5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wrong. Because you can't see them on the route doesn't mean they won't affect the PIDRNG.
On the contrary, Eyedol is correct. Both of us have experienced no PIDRNG advancements in the area of Azelf, despite NPCs being on the route. We both have RNG'd Azelf after all...

Reactions: PoJ

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On the contrary, Eyedol is correct. Both of us have experienced no PIDRNG advancements in the area of Azelf, despite NPCs being on the route. We both have RNG'd Azelf after all...
The way Eyedol worded his/her statement suggested that there were Wandering NPCs on the route. Even if you can't see them, they would affect PID advancements.

Regardless, I haven't captured Azelf myself, so I can't say yes or no to wandering NPCs.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
The way Eyedol worded his/her statement suggested that there were Wandering NPCs on the route. Even if you can't see them, they would affect PID advancements.

Regardless, I haven't captured Azelf myself, so I can't say yes or no to wandering NPCs.
It wasn't my intention to cause any confusion with my original statement. I didn't mean to imply that off-screen NPCs won't advance the PIDRNG, just that the ones located around Azelf are at a far enough distance to where they don't. I nor anyone else I know had any issues with PIDRNG advancements while RNGing Azelf, so I was just giving advice based on my personal experience. Again, I apologize for any confusion. ^_^

I'm confused on how to read the slots for Hidden Grotto encounter tables. I figured Ditto out but I can't figure out Woobat's slot and subslot.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
I'm confused on how to read the slots for Hidden Grotto encounter tables. I figured Ditto out but I can't figure out Woobat's slot and subslot.
Woobat is in slot 1 and all subslots. Slots are listed vertically, with 0 at the top. Subslots are listed horizontally, with 0 at the left.

Where is the NPC in the Dreamyard? I've hit my seed 3 different times landing two frames over my target and once two frames away.

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out.

New RNG user, and was hoping to get some help/a few questions answered. Going to try to give the best/correct details as possible, but sorry if I confuse some things.

Using RNG Reporter 9.96.5
Trying to Capture Latias in the Dreamyard.
Using a 3DS
MAC Address: E00C7F42D720

I've been able to successfully IV RNG the Latias, which I verified through a IV calculator. But I was hoping to take it another step and try to get a shiny Latias as well. To do this, I used the Time Finder and turned the "Search for Nearby Shiny Frames" on. After expanding the search criteria, I was able to find a few seeds that had nearby shiny frames and the stats I wanted.

Target Seed: 13B4D69648186749
Seed Delay: 8 seconds (usual 3DS time delay I believe)

After entering the seed into the main reporter page, I got my starting frame and generated the list. My starting frame was 48, with the shiny target frame set to 55. I then synced the clocks, and loaded up the game. I had saved one step away from where Latias engaged, so when the game had loaded I immediately paused and used Chatots to increment the frame by 7. Took the step forward and caught Latias, but it wasn't shiny or the correct stats.

I attempted to follow the Chatot pitch pattern, but I can't find a reference point to tell if I'm on the right track. I've attempted this ~10 times now, but have been unsuccessful each time.

So a few questions:
  1. Do I need the ID/SID values to get shinies? I haven't been entering them so far...
  2. Is there an easier way to get a frame reference? The main reporter page lists the Nature and Pitch values, but doesn't list the IVs which I thought was a good way to check.
  3. Is there anything wrong with my process? I assumed I was using the "Nearby Shiny Frames" option correctly, but could be totally off.
Would appreciate any advice/tips. Thanks!

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You need your id/sid to get shinies. If the pokemon doesn't have the ivs you want you didn't hit your seed. There's an npc in the area, be careful.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to try to figure out the id/sid now. Once I do have those values and add them to the calculations, should the process I've been trying work?

And one more question about hitting my seed:
If I enter the target seed from the time finder and move on to the main reporter page, should every entry listed (from frame 48 onwards in the above example) have the same IVs? I'm just wondering how I can be sure I hit my seed without knowing what the IVs are for every frame.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Yes, it should work. But remember you need a syncronizer. And yes, the ivs will be the same unless you advance the iv frames which are advanced in a different way.

Thanks for the advice so far. I've found my id/sid, and have a synchronizer ready but I'm having trouble hitting my seed now. I was able to hit it 2-3 times earlier that day, but that was without key presses or the nearby shiny frames. Whenever I don't hit my seed, I will look up the nearby seeds through the right click option but none match.

Should either option make a difference in how I hit my seed? I know I was calibrating my parameters without any key presses, but I don't think that should be an issue. Any insight to why hitting my seed is more difficult now, or am I just having bad luck? If it helps to get the exact seeds and IVs I receive, I can post those later today when I try again.

If you're using bw2, you'll have a range of timer0s that you can hit. You can keep trying to hit that seed, or you can find a new one.

i have a question regarding the elegibility of the pokemon i have rnged. i have rnged a team and i also have gotten my hands on a r4 card which has hacks. i was wondering if i traded all my rnged pokemon on to the r4 card and used rare candies (which where obtained through a hack) to level up my rnged pokemon then would that make then hacked pokemon? would nitendo be able to detect this act of leveling up my pokemon through an r4 hack and not let me participate in vgc's? i dont know if i should ask this here or in another thread but asked here because it involves rnged pokemon.

Is it just me or is this link not working? Every time I click on it I get a "could not find the requested document in the cache" message. Does anyone know of a possible solution?

Still trying to hit my seed when catching Latias. Since the only way to engage Latias is to take a step forward, does this count as frame 1, or is that a frame advancement and I should be searching for 2? I could have sworn I hit my seed yesterday when using 1, but I've had so many unsuccessful encounters I'm starting to doubt my memory..

You're supposed to be 1 frame away from the target. The step forward to battle her counts as 1 frame advancement (the actual encounter, not the one step). I just RNGd her shiny yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)