Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that has really intrigued me is the Fairy type. So far we know that is super-effective against Dragon, and is not resisted by either Flying or Dark. They probably made it super-effective against dragon (and showed us) to balance it out. This might mean that it could resist dragon as well. If Mawile does indeed become Steel/Fairy, it could even be the first to double resist dragon. The thing I have been most concerned about though, is what will they do to secondary types??? Marril for example, will be Water/Fairy. But what about Azumarril? Dropping the type halfway through the evolution line would be a little redundant, but dropping a type that is already present in a pokémon might go too far.

nahhh i wasn't referring to extreme edits, i was referring to a more simple type of correction, like textures or colour. helioptile was also in a more yellow, sandy place as opposed to the almost mars-like redness of that area, right?
This is also plausible, though it may be that wild Pokemon in the area are found in something like sand pits, or another area other than a straight up rocky ground where the texture may be lighter and there are hiding spots to be accidentally stepped on. Plus, the backgrounds and atmosphere of the battlefield isn't a perfect reflection of the area you're in. This:

certainly uses lighter colors than the rock texture from January, but you can still see some orange-reddish rocks and mountains in the background. As another example, the open route battlefield (the battlefield for basic areas like Routes 1-3 that aren't a dense forest or other non-traditional area) uses a less intense texture that's just light green for the ground outside of the patches of grass that the Pokemon stand in instead of the layered-looking grass texture seen in the overworld for basic grass.
I wouldn't argue that they may have softened the textures to make the visual transition from overworld to battlefield easier, though.

Something that has really intrigued me is the Fairy type. So far we know that is super-effective against Dragon, and is not resisted by either Flying or Dark. They probably made it super-effective against dragon (and showed us) to balance it out. This might mean that it could resist dragon as well. If Mawile does indeed become Steel/Fairy, it could even be the first to double resist dragon. The thing I have been most concerned about though, is what will they do to secondary types??? Marril for example, will be Water/Fairy. But what about Azumarril? Dropping the type halfway through the evolution line would be a little redundant, but dropping a type that is already present in a pokémon might go too far.
Wut? The whole line was single types going normal--->water----> water. I don't see how any type would be dropped here :/

you could argue that the red rocks in the background are just the effect of shadow but i totally agree that it's the same general area.

also i love how the helioptile is "attacking" and yet it's still like 0v0
it's like
0v0
u srs m8

0V0
U WANNA DIE M8

0V0
I SWEAR ON ME MUM IF YOU LAY ONE-MORE-STEP ON ME EARS I'LL GO BRAVEHEART ON YER SORRY ARSE

Life would be funnier if everyone were like Shiruba.

I don't know why but something tells me that the "The wild X you stepped on attacked" thing just appears at random when encountering wild Pokémon.

I think Xerens well have a Fairy/ ice typing.E3 showed him using a ice beam looking move

And Eviltall(get the joke?) well have a dark/flying typing.

They can do both effect moves because I think Dark is weak to fairy and Fairy is also weak to dark. And Fly is weak to ice.

I hope they do that! It would be cool.

Or Xereas can be fairy/steel(Well be OP In Ubers)

My guess for Xerneas' type always involved Steel. Its legs look like swords and its chest looks like a shield. Now that Fairy has been revealed I'm drawn to Steel/Fairy as a possibility. For Yveltal, I'd pick two from Fire, Dark, or Flying. This is a bit into speculation territory but I couldn't resist. ANooying how they hide information and trick us into doing this...lol

I think Xerens well have a Fairy/ ice typing.E3 showed him using a ice beam looking move

And Eviltall(get the joke?) well have a dark/flying typing.

They can do both effect moves because I think Dark is weak to fairy and Fairy is also weak to dark. And Fly is weak to ice.

I hope they do that! It would be cool.

Or Xereas can be fairy/steel(Well be OP In Ubers)
Looks more like a laz0r. Very powerful fairy type move?

Anyway, mono types could be posible. just fairy for Xerneas and just dark for Yvetal maybe.

I wonder why there's no mention of Abilities in the leaks. Are they preparing something huge with the mechanic?
Honestly with the introduction of Fairy Type and Dream World in this gen, I highly doubt it.

Seeing as:

Gen 1: Original
Gen 2: Hold Items/New Typings
Gen 3: Abilities
Gen 4: Physical/Special Split
Gen 5: Dream World
Gen 6: New typing

I think only the new typing will be 'the next big change'

Yveltal being Dark / Flying is definitely a possibility, but I can't help but think that he's a dragon, too. He just gives off that vibe, imo. Maybe Dark / Dragon?

Xerneas, on the other hand, is most likely part Fairy. It just has that graceful appearance. Im thinking Steel / Fairy.

As soon as I saw Clauncher and realized that they finnally made a pistol shrimp Pokemon. X and Y became so much better in my eyes, I don't care if he has lower stats then Sunkern he will be in my team.

Actually it is hard to genarate Sylveon's stats judging by the videa.
Because we don't know the iv's,ev's, nature from both sides neither if they're still here.
We also don't know the base power of the moves.
But judging by the name Fairy Wind, could it ba an ominious/silver wind clone?
60 BP 10% boosting all stats?

Actually it is hard to genarate Sylveon's stats judging by the videa.
Because we don't know the iv's,ev's, nature from both sides neither if they're still here.
We also don't know the base power of the moves.
But judging by the name Fairy Wind, could it ba an ominious/silver wind clone?
60 BP 10% boosting all stats?
Or it could be an Icy Wind clone
Or it could be its own move unrelated to other moves with the word "Wind" in their names

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
So, with the seeming abundance of early game fire-types this time around, which is unlike any other pokemon game ever *cough* especially you Platinum *cough*, is anyone still considering picking Fennekin as their starter?

I mean, I wanted Froakie all along so it's a non-issue for me [cause Water/Fighting is such an amazing type], but with Shishiko and Fletchling available so early on I really don't see the appeal that the early game fire-starter normally brings. Or is that just me?

So, with the seeming abundance of early game fire-types this time around, which is unlike any other pokemon game ever *cough* especially you Platinum *cough*, is anyone still considering picking Fennekin as their starter?

I mean, I wanted Froakie all along so it's a non-issue for me [cause Water/Fighting is such an amazing type], but with Shishiko and Fletchling available so early on I really don't see the appeal that the early game fire-starter normally brings. Or is that just me?
I've wanted Fennekin from the start and I still want it. I understand what you said because I also like Talonflame and the lion but with 100+ new pokemon, you can pick them all, you need to choose 6. I'll pick Fennekin, I won't use the flamy bird and or that cute lion and take others instead like Flabébé, I like its concept :).

What types do you guys think will be associated with Fairy (in terms of effectiveness). We already know that it is super-effective against dragon, and that dark and flying do not resist it. It will probably resist dragon, as that is how most matchups go, but what else?

What types do you guys think will be associated with Fairy (in terms of effectiveness). We already know that it is super-effective against dragon, and that dark and flying do not resist it. It will probably resist dragon, as that is how most matchups go, but what else?
Leak said this:

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

well people still think of fennekin as cute/are type loyalists, right? though, with seeing the [awesome] new fire types of [shishiko] and fletchling, i'm betting at least a few have reconsidered.

for me froakie power all the way, but [shishiko] is who i'll be picking for my fire type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)