so, prepare for Fairy Arceus to be at the top of the metagame with a dragon-killing Judgement.

i think it's just the daycare peeps/breeders lying to you because you're a kid lol. i don't think they're so stupid to think that eggs just pop into existence. however, with the likely genetics theming of x/y, perhaps this will be looked into in a more in-depth way.

Anyways as far as hidden power goes it would be weird to just leave Fairy out so what I am hoping is that when you transfer pokemon to the next gen it keeps HP locked what it was.

i think it's just the daycare peeps/breeders lying to you because you're a kid lol. i don't think they're so stupid to think that eggs just pop into existence. however, with the likely genetics theming of x/y, perhaps this will be looked into in a more in-depth way.

When a daddy Pokemon and a mommy Pokemon love each other very much...

Anyways as far as hidden power goes it would be weird to just leave Fairy out so what I am hoping is that when you transfer pokemon to the next gen it keeps HP locked what it was.
Were you also hoping that Shadow Ball would still be a physical move when you transported your (insert generic ghost type) to Gen 4?

So fairy is se against dragon and weak to steel. So what type of coverage will be the next boltbeam? Fairy/ fighting? Im going to breed my shiny eevee on bw since the rng will be nigh impossible on the 3ds. I want my shiny sylveon lol

When a daddy Pokemon and a mommy Pokemon love each other very much...

Were you also hoping that Shadow Ball would still be a physical move when you transported your (insert generic ghost type) to Gen 4?

Actually this person bringz up a valid point. With a new typing, the iv spread will be different thus changing the hidden power. Unless they group fairy with normal on the iv spreads where hp fairy is impossible. It might change the zapdos from gen 4 hp from grass to fairy...

How exciting! Fairy confirmed.
And I love both the butterfly and the bat.

This game keeps looking better.
122 days, everyone!

Noivern and Swoobat suffer from what I call the Garchomp effect.
Similar species base for design, check
Similar ear patterns, check
Similar chest hair, check
Large noses, check
Will they be related? Most likely not.

Pokebeach has updated with three more new Pokemon.

A seahorse, a bird, and a crustacean.

The seahorse has a long ribbon-like tail, it seems, and this could mean that it's actually going to be based on the leafy sea dragon instead of a regular seahorse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)