TechniciMons - XY Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Adonzo mentioned Beat Up Weavile in their wonderful, detailed "list of viable moves boosted by Technician".

But yeah Weavile is one to watch with great Speed and Attack and a plethora of low base power moves.

Are Seismic Toss and Night Shade also banned? I'm assuming yes since their BP is 100 if this game is played at level 100 only.

EDIT: Stored Power looked cool at first, but I don't know if the addition of Technician helps or hurts it. Stored Power hits like this:
0 boosts: 30bp
1 boost: 60bp
2 boosts: 90bp
3 boosts: 80bp
4 boosts: 100bp
5 boosts: 120bp
6 boosts: 140bp
and so on.

As you can tell, the gap between 2 and 4 boosts is small, so after 1 Calm Mind/Cosmic Power it hits as hard as Psychic when you could just run Psychic to begin with and not worry about having to get any boosts to do significant damage. This changes of course when you get a large amount of boosts going, but the go-to for Stored Power, Sigilyph, ran Magic Guard and Cosmic Power to rack them up.

Sigilyph looked pretty cool at first. It has access to a good mix of low bp attacks like Stored Power, Air Cutter, Ancient Power, Icy Wind, Charge Beam, and of course a Hidden Power of choice, like Fighting or Ghost. Plus it resists Fighting x4 and is immune to Bulldoze.
But the Avianoid really misses Magic Guard (hello SR) and even Tinted Lens and loses out to Weavile, Smack Down/other Rock moves, and Taunt if it chooses to run Stored Power with a boosting move.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
If the cap is 100, which is what I'm assuming since he said 100+, then I don't think those two will be banned. Defensive pokes need those anyway.

What about Acid Spray? A 40 BP Poison-move that always lowers SpD by 2 stages.

Distribution isnt that great tho but Tentacruel could use it on an offensive set alongside Water Pulse/Surf, Icy Wind/Ice Beam and a Hidden Power. Factoring Technician and STAB the move gets 90 BP which is not too shabby. It would also work on a defensive set to discourage setup sweeper and to annoy the pink blobs.

Weavile, Klinklang, and Rhyperior stand out for me. Imagine how hard Rhyperior's Rock Blast hits off base 140 attack, STAB and technician boosts.

Oh, and Charge Beam Alakazam suddenly looks more threatening.

SpartanMalice

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dual Chop
- Bulldoze
- Aqua Tail / Fire Fang / Flamethrower
- Rock Slide / Rock Tomb

Same as Garchomp's usual choiced sets in OU, except that because of Dual Chop's increase in Power, it doesn't have to be an optional move to outrage anymore, so it gets more coverage. Dual Chop and Bulldoze are the main stabs, replacing Outrage and EQ. Rock Slide and Technician Rock Tomb have the same base power. Rock Slide can flinch, but Rock Tomb gives a Banded set power AND a chance to lower speed, which is pretty useful. The coverage move is up to you. Band can choose between Aqua Tail and Fire Fang, whereas Scarf can use Flamethrower in place of the banned Fire Blast to take out threats that Fire Fang can't. However, since Rock Slide can do neutral damage against heatran as well, it's probably okay to go with Fire Fang on Band.

Garchomp is one of only two pokemon that get Dual Chop, so this is pretty useful.

Archeops @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide / Rock Tomb / Smack Down / AncientPower
- Earth Power / Bulldoze
- Roost / U-turn

Archeops has an advantage in this meta. Why ? 140/112/110 offensive stats, AND no more Defeatist. That being said, it's defenses are still low, so, Roost is still a good option. And it can't use Head Smash or Stone Edge anymore. However, Flying Gem Acrobatics hits hard after a Technician boost, and will remain a 110 PP attack after it's used. He has multiple rock moves to choose from, the first three all have different effects and 75 BP, while AncientPower comes close to a Stone Edge replica with 90 BP and 8 PP. However, it does have an advantage, it's 100% accurate. Note that Special sets can use a 60 or 59 BP Hidden Power Rock with similar BP and much more PP, but it's probably best to use a physical rock move, but idk, Stratagem took me off guard in CAP because I never expected a Rock mon to be Special. Earth Power and Bulldoze are both decent options, as Earth Power can hit physical walls with weak Sp. Def. Roost can be used to heal and U-turn to scout.

Alternatively, it can use a CB set to wreck things, where it can replace Acrobatics with Aerial Ace or Pluck (or maybe even Wing Attack for the higher PP).

Edit: Nvm, just realized AncientPower is Special. Still could probably use it though, but HP rock is better.

I had this awesome idea of Technician Cloyster but it got crushed by the fact that it doesn't have skill link anymore.

SpartanMalice

It can still use those multi-hit moves and Ice Shard since they are great when Technician boosted, except it now has to worry about them missing. Not bad though when you consider it still has Smash.

Archeops @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide / Rock Tomb / Smack Down / AncientPower
- Earth Power / Bulldoze
- Roost / U-turn

Archeops has an advantage in this meta. Why ? 140/112/110 offensive stats, AND no more Defeatist. That being said, it's defenses are still low, so, Roost is still a good option. And it can't use Head Smash or Stone Edge anymore. However, Flying Gem Acrobatics hits hard after a Technician boost, and will remain a 110 PP attack after it's used. He has multiple rock moves to choose from, the first three all have different effects and 75 BP, while AncientPower comes close to a Stone Edge replica with 90 BP and 8 PP. However, it does have an advantage, it's 100% accurate. Note that Special sets can use a 60 or 59 BP Hidden Power Rock with similar BP and much more PP, but it's probably best to use a physical rock move, but idk, Stratagem took me off guard in CAP because I never expected a Rock mon to be Special. Earth Power and Bulldoze are both decent options, as Earth Power can hit physical walls with weak Sp. Def. Roost can be used to heal and U-turn to scout.

Alternatively, it can use a CB set to wreck things, where it can replace Acrobatics with Aerial Ace or Pluck (or maybe even Wing Attack for the higher PP).

Edit: Nvm, just realized AncientPower is Special. Still could probably use it though, but HP rock is better.
Lol thanks for reminding me. Archeops is one of three Pokemon that keeps its ability. The others are Slaking and Regigigas.

SpartanMalice

Why would you run Roost on 75/65/65 defenses? No real point in doing that, because it still is so frail that a lot of things 2HKO it.
I'm just used to that set I guess. (I ran roost in RU because of SR bringing it to defeatist level) Too bad it can't be used now though. Oh well, there's still aerodactyl.

Lol thanks for reminding me. Archeops is one of three Pokemon that keeps its ability. The others are Slaking and Regigigas.
While I understand why you might do this, are you sure Archeops would be OP with Technician? I mean, there are OU Pokemon with higher stats. The main thing it has going for it is its wonderful sweeping stats, but it is frail and a) OHKOing the enemy before they attack is much harder in this and b) it is weak to several (of the now buffed) types of priority.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bulldoze
- Smack Down
- Dual Chop
- Swords Dance

Set up SD, put down Flying-Types and Levitaters with Smack Down and start spaming Dual Chop + Bulldoze, combo that after Skarmory and Bronzong have falled, has perfect coverage.

SpartanMalice

While I understand why you might do this, are you sure Archeops would be OP with Technician? I mean, there are OU Pokemon with higher stats. The main thing it has going for it is its wonderful sweeping stats, but it is frail and a) OHKOing the enemy before they attack is much harder in this and b) it is weak to several (of the now buffed) types of priority.
It's stronger than salamence tbh, with 140/112/110 but it has a worse typing, and I don't think it would be OP with a BST of 567 when there are pokes like Garchomp running around with a great balanced 600 BST with access to an 120 BP Dual Chop. Hell, you probably won't even need stealth rock to KO it with a Technician Ice Shard. Weavile's stronger than it because of all the priority moves it has access to.

IMO, it should be an exception, but it's up to sims to decide.

Edit: That reminds me. Some pokes can just run fire moves too for steel coverage since Heatran doesn't have Flash Fire anymore. Same neutral damage as with Rock and Electric.

ever heard of deoxys-n

SpartanMalice

ever heard of deoxys-n
Normal Deoxys is different, it has 150 speed and equal offensive stats, whereas 110 speed ties with several pokes, and won't outspeed Starmie, Alakazam, Aero, etc. And it will mostly try to use it's physical attack as well due to its typing.

And yeah, Cloyster should still be good, now it just has to worry about constinency with those multi-hit moves. In NU, I rarely get more than two rock blasts.

Normal Deoxys is different, it has 150 speed and equal offensive stats, whereas 110 speed ties with several pokes, and won't outspeed Starmie, Alakazam, Aero, etc. And it will mostly try to use it's physical attack as well due to its typing.

And yeah, Cloyster should still be good, now it just has to worry about constinency with those multi-hit moves. In NU, I rarely get more than two rock blasts.

The same goes to Deoxys-A, but seriously, those 2 will fall to almost every priority attack, especially if they come from something like Weavile.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dual Chop
- Bulldoze
- Aqua Tail / Fire Fang / Flamethrower
- Rock Slide / Rock Tomb

Same as Garchomp's usual choiced sets in OU, except that because of Dual Chop's increase in Power, it doesn't have to be an optional move to outrage anymore, so it gets more coverage. Dual Chop and Bulldoze are the main stabs, replacing Outrage and EQ. Rock Slide and Technician Rock Tomb have the same base power. Rock Slide can flinch, but Rock Tomb gives a Banded set power AND a chance to lower speed, which is pretty useful. The coverage move is up to you. Band can choose between Aqua Tail and Fire Fang, whereas Scarf can use Flamethrower in place of the banned Fire Blast to take out threats that Fire Fang can't. However, since Rock Slide can do neutral damage against heatran as well, it's probably okay to go with Fire Fang on Band.

Garchomp is one of only two pokemon that get Dual Chop, so this is pretty useful.
Try this set that abuses Technician:

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Bulk Up
-Low Sweep
-Shadow Sneak
-Dual Chop

Yes, Gallade has Dual Chop, and these three moves are buffed by Bulk Up and Technician, plus you have speed-lowering, a move to break subs, priority, and fantastic coverage.

Try this set that abuses Technician:

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
-Bulk Up
-Low Sweep
-Shadow Sneak
-Dual Chop

Yes, Gallade has Dual Chop, and these three moves are buffed by Bulk Up and Technician, plus you have speed-lowering, a move to break subs, priority, and fantastic coverage.
You could better use Swords Dance with that set, it gives it more power, and also try something like Psycho Cut where you put Dual Chop, which it doesn't get.

SpartanMalice

Bulldoze lowers speed as well, but I don't think Gallade has Dual Chop. Only Haxorus and Garchomp get it AFAIK. It'd be better off with a stab move.

And yeah Deoxys-A is even more frail, but you have to rely on something faster or priority to kill either anyway, whereas Archeops' 110 speed while fast isn't exactly too fast.

Edit: Actually it seems Gallade can learn it by move tutor, but it's still better off using stab anyway. I normally use a slightly bulkier set with bulk up, with that spread I think it would appreciate Swords Dance more.

Bulldoze lowers speed as well, but I don't think Gallade has Dual Chop. Only Haxorus and Garchomp get it AFAIK. It'd be better off with a stab move.

And yeah Deoxys-A is even more frail, but you have to rely on something faster or priority to kill either anyway, whereas Archeops' 110 speed while fast isn't exactly too fast.

Edit: Actually it seems Gallade can learn it by move tutor, but it's still better off using stab anyway. I normally use a slightly bulkier set with bulk up, with that spread I think it would appreciate Swords Dance more.
actually after technician dual chop is essentially STABed, while Psycho Cut stays at 70 BP. dragon + fighting is better coverage than psychic + fighting imo, plus sub breaker

SpartanMalice

Fair enough, Garchomp and Haxorus are still probably the best mons to run it though, cause of Technician + STAB, and Chomp's high speed. In fact, Chomp's base 102 speed was what made think of that in the first place. But Gallade's a good choice. That low defense and speed will hurt it in this meta though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)