Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Considered tweaking EV and IV to make being competitive easier? A: X&Y will make some of these ideas more visible and intuitive.

Oh no... Wtf does this mean...

No Team Preview is amazing. I always preferred the lead/scout/unpredictability of the DPP OU meta. You have to be a better player when you've no idea what the other team has.

I'm interested in this new sky battle. I assume no more ground moves will be used, but what about Stealth Rock? I wonder does Stealth Rock work during the sky battle. If it does work does this mean Stealth Rock becomes a valuable move to have on Sky Battles? Because Aerodactyl with Stealth because a top lead to have in a sky battle.

Q: Depth of customization? A: You can choose hair style, set appearance. PSS shows player icons so chose to allow for custom appearance.

Q: Player movement appears to be 8-way. Why not full analog? A: Keeping a grid-style bc of tracking Pokemon encounters. But freer movement.

maybe only good for in-game and not competitive?
Game Freak doesn't give a damn about our metagame so it'll be moody all over again.

Either we learn that if everyone has it, it becomes fair or ban it. But i doubt it'll be an ingame only gimmick.

EDIT: Team preview was dumb anyway.

I'm interested in this new sky battle. I assume no more ground moves will be used, but what about Stealth Rock? I wonder does Stealth Rock work during the sky battle. If it does work does this mean Stealth Rock becomes a valuable move to have on Sky Battles? Because Aerodactyl with Stealth because a top lead to have in a sky battle.
i was thinking that skarmory would be great, too. perhaps with mental herb so it's not susceptible to aero's taunt. not weak to stealth rocks + can resist a hugely popular STAB = defensive threat.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Team preview removed a lot of guessing from the game... reducing unknown factors means more strategy... I don't like this.
Everyone ever will disagree with you and say that Team Preview took away a lot of strategy from the game. I'm inclined to agree.

There's no risk/reward in Pokemon anymore, and you can already tell if you've won just by looking at the opponent's team, where you'd otherwise be forced to play much more conservative. It takes less thinking to win a battle where you already know everything.

Q: Didn't hear buuut A: Music will have different feel than past games bc it's less modified/compressed than in older games.

YES!!! Btw @Ja_mocny (my cousins account I'm using) got mentioned!

Q: Considered tweaking EV and IV to make being competitive easier? A: X&Y will make some of these ideas more visible and intuitive.

Oh no... Wtf does this mean...
also we know what this means
You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

You lot act like the introduction of Volt Switch along with U-turn and the new move Parting Shot won't increase the ability to scout your opponent. This is going to be great imo. Team Preview ruined the game for me. A lot of Pokemon and strategies suffered due to Team Preview.

i was thinking that skarmory would be great, too. perhaps with mental herb so it's not susceptible to aero's taunt. not weak to stealth rocks + can resist a hugely popular STAB = defensive threat.
Sky battles help free up moveslots for Skarmory and a lot of other pokemon as well. I'm interested in see all new move sets for Skarmory since it doesn't needs spikes anymore.

Everyone ever will disagree with you and say that Team Preview took away a lot of strategy from the game. I'm inclined to agree.

There's no risk/reward in Pokemon anymore, and you can already tell if you've won just by looking at the opponent's team, where you'd otherwise be forced to play much more conservative. It takes less thinking to win a battle where you already know everything.
the "already won because of team style" thing is mostly an ou phenomenon, honestly. i find that this is much less true in the other tiers.

So will there be an entirely new metagame for Horde Battles? Like, will there be Horde vs. Horde?

Imagine how much more complex team building will be when you have to have 5 Pokemon out at once.

You lot act like the introduction of Volt Switch along with U-turn and the new move Parting Shot won't increase the ability to scout your opponent. This is going to be great imo. Team Preview ruined the game for me. A lot of Pokemon and strategies suffered due to Team Preview.
it definitely seems so. i've never competitively played in a no team preview meta before [started around the end of bw/beginning of bw2] so it should be plenty fun for people like myself... if not really weird orz.

Sky battles help free up moveslots for Skarmory and a lot of other pokemon as well. I'm interested in see all new move sets for Skarmory since it doesn't needs spikes anymore.
well, a lot of skarmory don't actually run spikes, so i can still see something like stealth rocks/brave bird/whirlwind/rooooooo-

roost. it's a battle in the sky. do you think we'll be able to roost? probably not.

looks like recovery got about 100% harder for most of the pokemon involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)