Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to keep them nearby:

It should be pointed out that, currently, the only Pokemon that is capable of learning Aerial Ace by level up that is not a flying type is Heracross.

However, a great deal of Pokemon can learn it through TM. It's well distributed.
That's been the counterargument for a while. The point is that we shouldn't talk about our theories like they're destined to happen (and we should also come to the consensus that the move is Aerial Ace and move on, this argument has gone on for six months)

Chessmaster56

Banned deucer.
Why do you say that?
Because I agree it looking a lot more like Aerial Ace than Nightslash (which I've been arguing for) now haha

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The professor’s English name is Patrice.
The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
A few attacks will be dual-typed.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It’s a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.
The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
The “lizard,” Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.

There! Now how many of them are true?
Note: all of this was said in January/February way before we even got the subtlest hint on anything

Looking more and more likely all that is true after today knowing the first gym is bug. I still hate that name Meowstick. It does not sound like Meow-mystic it sounds like Meow-stick.

Because I agree it looking a lot more like Aerial Ace than Nightslash (which I've been arguing for) now haha

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.(Not fully checked off, but they're right about one part of that)
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).(again, not fully checked off)
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.(since it was revealed after mewtwo's new form was introduced, I want to call shenanigans. We'll see. Half-check for now)
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.(Partly true, since we now know that the first gym is indeed Bug-oriented)
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.(check)
You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.
The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It’s a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?(check)
The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.(slight typo, but check nonetheless)
The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?(check)
The “lizard,” Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?(check)
Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.(the latest reveal shows that two of your friends will certainly put themselves in competition with you, but your in-game group consists of five friends who all go journeying. I wouldn't check this off)
Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.(there was an argument of semantics here, but it may be that only a Gogoat can be ridden in Lumiose City if you so choose. It was indicated that other Pokémon can be ridden in other places for different purposes, but not confirmed yet. No check)
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).(indicated, but not revealed)
A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

Note: all of this was said in January/February way before we even got the subtlest hint on anything
Well, there you go. That's everything checked off that was true/partially true. Also, the Fairy type was first speculated about after a weird magazine page showed up online calling Sylveon, Xerneas and myself the "meruhen" type. Supposedly, this guy wasn't the earliest source to leak that there'd be a new type, though he did contact WPM back in February at first.

Chessmaster56

Banned deucer.
Well, there you go. That's everything checked off that was true/partially true. Also, the Fairy type was first speculated about after a weird magazine page showed up online calling Sylveon, Xerneas and myself the "meruhen" type. Supposedly, this guy wasn't the earliest source to leak that there'd be a new type.
So do you trust him? I think everything here sounds pretty legit except for Dual-type moves (may turn out like pledge moves), Mewtwo's Mew form thing, and the professor name. (though he might have made a mistake and switched Sycamore and Patrice around, OR [stupid theory ahead] Patrice is actually Sycamore's assistant and took charge of the lab after Sycamore left for Kanto. that's why at the end Sycamore gives you a choice of the Kanto Starters. I know stupid theory, I thought of it right after I woke up today).

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It’s a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.
The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
The “lizard,” Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

Those at least are confirmed.

So do you trust him? I think everything here sounds pretty legit except for Dual-type moves (may turn out like pledge moves), Mewtwo's Mew form thing, and the professor name. (though he might have made a mistake and switched Sycamore and Patrice around, OR [stupid theory ahead] Patrice is actually Sycamore's assistant and took charge of the lab after Sycamore left for Kanto. that's why at the end Sycamore gives you a choice of the Kanto Starters. I know stupid theory, I thought of it right after I woke up today).
Personally, I'm not excited about anything else he's said that has been left unconfirmed, so since there aren't any other seemingly reliable active sources, I'm just going by everything that's been officially revealed. If it's all true, then that's fine.

The only thing I hope that rumor is wrong about is hitting Dark-type for super effective. The Dragon immunity was a tad off so maybe Dark was a tad off?

Dark-types need a boost, not a nerf.

I'd like to see the time stamped reveals. I'm positive there wasn't a leak of Gogoat until CoroCoro.
the 4 names were given to wpm after the corocoro leaks but before the english names were shown
the 4 pokemon themselves were not given to him before hand, I don't believe

Dark and ghost have always been sort of equal I don't think that dark will get nerfed or buffed without ghost getting the same
Besides that whole one is immune to one of the most common offensive types, fighting, and the other is weak to it. Which is a huge difference.

So........ doduo and dodrio will be randomly jumping during sky battles?
That's gonna be funny.
In PBR surfing pikachu had a surboard. I call jetpacks.

Anyway i'm gonna go wild, and go beyond the rumors. What if lots of normal ( ex, clefairy) become fairy en normal becomes SE against fairy? would be the first SE for normal. What impact would that have on the meta? Snorlax back for OU? I like Snorlax. probs won't happen, but an SE for normal def would make it interesting. and something magical vs something normal does sound like an posibble SE.

I'm still a bit sceptic to parts of the Pokebeach rumour. These parts seem to not be correct:

"Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game."
- You start of with 4 other trainers, all of which presumably are your rivals.

"Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat."
- You can ride Rhyhorn, although not in Lumiose City.

"Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."
- Pokemon Smash indicated in their Sylveon skit that Fairy is super-effective on Ice. Fairy also appears to be neutral on Dark, based on the amount of HP Gardevoirs Fairy Wind took on Hydreigon (unless the attack has 25-30 BP).

hmm draining kiss, a move that has 60BP and restores the same amount of HP as the damage your opponent takes. Physical fairy move for marill line?

hmm draining kiss, a move that has 60BP and restores the same amount of HP as the damage your opponent takes. Physical fairy move for marill line?
A kiss sounds special-based to me because you don't actually use physical power to do that?

EDIT: The move Lick is physical though so fml, but still... to Kiss / Lick with Huge Power is weird :/

I'm still a bit sceptic to parts of the Pokebeach rumour. These parts seem to not be correct:

- You start of with 4 other trainers, all of which presumably are your rivals.

- You can ride Rhyhorn, although not in Lumiose City.

- Pokemon Smash indicated in their Sylveon skit that Fairy is super-effective on Ice. Fairy also appears to be neutral on Dark, based on the amount of HP Gardevoirs Fairy Wind took on Hydreigon (unless the attack has 25-30 BP).
The gogoat quote can be read as just in lumiose city
which it very well could be

the 4 other trainers thing IS a valid discrepancy, though. It's from the second batch of information & I remember hearing that WPM thought some stuff might be intentionally wrong with some of the info? Maybe that's one of them?

The only thing I hope that rumor is wrong about is hitting Dark-type for super effective. The Dragon immunity was a tad off so maybe Dark was a tad off?

Dark-types need a boost, not a nerf.
We actually don't know the effectiveness of Dragon type moves on Fairy type. The immunity rumour may still hold up.
Also, the Smash skit didn't actually reveal that Fairy was SE on Ice. It seemed to suggest that Fairy had no problem with Ice, but there was no "Super Effective?!" line, like there was when Sylveon was hit by whatever their representation of Poison was.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I wonder how I will manage to deal with this... I already frown when people write words or terms like Pokémon, Poké Ball, Pokémart, etc, without the diacritic é. Now we're getting Flabébé, which has two of the darn letters.
I think my head is going to implode of I ever see somebody referring to Flabébé in plural as "Flabebes". And that's if they keep the capital F.

EDIT:

V: Because it makes you look like you don't care, or worse, don't understand. I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read badly written texts with unnecessarily poor grammar and spelling, I picture its author as either being a kid, a dimwit, drunk or otherwise impaired. It doesn't take a lot of effort to make it look like you're a proper intelligent person. Hence my prejudice against those who don't bother.

I wonder how I will manage to deal with this... I already frown when people write words or terms like Pokémon, Poké Ball, Pokémart, etc, without the diacritic é. Now we're getting Flabébé, which has two of the darn letters.
I think my head is going to implode of I ever see somebody referring to Flabébé in plural as "Flabebes". And that's if they keep the capital F.
Because it's freaking hard to do so? Ok maybe not hard but tedious. Why bother using a diacritic e when it's just as easy to just type the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)