Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone who has obtained all 3 Battle Subway Trophies in BW share with me their Game Sync ID so I can use it for the BW2 Memory Link? If you have both Pokedex diplomas as well (via AR or not) that would be nice too, but I mainly care about the 3 trophies. I just kinda want the other "hero's" room to have them for aesthetic purposes. ^^

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm wondering if anyone has managed to complete Pokéstar studios with a shiny 'mon?

When you send them into battle, does the shiny animation happen still, or just the movie star animation, or both?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Is it possible to access the GTS on a 3DS in BW2?
It should work yes. Basically the 3DS goes into "DS" mode if you like when you are running a DS game. There should not be any issues with using any of the functions in the game on a 3DS.

It should work yes. Basically the 3DS goes into "DS" mode if you like when you are running a DS game. There should not be any issues with using any of the functions in the game on a 3DS.
Must be my Internet connection then, DSi worked fine, 3DS didn't and still won't, but can access 3DS online features like the eShop etc

Must be my Internet connection then, DSi worked fine, 3DS didn't and still won't, but can access 3DS online features like the eShop etc
It's most likely that the game has regidtered itself to the DSi. Does it mention anything about that when you enter WiFi?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe go to the wifi connection settings menu after the title screen and reset the settings. You can do a test connection from there to see if the game is actually connecting to the Internet as well.

Aside from that, whenever I play my game on my sisters DS because my battery is flat or whatever, when I try to connect to Nintendo WFC it says I need to reset my settings, which results in losing any friends you have registered in the pal pad or whatever. Talking to the ladies in the Pokemon centre usually triggers this

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In the 3DS's Internet settings there are two options: Connection Settings and Nintendo DS Connections. have you tried editing both of these? I'm assuming the latter is what you need to edit in order to connect while playing a DS game like BW2.

Hey guys,

I'm having a fun playthrough of Red and I've planned my team in advance, but I know that the Body Slam TM is quite valuable so I was wondering which of my party I should teach it to?
My planned team will end up as Charizard, Lapras, Nidoking, Dodrio, Jolteon and Kadabra.
Thanks! :)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey guys,

I'm having a fun playthrough of Red and I've planned my team in advance, but I know that the Body Slam TM is quite valuable so I was wondering which of my party I should teach it to?
My planned team will end up as Charizard, Lapras, Nidoking, Dodrio, Jolteon and Kadabra.
Thanks! :)
Charizard only needs Slash/Dig/Flamethrower to perform well.
Nidoking has enough other options that it can function without Body Slam.
Dodrio can use the Tri Attack TM from the Dept. Store roof since you aren't going to need the Ice Beam TM.
Jolteon and Kadabra have pitiful Attack stats, so I wouldn't bother teaching Body Slam to either of them.
Lapras learns Body Slam by level up, so the TM isn't needed.

None of these Pokémon necessarily need Body Slam, but I would probably stick it on Nidoking since it will make the most of it, especially considering it will be one of the few Pokémon you actually have on your team when you find the TM.

The RBY In-Game Tier List thread might provide additional insight if you require it. :] Good luck with your playthrough!

Charizard only needs Slash/Dig/Flamethrower to perform well.
Nidoking has enough other options that it can function without Body Slam.
Dodrio can use the Tri Attack TM from the Dept. Store roof since you aren't going to need the Ice Beam TM.
Jolteon and Kadabra have pitiful Attack stats, so I wouldn't bother teaching Body Slam to either of them.
Lapras learns Body Slam by level up, so the TM isn't needed.

None of these Pokémon necessarily need Body Slam, but I would probably stick it on Nidoking since it will make the most of it, especially considering it will be one of the few Pokémon you actually have on your team when you find the TM.

The RBY In-Game Tier List thread might provide additional insight if you require it. :] Good luck with your playthrough!
Ah...would you say it'd be worth replacing Thrash? Or is it not worth it?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Ah...would you say it'd be worth replacing Thrash? Or is it not worth it?
Using Body Slam will allow you to evolve Nidorino earlier since you will not be forced to wait for Thrash. Keep in mind that Thrash has 90 BP in Gen 1 (Body Slam has 85) and will prevent you from switching out. I think being able to switch moves and the paralysis chance are enough to make me side with Body Slam.

Using Body Slam will allow you to evolve Nidorino earlier since you will not be forced to wait for Thrash. Keep in mind that Thrash has 90 BP in Gen 1 (Body Slam has 85) and will prevent you from switching out. I think being able to switch moves and the paralysis chance are enough to make me side with Body Slam.
Just replaced Thrash now :)
Thanks for the advice! :D

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Using Body Slam will allow you to evolve Nidorino earlier since you will not be forced to wait for Thrash.
Although I agree with you that Body Slam should be taught to Nidoking (Charizard would be ok too) in this case, I'd just want to point out that this statement is incorrect. Teaching Nidoking Thrash does not involve waiting for Nidorino to learn it before evolving - in fact, it's the opposite. You actually HAVE to evolve Nidorino early to get Thrash because Nidoking can only learn it when fully evolved at level 23, and there's no way to get it if you evolve Nidorino after that level.

Sorry to be a nitpick lol

I am thinking of upgrading my SD card to download both X and Y. My question is can I transfer date from my old SD card or not? I heard from a friend that you can't, but according to Nintendo's official website you can, so I want to confirm this.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
I am thinking of upgrading my SD card to download both X and Y. My question is can I transfer date from my old SD card or not? I heard from a friend that you can't, but according to Nintendo's official website you can, so I want to confirm this.
I have transferred data between multiple SD cards (the one it comes with -> 8 GB -> 16 GB). If you are using the same 3DS, just drag the files from one SD card to your computer, insert the new SD card into your computer, and drag the files from your computer to the SD card. It's very easy.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I have some questions about the Emerald Battle Pike.

Let's say that all the Pokemon on your team have been inflicted with a status condition somehow. What would happen if you were to enter another room with Kirlia/Dusclops? Would the new status inflicted by them overwrite the status you currently have, or would the new status be ignored and the old status retained? Is it even possible to enter the Kirlia/Dusclops room if your whole team is statused?

I have some questions about the Emerald Battle Pike.

Let's say that all the Pokemon on your team have been inflicted with a status condition somehow. What would happen if you were to enter another room with Kirlia/Dusclops? Would the new status inflicted by them overwrite the status you currently have, or would the new status be ignored and the old status retained? Is it even possible to enter the Kirlia/Dusclops room if your whole team is statused?
I believe it is just a dead room at that point. It is still possible to encounter it, of course, as the probability does not change.

Playing Heartgold Nuzlocke challenge. I'm up to Bugsy and am a little afraid to fight his Scyther. Need some tips.

My party goes as follow:

Croconaw 18 - Serious (Neutral) Water Gun, Bite, Scratch, Rage
Butterfly 17 - Hasty (-Def, +Spd) Confusion, Gust, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder
Zubat 16 - Brave (+Att, -Spd) Bite, Supersonic, Astonish, Leech Life
Rattata 16 - Mild (-Def, +SpAtt) Quick Attack, Bite, Hyper Fang, Pursuit

Butterfly has 37 Speed. Assuming Bugsy's Scyther has 31 Spd IV and neutral nature, it'll have 46 Speed. So it looks like I'll have no way to outspeed it.

Any Nuzlocke tip in general is very welcome, since Whitney is coming up next after Bugsy.

Playing Heartgold Nuzlocke challenge. I'm up to Bugsy and am a little afraid to fight his Scyther. Need some tips.

My party goes as follow:

Croconaw 18 - Serious (Neutral) Water Gun, Bite, Scratch, Rage
Butterfly 17 - Hasty (-Def, +Spd) Confusion, Gust, PoisonPowder, Sleep Powder
Zubat 16 - Brave (+Att, -Spd) Bite, Supersonic, Astonish, Leech Life
Rattata 16 - Mild (-Def, +SpAtt) Quick Attack, Bite, Hyper Fang, Pursuit

Butterfly has 37 Speed. Assuming Bugsy's Scyther has 31 Spd IV and neutral nature, it'll have 46 Speed. So it looks like I'll have no way to outspeed it.

Any Nuzlocke tip in general is very welcome, since Whitney is coming up next after Bugsy.
Butterfree can take any attack his Scyther can throw at you and put it to sleep with Sleep Powder. I know this because I had to solo Bugsy with a Butterfree in my HeartGold mono-bug run

If my Espeon (white2) knows Baton Pass learned in the Eevee form, is there a way to gain it again if i decide to remove it? I tryed with the moves reminder but it doesn't work [sorry for my bad english, is not my language :)]

Stellar

of the Distant Past
If my Espeon (white2) knows Baton Pass learned in the Eevee form, is there a way to gain it again if i decide to remove it? I tryed with the moves reminder but it doesn't work [sorry for my bad english, is not my language :)]
You can't relearn Baton Pass once Eevee evolves into Espeon. Espeon does not learn Baton Pass by level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)