Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
...By the way, I really hope we have music like Village Bridge again (DIY Music). It was one of my favorite music...
I loved the DIY music. It really was interesting to be able to control that.

By the way, is it possible to figure out what the main instruments in this generation's homegames is going to be? Examples from other generations include the trumpets from Hoenn, the piano from Sinnoh, and the drums/synthesizers from Unova. I do hope the main instrument will be the accordion, which is what I think about every time I imagine French music!

Maybe because I started to like them after GSC gave us Crobat. I just thought they were annoying back in Mt. Moon, but all they need is some lovins to evolve into a pretty useful in-game monster. They never did a ton of harm anyway, so I think it's a goofy thing to genuinely dislike/fear when Zubats themselves have been type casted this whole time as cave dwellers (also they were available in the Castelia sewers). Have some sympathy, man!
It's not so much fear as it is utter disgust. Early game, they know Supersonic + various flinch moves and possibly Confuse Ray. They weren't nearly so bad in B2W2. Castelia encounter rate was 45%. But historically they've been one of the only species with encounter rates in multiple (large) areas around 70% (+/- 20% in some instances). In B2W2 I was more aggravated with Roggenrola and Boldore, but that doesn't take away anything from the special relationship I've built with Zubat over the past 15 years.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
I don't know, I found that pretty funny... It was obviously notsupposed to take seriously.

I would prefer they choose even crazier/stupider reasons to block your path, in fact...

...By the way, I really hope we have music like Village Bridge again (DIY Music). It was one of my favorite music...
Stupider reasons would be.. out of place.
By that I'm picturing something alone the lines of "Sorry, you can't proceed past here due to 7 run-away elephants just beyond this gate.. Try again later." It just wouldn't fit in with a more serious storyline.

The DIY music was really, really cool, especially with the Japanese lyrics. Hopefully there will be a few more places like this, cause the next region looks HUGE, so there will be plenty of opportunities.

Isn't it time we start to talk about dual types with half fairy? What would interesting combinations be if we beleive the current rumors?

Clearly you haven't been hearing my fervently chanted prayers for a retyped Missy. For others, Dragon/Fairy, Steel/Fairy (Mawile evo?), not to mention Ground/Fairy which beats most Fairy counters.

Isn't it time we start to talk about dual types with half fairy? What would interesting combinations be if we beleive the current rumors?
Not really, since we're heavily encouraged to only talk about confirmed information. But I'm sure that, in GF's mind, Ice/Fairy is the ultimate Dragon slayer (but by the looks of it, a Fighting/Fairy would have a lot of strengths to play with)

Here's a question. Is there any hope of cracking the X and Y RNG? I've heard the 3DS itself hasn't even been cracked yet. Won't this send us back to the stone age in terms of breeding/catching the best Pokemon?

Here's a question. Is there any hope of cracking the X and Y RNG? I've heard the 3DS itself hasn't even been cracked yet. Won't this send us back to the stone age in terms of breeding/catching the best Pokemon?

It probably won't be a for a little while. And by a little while, I mean forever.

Actually, somebody broke into one early this year to hack the region lock function, and another group figured out how to back up multiple games onto one cartridge. Somebody's bound to figure out the controller for RNG after X & Y's release.

Fairy Pokemon? Really? I get that they need some Pokemon to look cute for all the little kiddies out there but they are making too many stupid Pokemon like Vanilluxe. Did they really need an ice creme Pokemon? Besides whatever lame Pokemon they may come out with this new one everything else looks pretty sick. Especially the new camera angle and if there is character customization then that would be sick

Fairy Pokemon? Really? I get that they need some Pokemon to look cute for all the little kiddies out there but they are making too many stupid Pokemon like Vanilluxe. Did they really need an ice creme Pokemon? Besides whatever lame Pokemon they may come out with this new one everything else looks pretty sick. Especially the new camera angle and if there is character customization then that would be sick
Pokemon is aimed at little kids true, but Gamefreak realises that a lot of older players who grew up with the series are now competetive players. The current metagame is.... stagnant. As of right now there are only 52(I think?) pokemon currently in the OU tier, out of 649. Adding a new type will freshen things up and might, MIGHT allow some pokemon stuck in lower tiers a chance to shine. Also, i'm tired of people complaining about Vanillish and Trubbish. One's an ice cream cone, and the other's a trashbag. So what. As long as GF has real world animals and objects to draw from they will likely never run out of ideas.

1. Yes, Fairies. And they're not all sunshine and giggles, either. Most are pretty malicious bastards.

2. Vanilluxe and its relatives are conceptually sentient snow-capped icicles given life through the energy of the morning sun, according to Vanillite's White and BW2 Dex entries. They only look like ice cream cones. Not to mention they were created by James Turner, a Westerner.

3. Trainer customization is 100% a thing, and it's gonna be awesome.

Also Stellar for the love of all things X&Y, please update the OP with everything we know so far. It's been over a month now. It'd be tons of help for newer users, and it'd save those of us in the know a few minutes time responding to them.

I really want the Fairy Gym Leader to use all the cutesy mons, but the Leader himself is like super-masculine. So you meet this 8 foot tall muscle machine and he sends out... jigglypuff.

I'm pretty sure Fairy is easily the second-best defensive type to have after steel. Dragon immunity and rumored fighting resist alone is huge.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure Fairy is easily the second-best defensive type to have after steel. Dragon immunity and rumored fighting resist alone is huge.
Where is that Fighting resist rumor from? The one from Pokébeach says Fairy has no resistances (besides the immunity to Dragon) while it's SE against Dragon, Fighting and Dark. Defensively, Fairy seems to be a "band-aid" type. Need a Dragon counter? Slap a Fairy in your team and you're set.

Now, offensively, on the other hand...

EDIT--Lol it just occurred to me not only Hydreigon, but Scrafty is also screwed. Hah, I've learned to hate it nowadays anyway.

Where is that Fighting resist rumor from? The one from Pokébeach says Fairy has no resistances (besides the immunity to Dragon) while it's SE against Dragon, Fighting and Dark. Defensively, Fairy seems to be a "band-aid" type. Need a Dragon counter? Slap a Fairy in your team and you're set.

Now, offensively, on the other hand...

EDIT--Lol it just occurred to me not only Hydreigon, but Scrafty is also screwed. Hah, I've learned to hate it nowadays anyway.
Ah, I keep misinterpreting that. That's a bummer, I was king of hoping Fairy would have more than one resistance. In any case, it'll be nice to have a dragon resist with more offensive presence than Steel.

I'm new to this but, does anybody else think that XY will be kinda weird with over 700+ Pokemon and Ev and Iv displayers? Especially with a trashpile of NU Pokemon? What would shiny Sylveon <3 look like?

I'm new to this but, does anybody else think that XY will be kinda weird with over 700+ Pokemon and Ev and Iv displayers? Especially with a trashpile of NU Pokemon? What would shiny Sylveon <3 look like?
I'm thinking blue. Also, as I said before <del>even though everyone ignored me :P</del> I think that instead of straight up numbers it will probably be a rating system for IVs, and a progress bar for EVs.

edit: I suck at basic HTML that was supposed to be strikethrough lol

Ah, I keep misinterpreting that. That's a bummer, I was king of hoping Fairy would have more than one resistance. In any case, it'll be nice to have a dragon resist with more offensive presence than Steel.
We have to remember that Mage's roommate was playing a BETA. Spme information may have been changed or added

I loved the DIY music. It really was interesting to be able to control that.

By the way, is it possible to figure out what the main instruments in this generation's homegames is going to be? Examples from other generations include the trumpets from Hoenn, the piano from Sinnoh, and the drums/synthesizers from Unova. I do hope the main instrument will be the accordion, which is what I think about every time I imagine French music!
You mean like this?

how long will it take to implement sprites on the simulator? as well as the know all the moves? i wasnt around in bw or dpp so i dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)