Glitchmons (formerly known as Streetmons) - PS now has team preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing a bit and Prankster Sableye is highly effective in this tier with priority Taunt, a strong Foul Play on a physically offensive metagame, and the ability to burn up Lum Berries with status.

Moody Smeargle with Baton Pass is also a highly effective weapon.

After much deliberation I suggest:

Running Pursuit on Ursaring because it's fun
Running Imprison on some sets because it's fun
Running Leafeon because it's fun

cba to post much about my reasoning at the moment, I will give details later.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah there are a ton of pokemon that have proven to be reasonably effective that aren't mentioned in the OP.

I've discovered that Rayquaza is really quite good, its merits being defensive, strangely enough. Air Lock gives it the ability to deal with stuff like Tangrowth, Omastar, Groudon, and some Kyogre. Immunity to bonemerang and resistance to v-create is also really helpful. Generally I like to attack on the special side with rayquaza. Aeroblast gives it the ability to OHKO Machoke and hit everything reasonably hard, draco meteor will rip through most non-steels, and coverage moves like Grass Knot, Fire Blast, Aura Sphere etc are very helpful. I don't much recommend setting up, but if you do it should probably be with Quiver Dance, as you should be able to win a QD war against Kyogre.

Regirock seems like an idea to me. It resists both ExtremeSpeed and V-create, and has access to the glitch. Running Recover on top of that huge defense would make it a very useful stop to Ursaring and several other threats (i.e. Slaking, Aerodactyl, etc.) I'll test it and see what I find.

Been playing and IMO Kyogre is the best pokemon in this meta.

I stole the idea to use CS Kyogre with QD Kyogre on the same team from jcs, and since then I've found the combination of the two nearly unstoppable unless you are using some weird tech like Ludicolo(which interestingly has access to the glitch and Swift Swim, might be worth testing)

I've also been testing a lot of different crap just to see how it'd work in this tier.

Darkrai is confirmed for being absolutely useless and if this tier had tiers, would be RU or NU at best...however the one mon that intrigued me was Arceus. Without the glitch, ExtremeKiller Arceus seemed mostly outclassed, and defensively, only Rock seemed useful. Offensively, you could try Fire or Water but they are mostly outclassed by things that can abuse Water Spout and things that can abuse V-Create.

Max Speed Jolly SD Arceus-Ghost is an entirely different story, as it is immune to all common priority excluding the rarer Shadow Sneak and hits extremely hard with Shadow Force. You need to be careful allowing Ursaring a free switch in but Ursaring is really the only common normal in the tier, and Shadow Sneak only does a marginal 33-38 percent after Guts to Arceus-Ghost with no investment. In fact, it needs V-Create in the Sun to OHKO it, but since it is so badly outsped, it will be OHKO'd by +2 Brick Break, which makes Arceus-Ghost a pretty reliable answer to Ursaring. It outspeeds and KO's the majority of the rest of the tier at +2, including things like Scarf Machoke...with good coverage, needs to watch out for Spore though while setting up.

This is another shedinja set that is slightly different than the one mentioned above and I've been using this one in the battle tower (I obviously ran the mind reader explosion set). Unlike the above one, this set focuses on getting one OHKO/THKO no matter what.

Shedinja @ focus sash/focus band
wonder guard
Jolly/Naive/Hasty
252 speed evs 252 attack evs
-endeavor
-extreme speed
-mind reader/shadow sneak
-explosion/dragon tail

Focus band is NOT recommended, but it is usable. No one will be expecting a focus band, and if it works more than once, you can get several kills, but it is very unreliable.
If you know you can take out the ghost, mind reader and explosion. If you can't, then mind reader and endeavor to set the ghost at one HP. Otherwise just endeavor and extremespeed. You can also run dragon tail and shadow sneak. Dragon tail in case the pokemon you're facing is a ghost. if the pokemon that gets dragged out is also ghost, shadow sneak. Shadow sneak gets most deoxys and probably chandelure.

Cofagrigus might not get the glitch, but he can do a decent job of dealing with Ursaring.

Cofagrigus@Leftovers
Bold/Relaxed
252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Def
Shadow Ball
Rest
Sleep Talk
Nasty Plot/Psychic/Block

Normal immunity is good, meaning that Ursaring will need V-create or Shadow Sneak to even do damage. However, thanks to Mummy, doing so will cause it to lose Guts until it switches out. You can switch in on a Fake Out or ExtremeSpeed and proceed with Block to trap them. I don't know how much damage Shadow Sneak does to Cofagrigus, but if I remember correctly, a Scarf Chandelure with minimal HP investment takes 50% from a Shadow Sneak. So chances are, Cofagrigus can tank them pretty well. Rest Talk is used so that Spore doesn't shut you down completely, and you have a semi-reliable way to heal.

in response to that cofagrigus set, I have found that dusclops is really powerful in this metagame. By running counter/magic coat/spore/substitute with full defense evs and eviolite, it makes what is probably one of the only viable counters to ursaring. It gets 2hko/3hkod by a sun boosted v-create from ursaring, and can reply with a counter. If you predict a switch, you can set up substitute to protect yourself from spore, or use magic coat for that anyway.

Honchkrow@Focus Sash
Insomnia
Naive/Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spd
Extremespeed
Fusion Bolt
Icicle Spear?
Heart Swap

Those are some nice stat boosts you've got there.
Be a shame if something... happened to them.

It's really hard to stop Honchkrow from landing Heart Swap. He can't be spored, sub doesn't block it, and thanks to Focus Sash nothing short of a multi-hit move will take him down. If he gets even one shell smash boost, he can start shredding things with extremespeed and some pair of attacks for coverage. I'm not decided on what two are best though.
Problems: multi-hit moves, ghosts with priority, anything beefy enough to take a +2 extremespeed (or, if your opponent doesn't know what's up and you let him set up 3 smashes, a +6 extremespeed lolo).

Jumpluff@Leftovers/Lum Berry/Focus Sash
Chlorophyll
Timid/Jolly
252 speed, 252 defense (will play around with the numbers later)

There are two sets I've been running with the same basic idea.
The first:
Substitute
Whirlwind
Spore
Copycat
Get in on something you can spore, set up a sub, whirlwind, and start copycatting. This outspeeds everything in the sun and is basically impossible to deal with if you don't have priority, but guess what most teams have in some form. Sub serves two purposes: if you have a sub up, you can even sleep things with an intact lum berry; second, it's insurance against lucky early wakeups. Can be stopped by scarfed Kyogre, anything with ANY sort of priority, or by switching in Kyogre and then something that beats base 110 speed. This set should probably run Lum or Leftovers.

The other set doesn't roll as hard, but is a lot easier to switch in and get going. It is:
Sleep Talk
Copycat
Mirror Move
Whirlwind

The idea behind the set is to switch in on a sleep move, then start sleep-phazing their team. The biggest danger is you don't know when you're going to wake up, so having something on your team that you can switch to is a very good idea. Sleep Talk can't select copycat or mirror move, and Copycat lets you sweep if you get off a whirlwind and they're out of priority. Mirror Move is just on there because none of the remaining options for non-sleep-talky moves are much use either. This set should always run Sash. Of the two I prefer this one; it's more consistent and gives you a solid spore-target.

To use either of these effectively, you need some answer to Ursaring and other priority; something that can handle Ursaring is also recommended. Suggested options are Ursaring, Ursaring, Ursaring, or Ursaring.
Obviously you also need someone to set up rocks and maybe even spikes. Groudon is a clear pick. Skarmory's good too.

what happened to glitchmons? I don't post that often on Smogon, so this may be the wrong place, but could i get an explanation as to why the ladder went down?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Simply put, hardly anyone played Glitchmons on the ladder, so it got taken down because the "Format:" list was getting a bit crowded. Do note that you can still challenge other users who are interested in Glitchmons with the challenge function though!

One thing I'd like to ask about Glitchmons.

According to Serebii, it's not normally possible for a Chandelure to have Acid and Acid Armor on the same set (I know these are bad moves but just go with it). However, you could use the Mimic Glitch to get a parent who has both to breed the moves, right? So does this mean that egg moves are never incompatible with other egg moves in Glitchmons for all pokemon, even those who don't get the glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)