Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how I will manage to deal with this... I already frown when people write words or terms like Pokémon, Poké Ball, Pokémart, etc, without the diacritic é. Now we're getting Flabébé, which has two of the darn letters.
I think my head is going to implode of I ever see somebody referring to Flabébé in plural as "Flabebes". And that's if they keep the capital F.

EDIT:

V: Because it makes you look like you don't care, or worse, don't understand. I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read badly written texts with unnecessarily poor grammar and spelling, I picture its author as either being a kid, a dimwit, drunk or otherwise impaired. It doesn't take a lot of effort to make it look like you're a proper intelligent person. Hence my prejudice against those who don't bother.
I use a QWERTY keyboard, so I really have no idea how to put the ' over the e, just like I don't know how to put the ~ over the n in spanish, I suppose I could with the on screen keyboard but then it probably take me forever to write a sentence, and I bet 90% of the people you're upset at are in the same boat.

Man, I'm hoping that Poison and Ice types in general get some love from this generation by the introduction of Fairy types, they are past due.

The gogoat quote can be read as just in lumiose city
which it very well could be
You may be right. English is not my first language.

Also, the Smash skit didn't actually reveal that Fairy was SE on Ice. It seemed to suggest that Fairy had no problem with Ice, but there was no "Super Effective?!" line, like there was when Sylveon was hit by whatever their representation of Poison was.
I still think it was implied that it was SE on Ice. Why else would they have testet if Sylveon was Steel type if Sylveons attack only was neutral on Ice?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I use a QWERTY keyboard, so I really have no idea how to put the ' over the e, just like I don't know how to put the ~ over the n in spanish, I suppose I could with the on screen keyboard but then it probably take me forever to write a sentence, and I bet 90% of the people you're upset at are in the same boat.
I too use a QWERTY, albeit with a Norwegian configuration. Putting in diactritics is a simple matter of Alt Gr and a key somewhere in the vincinity of Backspace, then pressing e (or o, a or i, for other funny words). Perhaps the ease of doing it on my keyboard is what makes me regard this as a really hard thing to screw up once you're used to it. Didn't know it was more difficult with other keyboards. I'll reconsider my beliefs. Still, capitalization, punctuation, grammar or spelling shouldn't be too hard to demand. Right?

Anyway, as long as they stay clear of letters such as ï, ô or þ,I thinkI'll be okay.

Anyone with a standard US keyboard cannot readily type any accented characters. Alt codes are near impossible to use on a laptop keyboard without a numeric keypad. And it just so happens that I fall into both categories, and I'm sure I'm not alone. If I really need an accented character, I'd have to either open Microsoft Word and use its shortcuts (like Ctrl+', e), or copy and paste off a table somewhere.

The gogoat quote can be read as just in lumiose city
which it very well could be

the 4 other trainers thing IS a valid discrepancy, though. It's from the second batch of information & I remember hearing that WPM thought some stuff might be intentionally wrong with some of the info? Maybe that's one of them?
The leaker might have been in the mindset that "if they don't have the starters, are not directly competing against me in my my goals which are catching and battling, aren't fighting against me every 2 or 3 towns and aren't fought near the end, they aren't rivals", so it is possible that might have excluded the latter half for these very narrow definitions of an in-game rival(see "OMG May/Brendan/Wally/N are not rivals" arguements for reference).

The starters thing might become a reality funnily enough, since recent merch of the next animé series have a lot of Kanto Starters. Though this is a major stretch.

Anyways, the second Gym Leader will most likely be revealed in July or August(Lenora was revealed in August along with Cilan) and if Espurr is our new Drowzee/Spoink/Mime Jr.-Chingling/Munna it has a 50/50 chance of being showcased pre-release. Inkay is really unlikely to be confirmed early unless they want to showcase it's typing/it has a new ability or move to be showcased.

Professor should also be revealed next month or so as well.

EDIT:

V: Because it makes you look like you don't care, or worse, don't understand. I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I read poorly written texts with unnecessarily poor grammar and spelling, I picture its author as either being a kid, a dimwit, drunk or otherwise impaired. It doesn't take a lot of effort to make it look like you're a proper intelligent person. Hence my prejudice against those who don't bother.
Fixed ;D

Chessmaster56

Banned deucer.
Stop with the accents!

About the rival discrepancy:
Obviously, you can only have 2 rivals because there are only 3 starters and, well....it would be weird if all 5 people had staters with some havering to repeat their Pokèmon whatnot (like say you picked Chespin, Trevor and Tierno might get Froakie and Shauna and Serena/Calem might get Fennekin....which is kinda weird). I think Shauna is kinda like Lyra, just playing around with a Flabèbè or a Sylveon or a cute poke, not really a rival. Tierno, the fat guy, wants to create a dance team with pokes so he might have a krikitune or chatot and not be your rival. Trevor will probably be an even more annoying Cheren always talking about power and strength, and will mature throughout the game. Serena and Calem are still a secret but pretty sure they play Barry kind of role.

Bottom line: Serena/Calem and Trevor are your rivals, so the pokebeach dude may still be right

R/S -> D/P [DS Lite]
D/P -> B/W [DS Lite + 3DS]
B/W -> X/Y [???]

I don't see a problem. If you can play the game, you can trade it (provided you aren't playing on a Gameboy). Nintendo isn't excluding anyone they haven't already left behind.

EDIT: You can trade from Gen III to Gen IV even though the internal clock has died. Source: I've done it.
When you run BW on a 3DS it's running in standard DS mode. It even uses your wifi settings for standard DS. 3DS games run entirely separately and don't communicate with devices running in standard DS mode.

Really excited that you finally get a lot of rivals during the game. I surmise that Serena / Xavier (?) will be the stronger of your other rivals while Tierno et al. will be more of the casual pokemon trainer. I'm also confused as to how they're going to distribute the starters among them. Perhaps not all of your rivals will get staters and may end up with the Litleo / Furabébé as their main. I wouldn't be too surprised if this was how it went.

Also read somewhere that Litleo will evolve into Fire/Poison because of that "stinger" on its tail. Highly implausible but if so it would perhaps be a very competitive pokemon due to the fairy resist / fairy super effectiveness. I'm hoping for something that Arcanine wishes it could be

I don't like the flower-fairy, because I dislike how scenery is somehow adopted into the creature as well.

Pokemon are just "creatures with special powers", and if the flower is not actually a part of the pokemon, then it irks me that it would be included in the battle model, etc.

Although, if it evolves and the flower becomes part of it, making it Grass/Fairy, that would be cool.

On another note, has anyone considered Dragonite becoming Dragon/Fairy? Dragonite is practically the definition of "fairytale dragon".....

I don't like the flower-fairy, because I dislike how scenery is somehow adopted into the creature as well.

Pokemon are just "creatures with special powers", and if the flower is not actually a part of the pokemon, then it irks me that it would be included in the battle model, etc.

Although, if it evolves and the flower becomes part of it, making it Grass/Fairy, that would be cool.

On another note, has anyone considered Dragonite becoming Dragon/Fairy? Dragonite is practically the definition of "fairytale dragon".....

Dragon/Fairy is somewhat broken in and of itself and if Dragonite would adopt this typing it would without a doubt be summoned to ubers. Its SR weakness is mainly what keeps it checked in the current meta and losing its flying typing would make it a tank (perhaps) too defensive for current OUs to take

Dragon/Fairy is somewhat broken in and of itself and if Dragonite would adopt this typing it would without a doubt be summoned to ubers. Its SR weakness is mainly what keeps it checked in the current meta and losing its flying typing would make it a tank (perhaps) too defensive for current OUs to take
Dear God, no! Never have I been happier that Dragonite has wings.

Losing SR weakness and dropping 4x ice down to 2x would make DNite an absolute beast.
By tha way, why is nobody complaining on 'Scatterbug'? That name is worse than Talonflame :/
*Team Birdie*
There's been really dumb names in every gen all the way back to Gen 1. I can't be bothered to start caring now.

Also read somewhere that Litleo will evolve into Fire/Poison because of that "stinger" on its tail. Highly implausible but if so it would perhaps be a very competitive pokemon due to the fairy resist / fairy super effectiveness. I'm hoping for something that Arcanine wishes it could be

I didn't notice the stinger but now that I have...what if Litleo turns into a manticore? :O

That'll be freakin' awesomeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)