Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

About the most fun Jumpman and I ever had discussing the NBA was when Durant was tweeting about working hard and enjoying working hard, and Thabeet was tweeting about taking awesome naps and taking it easy during the summer a few years ago. You are right though, Thunder have not hit any big hits on free agency, and with their regular season success down a James Harden this year, you would have to think people start giving them that level of respect the Heat got & that they start hitting on free agency and looking that much more solid as a team...if a rich baller cannot go to the Miami to try to win a ring, then he should probably go to Oklahoma City instead.

I think people have really overrated Doc Rivers, he probably learned from getting to coach such great players, but he was pretty bad before that!!

I am a huge Josh Smith fan, think the hate he gets is totally overboard. I was madder Mavs missed him than Howard, since I was pretty sure Howard was picking Houston from the getgo.

I am a huge Josh Smith fan, think the hate he gets is totally overboard. I was madder Mavs missed him than Howard, since I was pretty sure Howard was picking Houston from the getgo.

I really hope Rondo gets traded to the Pistons to play with him. That team would be great with Rondo. It would be a shame to waste Rondo's prime in what looks to be at least five years of mediocrity in Boston anyway.

I don't see Carmelo & Lebron coming to LA without Kobe taking a Dirk-like or KG-esque paycut... Which is probably going to be complicated to convince Kobe to take. I love Kobe and all but I'd rather have my team competing, so if it's a choice between arguably the greatest Laker of all time and Lebron/Carmelo... I'm taking the latter at this point in their careers. Lebron is a reach but Carmelo is not as much as one since the NY front office seems to be doing everything possible to mismanage that team.

About the most fun Jumpman and I ever had discussing the NBA was when Durant was tweeting about working hard and enjoying working hard, and Thabeet was tweeting about taking awesome naps and taking it easy during the summer a few years ago. You are right though, Thunder have not hit any big hits on free agency, and with their regular season success down a James Harden this year, you would have to think people start giving them that level of respect the Heat got & that they start hitting on free agency and looking that much more solid as a team...if a rich baller cannot go to the Miami to try to win a ring, then he should probably go to Oklahoma City instead.
You might be right tho, losing Martin really stings. As of this moment, Thunder FO is working hard to get Mike Miller, but I think that's about it this year. Also, at some point, I could see the Thunder go for big names like Kevin Love which somehow makes sense due to FO's willingness to show patience in terms of winning it all by letting Harden go (they don't think they'll win the trophy with Harden; he'll just clog their cap space leaving no room for a big guy and 3 elite perimeter players is an overkill honestly).

And no matter how you perceive Doc Rivers, he's still a huge upgrade over Vinny.

It's hard to look at the Lakers as the glass half full when we have Jimmy Buss running the organization into the ground. I feel like he's taking the Cuban approach and betting way too much on FA next year. Sure it's LA, but you have to HAVE talent to attract it. Kobe isn't bringing in other guys at this point. I really wish we could just tank for the draft this year and then lure in a premier FA next summer with the promise of immediate young talent to play with.

Idk if this is too early or whatever but can you guys see Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker going 1 and 2 in the 2014 NBA Draft respectively? Or even yet, becoming the next Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird kind of rivalry? I'm quickly becoming a fan of Wiggins. His talent is tremendous and his hype is the biggest I've seen since LeBron. Also this guy has mad hops. The vertical thing they use to measure verticals couldn't get his because he jumps to high. This happened to Gerald Green from the Pacers iirc and he has like a 44+ vertical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)