Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

canno

formerly The Reptile
So about dem Sky Battle. I think this was mentioned before in the thread, but do you guys think that non-Flying Pokemon that don't have Levitate, but show a clear ability to fly (i.e. Beedrill, Dustox, Garchomp, Volcarona, ect.) be able to participate? And if they could, how would it affect it? Of course, it's hard to answer the last question since we don't know much about them, but why not theorymon a bit?

and by "discussion of confirmed info" I also mean "let's put aside the unconfirmed portion of the rumors" for now
And I was JUST about to ask if the whole two typing to one move thing is true or not, or just pure baseless speculation.

Anyways, so far, so good. The designs of the pokemon thus far have been fairly good. Talonflame looks like a very solid flying type, and I like Clauncher a lot. Really, the only one that's not fitting with me is that flower plant and the moth pokemon.... although the symbols on it's wings seem to mean something....

Also, props to Noivern and Clauncher, for being the most BA of the released mons so far....... although is it just me, or does Skrelp look like a druggie with the blood red eyes and the bags under it's eyes?

to me skrelp kinda looks like shrivelled poo?

i really like clauncher although the name makes me think of some crappy nerf gun

Well, Tauros uses it, but that's because it gets Sheer Force.

Speaking of abilities, how will Dream World abilities work? Will the Dream World be a thing in Gen 6? Will we still get 3 abilities per pokemon if Dream World isn't a thing?
We already have ways of getting them without Dream World, like the interactable Pokémon of B/W, Hidden Grotto Pokémon and N's Pokémon have a chance of getting Hidden Abilities. I highly doubt they will remove this.

Actually some people on 4chan suggested the idea of Dream World returning not with Hidden Abilities, but alternate typings.

So about dem Sky Battle. I think this was mentioned before in the thread, but do you guys think that non-Flying Pokemon that don't have Levitate, but show a clear ability to fly (i.e. Beedrill, Dustox, Garchomp, Volcarona, ect.) be able to participate? And if they could, how would it affect it? Of course, it's hard to answer the last question since we don't know much about them, but why not theorymon a bit?
Well, a speculation by /vp/ is that they will only allow Pokémon whose 3D models show them clearly flying or floating, hence why Charizard and Salamence are now constantly flying. The other part of the speculation has already been "disproven" by Pokémon's Twitter page which states only some of the Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon with Levitate can participate in them.

In addition to that, I personally think that stuff like Gravity, Smack Down, Iron Ball and perhaps even Stealth Rock, and Ability modifiers will be disabled in these battles.

I'm a girl, however.
loling atm

Well, a speculation by /vp/ is that they will only allow Pokémon whose 3D models show them clearly flying or floating, hence why Charizard and Salamence are now constantly flying. The other part of the speculation has already been "disproven" by Pokémon's Twitter page which states only some of the Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon with Levitate can participate in them.
iirc, charizard was grounded when it got hit by hyper beam in that one trailer, so maybe stuff like salamence and junk can have two models or whatever for land and sky battles?

iirc, charizard was grounded when it got hit by hyper beam in that one trailer, so maybe stuff like salamence and junk can have two models or whatever for land and sky battles?
Well, it was constantly flapping its wings.

It might be true for some like Fletchling(who technically has a model for flying which you can see for Flame Charge) but probably stuff like Doduo/Dodrio will be excluded.

Also trainer battle music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCWoP3aN2o

Hmm. I guess that means that CB Dragons won't be used anymore, the use of Outrage will be reduced significantly, and the rise of Dragon Dancers with Dragon Claw and Fairy coverage steel or poision types, or Dragon Rush with accuracy raisers.

I was thinking Dragonite:

Dragonite
Adamant
LO/Wide Lens
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw/Dragon Rush
Iron Head/Iron Tail
Extreme Speed/Earth Quake

I wonder if they made an item for Gravity teams?

I really like the idea and that picture made me appreciate it more with a visual. It makes them feel more like your companion instead of a weapon.

loling atm

It will probably work just like the colloseum battles. Noctowl is usually a "grounded" pokemon but when it uses a move like Fly it will stay in the air ,flapping its wings, until the next turn. So any pokemon that can fly in such a way will probably be allowed.

In the trailer Pikachu was heard calling out its name. Is Pikachu the only pokemon to do this or will there be others using their names or roars?

In one of the first trailers ( the one revealing gogoat), right before you see gogoat for the first time you hear (presumably) gogoats cry, which sounds like a normal pokemon cry, not its name.

I'm a little confused on the fairy thing. They said a few pokemon like marill/jigglypuff will be retyped to fairy. Does that apply to their evos/preevos?

Well, almost certainly, for the most part.

Perhaps Azurill will be pure fairy? D:

Also hoping for pure fairy Clefairy :3

After 3 hours, I'VE CAUGHT UP!

Now for my two cents.

I'm not against the idea of a new type, I'm not against the super effectiveness of this type. What I am against is that it's called fairy. Now I'm not one of those people who says it should be light and sound instead, those are ridiculous. I also don't think fairies are that feminine tinkerbell crap or that the name fairy is ''too girly''. No, what I don't like about it is that it majes no sense to me. Especially this point, how are Marill, Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Jigglypuff (Egg groups be damned) all related in someway to be in the same typing? I'm bad at explaining things, but I'll try.

Take grass types for example. Barring Arceus, most, if not all grass types share green/yellowish coloring somewhere, are based off plants, and have foliage here or there. Or steel types generally have darker grey/brown/blue/black color schemes and have at least one polished part of their body. Now take the contenders of the fairy type. Without Marill and Gardevoir, maybe you could make a case that fairy types all have lighter hues of pink and white. But with them, especially Marill, it would be very confusing to see what they all share. That's not even going into whether Azumarill is part fairy, and what other fairy types (Like the rumored Mawile) have to do with it.

I don't want to seem pessimistic, I'm going to play and enjoy the game regardless, but that part just rubs me the wrong way.

Now as for the other parts, I'm truly amazed at the sky battles. I noticed that online battles (The one with the awesome clauncher) that there were blue silhouettes of people through the window/in the stands. Excuse me if this has been brought up before, but could this mean people can real time spectate battles?
Isn't it obvious though? Fairy type pokemon have something to do with fairytale and folklore mythology.

In the case of Mawile, it's based on the legend of the Futakuchi-onna, a woman who's hair becomes a secondary mouth.

Jigglypuff is a lullaby pokemon. Lullabies are commonly sung to children in order to help them fall asleep at night, which has connotations relating to reading fairytales and bedtime stories.

Gardevoir is the stereotypical fairytale princess in a graceful gown, who is sometimes a man, apparently. Gardevoir has always had ties to themes of knightly heroism and such, which is a very common theme in fairytales. (it's japanese name is Sirnight and it's even got its own handsome prince to come rushing to its aid, Gallade.)

Sylveon is based on moon sylphs, a type of fairy creature.

Marill/Azumarill are an odd choice but I'm going to bet there's some folklore surrounding watery rabbits in some culture I'm not aware of.

Fairy really makes perfect sense if you consider the theme.

When I entered the bath this morning I was thinking about the rumor that said "HMs still exist but there are a few" and the info we got that rideable pokemon helps us to pass obstacles, something like you ride a rhyhorn and use rock climb or a lapras and surf on fast currents, gastrodon for a swamp(like the marsh in DPP) and other situations that may happen.

what you guys think about this?

When I entered the bath this morning I was thinking about the rumor that said "HMs still exist but there are a few" and the info we got that rideable pokemon helps us to pass obstacles, something like you ride a rhyhorn and use rock climb or a lapras and surf on fast currents, gastrodon for a swamp(like the marsh in DPP) and other situations that may happen.

what you guys think about this?
Hmm..... No Gastrodon. Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)