Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
If the original leaker is right (and he probably is), milotic will also be a fairy type. I could honestly see it becoming really strong gen 6 if people's predictions are right! I wonder what fairy's support movepool is like...

If the original leaker is right (and he probably is), milotic will also be a fairy type. I could honestly see it becoming really strong gen 6 if people's predictions are right! I wonder what fairy's support movepool is like...
Yes! I want a Fairy Milotic!

Yes! I want a Fairy Milotic!
Dragon immune+burn/paralysis and Milotic will probably end up being the best tank for the fairy type Pokemon, unless Sylveon or the other fairy types can top an amazing water type + dragon immune with the steel weakness negated.

People are overlooking 2 important Pokemon right now. This is probably a ghetto post, but whatever. Camerupt and Rhyperior have the ability Solid Rock, which cuts the damage for SE moves by 25%.

Rhyperior would be an amazing Fairy supporter. Why? Poison, which is easily defeated by ONE Earthquake; Rhyperior has MASSIVE Attack, Defense, and HP;.
It also easily takes down most non-levitating Steel types with powerful Earthquake. If you add Life Orb/Leftovers, add 100 EVs in Att., 250 in Def., and 160 in either HP or Sp. Def., you could have a hard hitting wall. Apply the moves Poison Jab/Iron Head, Stealth Rock/Stone Edge, Fire Punch/ThunderPunch, & Earthquake, imagine the coverage!

Now, to Camerupt. Resists Steel/Poison, can put super effective damage on both, but it has terrible Speed & Defenses.

I hope Rhyperior gets out of UU and gets into OU. Camerupt... You're terrible, good luck.

People are overlooking 2 important Pokemon right now. This is probably a ghetto post, but whatever. Camerupt and Rhyperior have the ability Solid Rock, which halves the damage for by Super effective moves.

Rhyperior would be an amazing Fairy supporter. Why? Poison, which is easily defeated by ONE Earthquake; Rhyperior has MASSIVE Attack, Defense, and HP;.
It also easily takes down most non-levitating Steel types with powerful Earthquake. If you add Life Orb/Leftovers, add 252 EVs in Att., 230 in Def., and the rest in either HP or Sp. Def., you could have a hard hitting wall. Apply the moves Poison Jab/Iron Head, Stealth Rock/Stone Edge, Fire Punch/ThunderPunch, & Earthquake, imagine the coverage!

Now, to Camerupt. Resists Steel/Poison, can put super effective damage on both, but it has terrible Speed & Defenses.

I hope Rhyperior stays in OU and Uber. Camerupt... You're terrible, good luck.
I don't think people are overlooking anything.

I think people are being realistic about not looking too far in to completely unconfirmed mechanics such as the entirely rumored steel/poison weakness. Especially given that the thread has been warned to stay away from unconfirmed information.

I think Fairy-type Cresselia is really plausible. She should've been stronger than Darkrai from the start, amirite? (Again, if the leak is true).

I don't remember seeing Milotic becoming Fairy type in the rumors
Mawile, yeah, but...

I think Fairy-type Cresselia is really plausible. She should've been stronger than Darkrai from the start, amirite? (Again, if the leak is true).
I agree; Cresselia needs a big boost. Although she is already very good in doubles, so I wonder what it will be like for her getting a good new type?

I imagine it would be another "Hooray for Stall" moment. I really hope GF is in fact trying to solve the metagame's problems and gives Fairies a Dragon resist or immune. Because they have to have seen how offensive the metagame is.

I don't really understand why they made Fairy Pokémon with the intent of evening out Dragons, since Dragon Pokémon were made to be OP this whole time. They can come up in flavor reasons in-game but it might just be the game designers shot at evening out the competitive field a little. We'll have to see just how well thought out the Fairy-types field interactions and move availability are before we determine just how threatening Azumarill will be to Hydreigon in the future.

So, girls!

What with the movie and this poster telling us about a prequel that will be aired on tv two days before the movies release, July is likely to be Mewtwo's month where we get the official name of his new form.

Fairy type makes me sad because it seems all the good normal types will turn to fairy. Normal should get buffed with better resistances or something because it looks like it has nothing going for it.

I still think air type would have been a better idea. S.E against water and steel because they are too damn bulky/defensive

I don't really understand why they made Fairy Pokémon with the intent of evening out Dragons, since Dragon Pokémon were made to be OP this whole time. They can come up in flavor reasons in-game but it might just be the game designers shot at evening out the competitive field a little. We'll have to see just how well thought out the Fairy-types field interactions and move availability are before we determine just how threatening Azumarill will be to Hydreigon in the future.

So, girls!

What with the movie and this poster telling us about a prequel that will be aired on tv two days before the movies release, July is likely to be Mewtwo's month where we get the official name of his new form.
Geeze, finally.

Also still no idea why the hell that Sableye is so prominent (relatively speaking) if the thing isn't getting an evolution or something

Fairy type makes me sad because it seems all the good normal types will turn to fairy. Normal should get buffed with better resistances or something because it looks like it has nothing going for it.

I still think air type would have been a better idea. S.E against water and steel because they are too damn bulky/defensive
Chances are that they had a couple of names in mind and looked to see which one was the most generic and tested the most positively. "fairy" may have been their final choice out of a couple of other titles including "magic" "mystic" "runic" etc. "Fairy" on it's own can even encompass air as an attribute, so maybe all of those were really too specific for the sake of designs.

Geeze, finally.

Also still no idea why the hell that Sableye is so prominent (relatively speaking) if the thing isn't getting an evolution or something
Maybe because Sabeleyes are awesome and the writers all know it? My bet is between Sabeleye getting retyped to be a Dark/Fairy, or Ash catches one in time for the movie that evolves into a Dark/Fairy either at the end of Decolora Adventures or near the end of gen 6s first anime season.

Chances are that they had a couple of names in mind and looked to see which one was the most generic and tested the most positively. "fairy" may have been their final choice out of a couple of other titles including "magic" "mystic" "runic" etc. "Fairy" on it's own can even encompass air as an attribute, so maybe all of those were really too specific for the sake of designs.

Maybe because Sabeleyes are awesome and the writers all know it? My bet is between Sabeleye getting retyped to be a Dark/Fairy, or Ash catches one in time for the movie that evolves into a Dark/Fairy either at the end of Decolora Adventures or near the end of gen 6s first anime season.
ash catching a good pokemon that actually will evolve? *snort*

Geeze, finally.

Well, Sableye is the counterpart to Mawile, isn't it? So if they did a Mawile evo then they'd likely have to give Sableye one as well.

Well, Sableye is the counterpart to Mawile, isn't it? So if they did a Mawile evo then they'd likely have to give Sableye one as well.
true - and it'd be especially interesting if they both evolved into faeries, eh? if the rumour is true it wouldn't lack weaknesses anyway - weak to faerie and all that jazz.

You mean 4x Dragon resist?

Yeah that'd be sweet.
*Dragon immunity (assuming the Pokébeach "leaks" are correct in regard to Fairy's attributes)
That'd also mean Fairy/Steel takes only neutral damage from Steel, and super effective damage from just Fire & Fighting (Fairy lacks any traditional resistances; again, if the "leaks" are correct).

Anyway, moving away from that.

I'm actually no longer excited about Mewtwo's new forme. I mean I don't suddenly hate it or anything, I'm just not hyped for it like I used to be.

What I AM hyped for are the new rival/friend characters shown in the CoroCoro leaks!

From left to right, they're Tierno, Toroba, and Sana.

Tierno's name means "tender" or "gentle" in Spanish, so he looks to be the gentle giant kind of character!
Toroba's hairstyle, outfit, and fascination with the device he's holding makes me think he's at least an introverted intellectual, if not a haughty genius.
Assuming the three are already friends when you meet them, I can totally see Sana as the not-quite-Bianca-level-flighty-but-still-typically-girly glue to their little circle.

Both Tierno and Toroba like Sana, but Toroba's too proud to admit it (think mild tsundere), and Tierno's too much of a lug to realize it. Sana's innocently unaware of the boys' feelings and thinks of them as her two best friends.

All that said, Sana is definitely my favorite new human character. So adorable! <3

toroba's a boy? i totally thought female from looking at that hair, heh.

all the same, considering the likely personality and [his] hair, he kinda reminds me of kenny from the original beyblade series. anyone remember that? tierno's "gentle giant" stance reminds me of my best friend - he's not fat, but he's very tall, and when he doesn't shave he does look a little scary, but he's really the nicest guy ever.

sana looks like a ditz, though. arugh. and jesus, do legs actually get that thin? i have never seen that.

true - and it'd be especially interesting if they both evolved into faeries, eh? if the rumour is true it wouldn't lack weaknesses anyway - weak to faerie and all that jazz.
Oh no GameFreak please don't make an evolution for Sableye. His stats are one of the few things that are preventing him from becoming a monster to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)