Type Remix! (Currently Testing Kanto Pokemon)

Should I add the Gen 2 Pokemon, for the sake of Drizzle?

• Yes

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Joim approves of the following message:
Type Remix!

Have you ever wondered what will happen if Pokemon get new typing combinations? New STABs or even strategies will arise. This metagame does just that by giving each Pokemon not one, but two new types! Types that the Pokemon had earlier will be rerandomized, so everyone is guaranteed a fresh, new type. I'll also give each Pokemon two new STABs, one Special and one Physical, as well as a utility and niche move for good measure. You can find them in the handy list at the bottom of this post. Of course, there will be no really special STABs like Spacial Rend, Psystrike, etc. distributed.

For now, here are the first 151! The rest will be distributed after playing with these a bit.
Bulbasaur: Flying/Water
Ivysaur: Ground/Bug
Venusaur: Bug/Ground
Charmander: Fighting/Electric
Charmeleon: Ghost/Ground
Charizard: Ice/Poison
Squirtle: Bug/Rock
Wartortle: Ghost/Normal
Blastoise: Bug/Rock
Caterpie: Dragon/Normal
Metapod: Grass/Water
Butterfree: Ground/Steel
Weedle: Grass/Fighting
Kakuna: Fire/Water
Beedrill: Psychic/Dark
Pidgey: Grass/Water
Pidgeotto: Electric/Poison
Pidgeot: Poison/Ground
Rattata: Ground/Steel
Raticate: Dark/Fighting
Spearow: Water/Bug
Fearow: Dark/Water
Ekans: Flying/Ground
Arbok: Fire/Fighting
Pikachu: Poison/Bug
Raichu: Rock/Fighting
Sandshrew: Dark/Water
Sandslash: Electric/Fire
Nidoran (Female): Water/Dragon
Nidorina: Dragon/Grass
Nidoqueen: Water/Bug
Nidoran (Male): Dragon/Fighting
Nidorino: Electric/Ice
Nidoking: Rock/Electric
Clefairy: Fire/Steel
Clefable: Steel/Poison
Vulpix: Ghost/Ground
Ninetales: Dark/Normal
Jigglypuff: Poison/Ground
Wigglytuff: Ice/Electric
Zubat: Fire/Dragon
Golbat: Rock/Bug
Oddish: Normal/Flying
Gloom: Rock/Normal
Vileplume: Ground/Flying
Paras: Ground/Flying
Parasect: Ground/Dark
Venonat: Ground/Grass
Venomoth: Ground/Dark
Diglett: Ghost/Dark
Dugtrio: Dark/Normal
Meowth: Fighting/Dark
Persian: Water/Poison
Psyduck: Rock/Dragon
Golduck: Fire/Flying
Mankey: Fire/Rock
Primeape: Electric/Psychic
Growlithe: Grass/Ice
Arcanine: Ground/Water
Poliwag: Steel/Dragon
Poliwhirl: Grass/Electric
Poliwrath: Fire/Ghost
Abra: Fighting/Bug
Kadabra: Normal/Flying
Alakazam: Water/Dragon
Machop: Rock/Dark
Machoke: Electric/Fire
Machamp: Bug/Fire
Bellsprout: Steel/Rock
Weepinbel: Rock/Flying
Victreebel: Steel/Psychic
Tentacool: Grass/Flying
Tentacruel: Ice/Grass
Geodude: Electric/Flying
Graveler: Steel/Poison
Golem: Dragon/Fire
Ponyta: Ice/Steel
Rapidash: Fighting/Electric
Slowpoke: Dark/Fire
Slowbro: Ice/Dragon
Magnemite: Dark/Flying
Magneton: Dark/Grass
Farfetch'd: Dragon/Steel
Doduo: Dark/Steel
Dodrio: Fire/Psychic
Seel: Dark/Poison
Dewgong: Bug/Fire
Grimer: Flying/Ground
Muk: Water/Grass
Shellder: Electric/Fire
Cloyster: Grass/Fire
Gastly: Dragon/Dark
Haunter: Dragon/Normal
Gengar: Water/Rock
Onix: Bug/Water
Drowzee: Flying/Bug
Hypno: Ice/Normal
Krabby: Ground/Dark
Kingler: Fire/Grass
Voltorb: Ice/Ground
Electrode: Ghost/Grass
Exeggcute: Bug/Water
Exeggutor: Fighting/Poison
Cubone: Normal/Rock
Marowak: Dragon/Flying
Hitmonlee: Dark/Steel
Hitmonchan: Water/Steel
Lickitung: Flying/Dragon
Koffing: Psychic/Fighting
Weezing: Electric/Dark
Rhyhorn: Normal/Fighting
Rhydon: Electric/Psychic
Chansey: Grass/Steel
Tangela: Bug/Psychic
Kangaskahn: Flying/Dark
Horsea: Dragon/Dark
Seadra: Flying/Bug
Goldeen: Fighting/Ghost
Seaking: Steel/Rock
Staryu: Poison/Dragon
Starmie: Ice/Grass
Mr. Mime: Bug/Steel
Scyther: Poison/Rock
Jynx: Fighting/Flying
Electabuzz: Water/Fighting
Magmar: Water/Normal
Pinsir: Flying/Dark
Tauros: Psychic/Fire
Magikarp: Dragon/Ice
Gyarados: Fire/Dragon
Lapras: Grass/Rock
Ditto: Dragon/Grass
Eevee: Poison/Dark
Vaporeon: Dark/Ground
Jolteon: Dragon/Fighting
Flareon: Fighting/Normal
Porygon: Bug/Dark
Omanyte: Ground/Flying
Omastar: Ice/Steel
Kabuto: Flying/Ground
Kabutops: Bug/Steel
Aerodactyl: Fighting/Bug
Snorlax: Bug/Electric
Articuno: Bug/Steel
Zapdos: Fire/Ice
Moltres: Psychic/Electric
Dratini: Water/Ice
Dragonair: Fire/Rock
Dragonite: Electric/Dark
Mewtwo: Dragon/Flying
Mew: Rock/Water

And here are their new STABs!
Normal: Extremespeed, Hyper Voice, Whirlwind, and Rapid Spin
Fire: Flare Blitz, Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp, and Flame Charge
Grass: Wood Hammer, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, and Bullet Seed
Water: Waterfall, Surf, Soak, and Aqua Jet
Electric: Wild Charge, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and Volt Switch
Ground: Earthquake, Earth Power, Spikes, and Bonemerang
Poison: Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes, and Coil
Bug: Megahorn, Bug Buzz, Quiver Dance, and U-Turn
Ice: Icicle Crash, Ice Beam, Haze, and Ice Shard
Fighting: Hi Jump Kick, Aura Sphere, Bulk Up, and Drain Punch
Psychic: Zen Headbutt, Psyshock, Trick Room, and Cosmic Power
Flying: Brave Bird, Hurricane, Tailwind, and Air Slash
Rock: Stone Edge, Paleo Wave, Stealth Rock, and Rock Blast
Ghost: ShadowStrike, Shadow Ball, Destiny Bond, and Night Shade
Dark: Crunch, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, and Fling
Steel: Iron Head, Flash Cannon, Autotomize, and Gear Grind
Dragon: Outrage, Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance, and Dragon Tail[/HIDE]

Lastly, the clauses and rules.
- All Standard OU Clauses and Regulations
- Drizzle + Swift Swim: Allowed

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow, so we might get V-Create Haxorus
or would you rather Water Spout ThundyT
nah lets take Vacuum Wave Chandelure

EV

Banned deucer.
I take it the abilities stay the same? Defensive wise, it will be handy if something that has Water Absorb becomes a type weak to Water. Maybe Jellicent will get Ground? Fire? Speaking of which, new defensive pivots might arise based on the new typing. Imagine if Lickitung got Grass/Steel with Dragon Tail and STAB Power Whip plus its bulk.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Awesome idea Pikachuun, I am sure as hell playing a match against you if it does get implemented somewhere :]

Who will get put in the dumps because of there types e.g. what if alakazam gets bug flying? Who knows till the type charts are released

I have no idea how difficult to code into the current setup it would be, but a sort of reverse hackmons would be fun. Pokemon have the same abilities and moves (and stats) that they usually do, but their types could be chosen by the user, allowing for wildly different typings to suit the sets they're using. (A better defensive typing, better STAB...)

On the other hand, that would probably end up either confusing as hell or as centralized as Hackmons despite the variety.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Who will get put in the dumps because of there types e.g. what if alakazam gets bug flying? Who knows till the type charts are released
If kazam gets bug/flying he still won't have to worry about SR due to Magic Guard, and has overall better special stats than Volc as well.

I have no idea how difficult to code into the current setup it would be, but a sort of reverse hackmons would be fun. Pokemon have the same abilities and moves (and stats) that they usually do, but their types could be chosen by the user, allowing for wildly different typings to suit the sets they're using. (A better defensive typing, better STAB...)

On the other hand, that would probably end up either confusing as hell or as centralized as Hackmons despite the variety.
I love this, though I can see many types being used a lot more than others. Ex. Dragon/Fighting Haxorus, Arcanine (it gets both Outrage and Close Combat along with stuff like Morning Sun) or Ghost/Steel (to stop all those dragons), It would definitely be interesting but idk how possible it would be.

I love this, though I can see many types being used a lot more than others. Ex. Dragon/Fighting Haxorus, Arcanine (it gets both Outrage and Close Combat along with stuff like Morning Sun) or Ghost/Steel (to stop all those dragons), It would definitely be interesting but idk how possible it would be.
key word in op is 'rerandomized'

That's a really good and fun idea! I can't wait to see what gets what. In fact, I might do that myself!

*Wishes fervently for Ghost/Steel Latias*
So what are you going to do about any OP typings like that that come up? Also, are Uber Pokemon being allowed in or is it at OU's power level.

Quick update on the Type Change that I'm doing just personally.

- Ghost/Steel Crobat and Salamence. Resist ALL the things! Bulky Mence could become good with Intimidate.
- Fighting/Dragon Cloyster. Unresisted STAB+Shell Smash? YES PLEASE.
- Funny combos like Fire/Ice on so many things.
- Abomasnow has no weak with Ghost/Dark.

This meta seems like it would be really fun and the way I'm doing it makes it seem even more fun!

EV

Banned deucer.
I see you said you'll be giving them two new types, but as it happens with randomization (my own experience in making Wonkymons), if a type is given twice to the same Pokémon (like if Blissey is given Water/Water), will it just become a monotype or will another type be generated?

Anyway, this sounds cool. I look forward to hearing more about it. What are you going to do about 'mons that after their typing change have their abilities become redundant or unusable? (ie a Levitator becomes Flying type, or a Poison Heal 'mon becomes Poison or Steel type, making it impossible for them to be poisoned.) Will they get a new replacement ability so that they don't get shafted too hard, or will they just keep the one they have for the sake of simplicity?

Edit: Also, just realized that Flareon should have an actual good physical STAB attack now. That in and of itself is cause for celebration.

Pikachuun

So what are you going to do about any OP typings like that that come up? Also, are Uber Pokemon being allowed in or is it at OU's power level.
If a typing's too OP, tell me and I'll put it up as a suspect for you! Some Ubers will also be suspected, because Torn-T and Exadrill don't get STAB Hurricane/EQ whatevers.
If a type is given twice to the same Pokémon (like if Blissey is given Water/Water), will it just become a monotype or will another type be generated?
Another type will be generated.
What are you going to do about 'mons that after their typing change have their abilities become redundant or unusable? (ie a Levitator becomes Flying type, or a Poison Heal 'mon becomes Poison or Steel type, making it impossible for them to be poisoned.) Will they get a new replacement ability so that they don't get shafted too hard, or will they just keep the one they have for the sake of simplicity?
They'll keep their ability. We have Rotom-Fan with Levitate and Flying type (on a balloon even) for goodness sakes.
Edit: Also, just realized that Flareon should have an actual good physical STAB attack now. That in and of itself is cause for celebration.
It's so beautiful, isn't it ;-;

Any idea's when the new randomized typings will come out?

Edit: The first wave is out, so I'll start leaving some of the typings that catch my eye here.
Clefable: Steel/Poison
Cloyster: Fire/Grass (Already have a set in mind. Shell Smash, Bullet Seed, Fire Blast/Flare Blitz, Icicle Spear/Rock Blast)
Marowak: Dragon/Flying (Dat Outrage)
Gyarados: Fire/Dragon
Jolteon: Fighting/Dragon
Flareon: Ground/Normal (STAB EQ and Facade! This is glorious day!)

Pikachuun

The first 151 have come out. I'm working on the others; the names are the most daunting part...

canno

formerly The Reptile
Jolteon: Dragon/Fighting
Assuming that the 2 STAB moves you give it are Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere/Focus Blast, this is going to be on hell of a pokemon. It also has Volt Switch for maximum shenanigans. This is going to be very interesting.

Ninetales: Dark/Normal
Well, this is rather interesting. On one hand, no more Fire STAB, only Pseudo STAB. On the other hand, it's not weak to SR, and Normal / Dark / Fire is pretty decent on the offensive side. 4x weakness to Fighting sucks though.

Oh shit son. Water / Dragon Alakazam is here to wreck shit in Rain teams. LO boosted Water STAB in the rain is going to be insane. Meanwhile, Focus Sash is still going to be neat. Overall, pretty cool

Hitmonchan: Water/Steel
Maybe it'll be decent now that it has a very nice typing? Probably not, but one can dream.

Gengar: Water/Rock
Water/Rock with Levitate. That's neat. Too bad best special Rock STAB will be Power Gem / Hidden Power. Oh well.

Pikachuun

Jolteon actually doesn't get Dragon Pulse... but DRACO FRICKIN METEOR instead. Same with Alakazam. Those might be the first two to suspect!

EDIT: I gave them DPulse, because a bunch of Pokemon would be better off with more powerful or more accurate moves (Balancing them out)

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Watch out for the mighty dragon caterpie!
Looks like a fun metagame, looking forward to play it when its done~

canno

formerly The Reptile
Jolteon actually doesn't get Dragon Pulse... but DRACO FRICKIN METEOR instead. Same with Alakazam. Those might be the first two to suspect!
Welp, I do fear that they might be broken, especially Jolteon since it's already a a hit-and-run pokemon. I think that

Volt Switch / Draco Meteor / Fighting STAB / HP Fire

Will become the standard. Probably Specs.

Pikachuun

Water/Rock with Levitate. That's neat. Too bad best special Rock STAB will be Power Gem / Hidden Power. Oh well.
I thought this too when coming up with a special alternative, so I decided to use a move from CAP called Paleo Wave. It's basically a better Power Gem, with a chance to lower Attack for good measure. I also put all STABs a Pokemon will get in the OP by type, so be sure to check it out!

I feel like if we are changing types and expanding movepools, it would make sense to give the 'mons all of the STAB moves that are learned by just about all other 'mons of that same type in the regular game. Or in other words, since about all Dragon types learn Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor, Outrage, etc, all new Dragon types in this mod should get those moves too. I may be missing a reason why just giving them one move is better, but this way makes more sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)