Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
It depends on where its 130 and 110 stats fall, along with its move pool. If it winds up being an awkward Flareon, then it'll be in trouble. If it's more like Jolteon or Espeon, then more power to it.
Well, since Fairy was made to balance the type chart, I'd imagine that Sylveon would have at LEAST 95 SpA / Atk (although I think it's more inclined towards being a Special Attack, since we've only seen it use special attacks so far iirc). Whether it is a bulky attack (Fairy seems like a good defensive typing if what we know is true).

Of course, there's always the chance that GameFreak gives us a retard stat spread, but seeing their attempts to counter-act Dragon-type, I highly doubt this.

Did you guys know that Talonflames Japanese name has six characters in it? That's the longest any Japanese name has ever been, because the character limit used to be five.

You have to think critically . If HP method is changed, many Pokemon may gain/lose their HP type. Why should we worry?
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic? It would be a terrible thing if our Pokemon's Hidden Power type would change. I RNG'd my event Celebis a few years ago specifically to have Hidden Power Fire and Hidden Power Ice. If those change to, say, Grass and Psychic, then my Celebi's HP is now useless and we're unlikely to have another Celebi event anytime soon.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic? It would be a terrible thing if our Pokemon's Hidden Power type would change. I RNG'd my event Celebis a few years ago specifically to have Hidden Power Fire and Hidden Power Ice. If those change to, say, Grass and Psychic, then my Celebi's HP is now useless and we're unlikely to have another Celebi event anytime soon.
I have never relied on Hidden Power. Ever.

We already know the English character limits have been increased due to Parabolic Charge.
But we haven't figure out by how much! Chances are the Japanese version got up to eight characters for names now, so we might get up to 12-16 characters for names and techniques in English...but Parabolic Charge would already meet that limit....

perhaps there isn't a set limit per se in everything but nicknames, as they're obviously not going to make a name that stretches on to making you have to mash a to get through it [reminds me of gen 1 glitches]

but a 12-16 character limit sounds reasonable, especially if they make info box/hud/whatever larger in size [like the thing that displays the info of your/the opposing poke]

i think we all know what it's like to have the perfect nickname but just need one more character :c
[also those dumb 'mons in the movies that have nicknames longer than allowed - i'm looking at you, shellshocker!]

No idea If it has been discussed or not.
The more you play with your Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie, the more critical hits and dodges they will give. Also, on the official site, this is written:
Pokémon you've played with may turn to you in battle and wait for your orders.
So Pokemon won't wait for orders now?

No idea If it has been discussed or not.
The more you play with your Pokemon in Pokemon-Amie, the more critical hits and dodges they will give. Also, on the official site, this is written:
Pokémon you've played with may turn to you in battle and wait for your orders.
So Pokemon won't wait for orders now?
They turn around and wait. "Look at you".

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I have never relied on Hidden Power. Ever.
Unfortunately for some Pokemon, Hidden Power is one of the few ways to provide acceptable type coverage; often it is the only way for some Pokemon to learn a certain type of attack (Latios w/ HP Fire, Landorus w/ HP Ice, etc). It is a very powerful move competitively (even for a move that maxes out at a BP of 70) due to how versatile it is, and is seen in all levels of play including the VGC.

That makes it a very big deal.

I don't know if you all saw, but the tower in Lumiose City has the gym logo on an archway that seems to lead into it. You can see it in the new trailer 33 or 34 seconds in while the player is running around the square in the middle of the city.

EDIIT: I made a screencap

I can't even fathom a way for gamefreak to compensate fairy typing into hidden power without altering everything. There's just no way unless they provide backtracking data for pokemon from later generations.

I can't even fathom a way for gamefreak to compensate fairy typing into hidden power without altering everything. There's just no way unless they provide backtracking data for pokemon from later generations.
Like mwl said, they can just do what they do with abilities and junk and keep track of it and use the appropriate algorithm

Well, it's possible that IVs could be overhauled/rolled into the Pokemon Amie thing. With most Pokemon just having an assigned Hidden Power type. And transferred Pokemon would have be assigned whatever type their IVs would have gave them. But really, we don't know yet.

I always found it weird that to get good Pokemon we had to engage in horrible eugenics programs that result in countless Pokemon that just aren't good enough. Legitimate hacks seem positively humane next to that.

or... god forbid...
we can somehow change the hidden power without it having to be calculated by ivs? sure, explicitly doing it kinda makes the "hidden" part less magical, but they can be subtle about it.

FUCK YES NO MORE DROPPING STATS FOR IT IF THAT'S THE CASE?

This is a little late, but look at that purple-ish outfitted dude all the way in the back facing us. Bad guys? Psychics? You decide.

I'm interested by this fairy type. Now I know that the rumor is they are week to steel and poison, but I'd find it really funny if they ended up being weak to stealth rocks, or if any of the OU or Uber playable faeries be crippled with a stealth rock weakness, limiting there usefulness.

Also if the steel weakness rumor is true, its good to see Game Freak trying to give us a reason to play Scizor, since I think we all can agree he hasn't been played enough the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)