Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 75 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: North
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/: Blizz' (PO) / brizz (PS!)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1. I'm available pretty much all the time, so I think I'll be able to modify my hours of availability according to my tutor's preferences.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing this game for looong time, but I've never been that good, so I'd like to improve with the help of a good player. Also, I've never been posting on this forum much, so I think that joining this project would be a good chance to integrate :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure

Delko has agreed to tutor me

Username: Rayleigh
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rayleigh8
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (currenty DST). I am avaiable until 3am (in my timezone) and usually wake up at 11/12am (also in my timezone).
I am on hollidays so I can be the entire day in the computer if needed. (11am-3am)
What tier do you want to learn?: All BW (preference in BW UU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a portuguese player that started playing in the last DPPt months. I played BW since it started but I also was away from Pokémon for an entire half year many times. I want to finish this generation being able to play well in all the tiers and specially in UU so I can preparate my beginning in X/Y with good basis. I am signing in the program to improve my playstyle.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

PS: I only have 5 posts but I already made a RMT and I signed in smogon to learn with the experts. My hope is to become better at Pokémon with your help and be able to comment your posts with knowledge on the subject aswell as participating in your tournaments. I don't know if there's a rule about novices not being able to participate in Battle 101 but I saw some guys trying to tell that they want to be in Battle 101 despite not having the required activity and I edited the post to tell the same. I want to participate in smogon but also have a basis to start.

Username:detroitwillfall
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:detroitwillfall
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:eastern standard time/9pm+
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 - ou tier
Tell us a little about yourself:iam currently unemployed and have loved pokemon since i was in 7th grade, i enjoy chess, and brazilian jiu jitsu outside of competitive battling.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: of course i will, i have already been talking with one tutor who has been more then helpful to me.

WHY I THINK I SHOULD BE TUTORED? because i have the willingness to learn, take constructive criticism and most importantly iam respectful and just genuinely enjoy playing in a competitve/friendly atmosphere.

Plus has agreed to tutor me :)

Username: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ace attorney2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) Depends on the day but mostly after 4-5pm, but yeah, no precise time really. Im more active during the weekend.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I stopped pokemon for a bit but I recently came back and decided to get better at it! Other then that, I play some competitive games like street fighter/super smash bros melee, I like to breakdance, read, do sports, etc.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah sure

Dice agreed to tutor me ~!

Username: Zuaki
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: zukai on PO
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt+1, summer so lot's of free time, although i do have a vacation which might collide with the end of the round
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: tutored before but i've never really got DPP as much as ADV or BW. like sports tennis and cycling the most, (go contador)! and music, any music at all really
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? yeah

Username: Quickbobhero
Pokemon Online/Showdown Username: Quick
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 4 AM-11:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Seeing as how I’m going to get pretty busy once summer ends late August, I thought it’d be a good time for me to become good at this game so I can afford the time to continue playing Pokemon, a game I really love, whenever I have the free time to do so. If you want to know my playstyle, it’s bulky offense. I love Infernape and Lati@s, if that matters.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: kingmitus
Pokemon showdown Username: Kingmidas
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 There is really no exact time period where I am on, I am pretty active at 5 hours every day since it is Summer I am really active on the weekends, but during the weekdays I am only available from 1:30pm to 7:00 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing for over a year, I am good, but feel like I need some more experiance to compete with the other top players, and I do tend to make some dumb mistakes. I am active on the forums but I tend to always be overshadowed by the other players.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.

Prem has agreed to tutor me

Username: Deoxymoron
Pokemon Showdown Username: Deoxymoron
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Time. My schedule is fairly flexible, as long as it's after noon on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 Ubers.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been into Pokemon for as long as I can remember. I got interested in Smogon and all that a few months ago. I'm incredibly nerdy and will probably get all of your references. I'm a pretty nice guy, I like to talk to people.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors? Totally.
Why do I think I should be tutored? I like to learn, I catch on fast, and it'll be fun!

Username:TerraVoltage
Pokemon Showdown username: Voltage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:12pm-12am CST(Pretty much anytime for a while longer in summer) 4pm- 10pm (Weekdays in school) 12am-12pm (on weekends) Incase it goes that far.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 UU or BW2 Ubers/ DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Pretty new battler with a pretty good understanding of pokemon. The problem is I'm still a horrible teambuilder and I tend fall short against some of my really skilled friends. Other then that I'm a junior in high school who has been playing for almost a year now. I'm always ready to learn and i love to have fun!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, I'll do whatever is needed!

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Sapientia
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Sapientia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, right now holydays so any time is fine for me
Tell us a little about yourself: I played in the ADV and DPP era and suck in BW, so I need to learn it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Username: Feranfell / Kenny (on irc)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kenny
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 12pm - 12am EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: i'm a dude who likes music and pokemon, long time smogon lurker. B)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Molk has agreed to tutor me. =)

Username: Laurel / Pkftmfw
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pkftmfw
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (EST) Usually available 11 AM - 11 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU. I have been trying to learn for a while, because I want to know all the tour tiers, but not many people have free time or are willing to teach. I also am beyond terrible at it... :(
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Laurel, I've played pokemon since 2007. I live in US East, my mother is Belgian, my father is Russian etc etc. I like to play tennis, and I like watching sports. My favorite teams are any teams from New England, and the Houston Astros... because I never have high expectations with them.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Okay, sure.

Username: Costagero
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Crobalance (Showdown).
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 16:00 to 23:00 @ GMT -3 except weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: Mostly BW OU, but I would like to learn everything possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Brazilian; I'm majoring in Electronic Engineering; I'm in love with music and recording, and I always try to be nice ( :
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Looking forward to it!

I think I should be tutored because I think of myself as a good listener and learner. It's easy to meet me online, don't worry about it.

Thank you!

Username: hyperbeem
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: hyperbeem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: cst evening
What tier do you want to learn?: bw2 lc
Tell us a little about yourself: i suck at lc
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: y

Username: Thursday
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: cockboy, pokemon leg jane, bakedlava
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -5, 4:30 pm - 4:30 am (just tell me if you want to meet earlier - i never do anything with my life)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Thursday, an eighteen-year-old heading to college in late September. I've played competitively for about six years, but I don't know if I've ever been "good" -- granted, I'm prone to making stupid mistakes in battle, but I think I'm a fairly competent player at my best. Nonetheless, I'd really like to improve my teambuilding skills and prediction. In my spare time, I play guitar (poorly), play basketball, and try to learn more about French (I can communicate at an intermediate level in the language). I try to read a lot, too, though school interfered quite a bit with that -- I think the last think I finished was No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai. I'd like to think of myself as a friendly person and I don't lead a busy life, so talk to me and let me know when you want to hold a session! In all likelihood, I'll be able to make it. :^)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure!

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Audiosurfer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Audiosurfer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, available from 4pm my time onwards
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for about a year now, and I wanted to be able to play in some of the DPP tournaments that I've seen, so I figured it'd be a good time to learn about the metagame, especially since it seems cool. Other things about myself are that I play NU, PU, and am one of the leaders of the Doubles project, I like music (for specifics check my sig) TV shows, reading books, acting, and hanging out with my friends (Also, if you need any other reason to tutor me, it's my birthday today :) )
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely

Also my tutor was never able to find time to tutor me last round so I never had a session

Username: Nykro
Pokemon Showdown Username: Nikro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 10am-11pm weekdays 7am - 5pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W(2) ou and ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is John I have been playing Pokemon since I was little. My intersts include music, Pokemon, frisbee, and quiet time alone under this one tree. I got into competitive battling 3 years ago and while I am good enough to obliterate my friends in real life I fare semi decently aginst other true compeditive players.I do have a job at a hamburger joint.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes
Lacking 25 posts: I came in as the generation seems to have ended. At the start of the next gen I will have a helpful contribution if it kills me

Princess Bri has said she would tutor me
Thanks

Username: Santuga
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Groodnet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT, no restrictions for now
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for a long time and I tend to focus on lower tiers. This time I'd like to try out a tier that I like playing and I'm looking forward for a good tutor to help me improve my skills
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: why not?

Username: Blueman900
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Both PO and PS are "Blueman900
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: timezone- US EST/ available 10am-7:30pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW(2) OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I was 5 or 6, and I have been loyal to the series ever since then. I am always determined to win, which will come in handy. I am pretty quiet and nerdy outside my computer also. :)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course! anything to help!

Less than 25: I have always tried to get into competitive battling, but I always fall short because my Pokemon's synergy was off, probably because I don't know enough about movesets and how certain items may help. Also, my post count is not less than 25 because I am inactive, but because I try to read through other threads, like rate my team, to get a better understanding of competitive battling before I start suggesting sets that generally are useless (some work though!)

Username: Fabulous but lazy
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Fabulous
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -5. 9pm-12pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 24 year old accounting student. I like videogames and anime :p
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yes

Jirachi agreed to tutor me.

Thanks man

Username:Hichez
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Hichez( P.O. & Showdown)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-4(EST) @ Monday-Thursday:7pm+; Friday-Sunday(all day)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/ BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm current a university student majoring in Marketing and Economics. In addition to my casual Pokemon competitiveness(hopefully this will change), I also play Super Smash Brothers competitively. I have self-taught myself competitive Pokemon techniques for awhile, and I have become o.k. I really want to have a sense what it takes to be successful in this community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I will be willing to participate.

Username: Modestgarchomp
Ps and Po Usernames: Modestg and Madmen.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I am available after 6pm during the week and all day during the weekend. (gmt -4)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP Ou
Tell us a little about yourself: Began playing at the end of Bw and after watching multiply Dpp games, an interest to learn this gen developed. Mad Men is the Greatest Show.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: Schoom
Pokemon Showdown Username: Schoom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific time. anytime I am available really. Willing to adjust times with tutor.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Brian, I have been playing pokemon since I was young and never got into competitive battling until this last year. I really new to the competitive field but I am really excite to learn more.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure
Why I should be tutored if I have fewer than 25 posts: I'm new to the smogon community and want to learn as much as I can. I enjoy playing pokemon and want to be more involved in the smogon community.

Username: Jets
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Jets
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: east -5, its summer so yah
What tier do you want to learn?: dpp ou | adv ou
Tell us a little about yourself: i play volleyball
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)