Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Or…

They could simply make X & Y treat Hidden Power as an HM and disable the transfer automatically. Erasing Unown from existence as a side-effect (but who cares?).

Maybe they'll give us a more manageable replacement, maybe they'll give us a Natural Gift clone, or maybe they'll screw us over like they usually do.

Again, just speculating…

Or…

They could simply make X & Y treat Hidden Power as an HM and disable the transfer automatically. Erasing Unown from existence as a side-effect (but who cares?).

Maybe they'll give us a more manageable replacement, maybe they'll give us a Natural Gift clone, or maybe they'll screw us over like they usually do.

Again, just speculating…
I wonder how many months it would take for anyone to notice this?

I'm assuming that by Ferrothorn he meant Forretress. The two keep getting confused with each other nowadays. Ferrothorn is gen V.

Or…

Again, just speculating…
I feel like there's some die-hard fan of the Unown somewhere that would raise a fuss.

I dunno, when I picture a die-hard fan of Unown they don't seem like the kind of person who has much contact with the outside world. They probably keep their Unown in alphebetical order, with same type Unown being ranked by the number of prime factors in the total of their IVs.

To go back on topic, there's nothing stopping GameFreak from creating a new system of Hidden Power type assignment. They could divorce it from IVs, for one.

Or, and I'm just pulling ideas out of the tall grass, they could keep the current system for Hidden Power and make an item that your Pokémon can hold that would override your Pokémon's Hidden Power and make it into a Fairy-type attack. If Fairy winds up being a great coverage type, and the chance of being able to deal Fairy-type damage is what's gonna make or break some Pokémon while trying to remember that some people don't want to raise another Scizor with new IVs for the old preferred Hidden Power type because the calculations got mixed around, they might as well give everyone the chance to use a Fairy-type attack. availability of Fairy techniques should be considered, since I would imagine that they are trying to market it as heavily as possible.
That'd be a good solution for a company that's only mildly concerned with their competitive fans.
I'll take my money as a direct deposit, Game Freak.

In case we end up not being able to use our old mons, how badly that will affect some competitive sets? I can think of Blissey really missing Seismic Toss and Wish.

Who cares anymore about Gen II mechanics? Whatever happened, happened.
Who cares about HP/Arceus/Unown - Fairy... Whatever is going to happen will happen.

Here, have this. Fresh from the oven: LINK
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1s4BiuTSHD0[/youtube]

If they are going to change Hidden Power to a HM move, or make it untransferrable otherwise, I assume Unown as well as a Fairy Plate can be found in X/Y.

These are rather small additions to avoid loopholes, if you ask me.

breh

強いだね
Considering that gamefreak is probably lazy, I think they are not going to implement Hidden Power (fairy) and keep the IV system the same.
Although they are, in general, lazy fucks a lot of the time, I don't think incorporating HP Fairy is too hard for them. Either way, it's not a nice formula (17 types is just as shitty as 18 types if not moreso) and it can be rewritten without sacrificing much.

At the very least, I hope it's not one of hte speed drop hidden powers.

They could always just reserve a field for hidden power in the genVI pokemon data structure. Oldies get their old hidden power written to that field upon transfer, for Pokémon caught in the new games the field gets set according to some new formula based on the ivs.

There's a myriad of ways they could go about this, they'll figure something out.

You know, abilities for Gen V Pokemon are determined differently than for Gen III/IV Pokemon. In Gens III and IV, the Pokemon's whole PID is converted to binary and the last digit (0 or 1) determined the ability. However, for Gen V Pokemon the game converts the PID into hex, then takes the fourth character and converts that to binary. The last digit for this binary number (again, 0 or 1) determines the ability.

Since Gen V used the old way of ability determination for Poke Transferred Pokemon, who's to say that Gen VI can't similarly introduce a new Hidden Power formula that incorporates Fairy while still using the old formula for older-gen Pokemon? Sure, it would make HP Fairy illegal with certain movesets, but I think it's better than to have older-gen Pokemon with Hidden Power suddenly have it changed...

I hope we start it fresh. No stealth rock on everyone and their mother. GF should limit its availability to select few pokemon.

I hope we start it fresh. No stealth rock on everyone and their mother. GF should limit its availability to select few pokemon.
No Stealth Rock on "everyone and their mother" will just make people use those select pokémon that do have it.

But that shouldn't be further discussed in this thread.

[youtube]1s4BiuTSHD0[/youtube]
Oh lord...Mewtwo's new forme definitely makes it SUPER FAST!
I suppose it is going to learn Extremespeed...and this MAY NOT be the same Mewtwo we all know from First Movie and Mewtwo Returns...

Now for X/Y...if this Forme truly DOES GIVE more speed...Mewtwo may now be on-par with Deoxys-S or even faster...but who knows...it will probably get Extremespeed as either a level-up move or as an event move.

I suppose it is going to learn Extremespeed...and this MAY NOT be the same Mewtwo we all know from First Movie and Mewtwo Returns...

Now for X/Y...if this Forme truly DOES GIVE more speed...Mewtwo may now be on-par with Deoxys-S or even faster...but who knows...it will probably get Extremespeed as either a level-up move or as an event move.
I wonder if it changes form with a new technique, or it only switches in-between its regular form and this new one the same way that Kyurem alternated forms in his movie and it's only for show, and you need an item or a certain location to change Mewtwos form in-game.

Also, for anyone wondering, that commercial was advertising the Mewtwo short co-starring Virgil and all of his eeveelutions set to air a couple of days before the Genesect movie release. I like how, because of this, Ash isn't the first person to witness the event of Mewtwo changing forms. Ash ain't that special anymo' :P

The new trailers of mewtwo are really disappointing for me, I liked the cold hearted mastermind mewtwo that brought all the trainers around the world to clone their pokemon for his army. This mewtwo talks too much and sounds weird getting in peoples business.

Also I don't understand what the big problem is with the IV's incorporating fairy type, have they said that you can transfer old pokemon? Otherwise what's stopping them from remaking the IV system.

In the discussion for retyping Hidden Power; I found out that if they just change 15 in the formula to 16 as the type determinator and the multiplier, that means each type except number 15 and 16 will have four IV combinations for a specific Base Power(as oppossed to three types having five combinations and one having one.), while number 15 has 3 and number 16 has one. Since Base Power is determined separately, that's not important to be changed to include Fairy-type. That means a lot of IV combinations will retconned though, obviously(unless they go with reaverz's proposed method for transferred Pokémon, in which case it would be only retconned for the Pokémon you obtain in Gen VI games).

Also I don't understand what the big problem is with the IV's incorporating fairy type, have they said that you can transfer old pokemon? Otherwise what's stopping them from remaking the IV system.
They said they were working on it on the E3 roundtable, here's the source.

Well, considering that the Japanese text translates to "ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens", I think this could be a possibility.

In the discussion for retyping Hidden Power; I found out that if they just change 15 in the formula to 16 as the type determinator and the multiplier, that means each type except number 15 and 16 will have four IV combinations for a specific Base Power(as oppossed to three types having five combinations and one having one.), while number 15 has 3 and number 16 has one. Since Base Power is determined separately, that's not important to be changed to include Fairy-type. That means a lot of IV combinations will retconned though, obviously(unless they go with reaverz's proposed method for transferred Pokémon, in which case it would be only retconned for the Pokémon you obtain in Gen VI games).

They said they were working on it on the E3 roundtable, here's the source.
Speaking of which, a few things caught my eye.

You can battle very quickly or alter battle conditions. (More options for Link battles? Maybe they'll allow you to change the batlle area because that cyberspace looking place just looks ugh)

Rematch battles are very easy to do after one battle is completed. (Vs Seeker?)

You can move the camera around in battle, showing both Pokemon in split screen mode. (Like, actively?)

So Honedge, the first ever Ghost / Steel type is revealed. I'm 80% sure though that its gonna get mediocre stats. It looks like it gets Levitate too, so that's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)