OU CCAT - Round 7 - Revision

Double Dance Landorus-T

I'm not too fond on how this plays out, but is it possible for the original vote to be changed or can only mons voted for afterwards be changed? I don't really prefer either of these choices so I was just wondering if its possible they can be changed.

Double Dance Landorus-T

I'm not too fond on how this plays out, but is it possible for the original vote to be changed or can only mons voted for afterwards be changed? I don't really prefer either of these choices so I was just wondering if its possible they can be changed.
If I am understanding your question correctly, do you mean the submitted sets? The sets can only be changed after the vote. Eventually we will be able to revise the sets before and after the ladder test. But I specifically said before the vote began:
Submissions end at 8:00 PM GMT -5 tomorrow!
  • Submissions will be put into a pastebin so people can view easily (i.e. they are the "official submissions"). So if you have any edits to do on the set, do them before the deadline!

Voting has ended. I am tallying the votes. If it is tied I kill you all. (nah I will coinflip it).

Passho Berry QD Volcarona: 23
Double Dance Landorus-T: 26

Landorus-T wins by a small margin of three votes.

Round 2 Submissions begin!

Rules / Reminders:
  • Submissions end 3 days from now at 8:00 PM GMT -5.
  • There are no more slashes on Pokemon sets. Different slashes can take a team in different directions.
  • You will be unable to change the submission in anyway after the deadline until the revision rounds. So if there are any suggested changes are you set (moves, EV's, etc.) do it before the submission deadline!
  • Refer back to the OP for the main rules, format, and reminders.
  • When you submit your set, think about how it contributes to the function of the team. Also think about what direction you beleive the team should go, and reflect that in the submitted set.
  • Don't just let submissions be the only contribution to this round!

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SpA / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Considering that Lando is attempting to sweep, I believe our first step would be trying to facilitate that sweep, something that at this point is much more important than defensive synergy and the like. The goal should be to give lando the ability to sweep in as timely a manner as possible, and mamoswine helps greatly with this.

Hidden Power Fire mamo not only makes a fantastic lure, able to ko all of it and lando's common switch ins, but it is also a rather potent pokemon in general, as it doesn't lose all that much power from its traditional sets with the EV split. Here are some calcs on pretty much all of what will be dealing with lando:

148 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Fire vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 153-182 (46.78 - 55.65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 420-516 (118.64 - 145.76%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 200 HP / 244 Def Landorus-T: 390-468 (105.69 - 126.82%) -- guaranteed OHKO
148 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 182-218 (51.7 - 61.93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
148 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 354-421 (100 - 118.92%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Spear (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 210-258 (50 - 61.42%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

(Hippo can't switch in, nor can he slack off stall due to the possibility for more than 3 hits.)

Clearly, Mamo is able to not only eliminate, but also LURE in these counters (bar the ground/ice ones, though they can't threaten lando while he's in and lando 2hkos them so it isn't an issue) which is what makes mamo so attractive. If we used something like heatran or infernape or latios, yes they could indeed kill all of these pokemon, but they would not be given the chance (you know, switching), whereas with mamo, those pokemon that it is designed to kill will be switching IN. And then are either weakened to the point that lando can sweep or they switch out and give you free momentum.

Last edited:
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SAtk / 232 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rather standard submission, but it helps check and pressure the majority of things Lando-T has problems with. Namely pressures out Hippowdon, Skarmory, and can scare off other Lando-T.

Also opens up the much popluar 'Rachi Wash Lando-T core as a team option.

Considering Ebelt set over this one, so I may change it up a bit.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Reserv ing HP fire mamoswine
What.
(Not hating.)

Sub+Disable Gengar
Gengar @ Black Sludge
Evs: 4 Def / 252 Satk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Substitute
-Disable

The reason I am nominating Sub+Disable Gengar is because it pretty much fearlessly switches into Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Lando-T's EQ and these mons are the biggest roadblocks for Lando. Gengar also attacks from the other side of the spectrum which is nice, it also gives as a way to potentially remove Jellicent which is another roadblock for Lando (though who leaves Jelli in on Gengar or switches it in unless it is predicting Fblast). Gengar also lures in TTar and Scizor that want to pursuit trap it which is something Lando can set up on. In return Lando-T can defeat things like Jirachi and Mixed Wall Hippo that wall Gengar. Gengar can also hit skarmory hard with Focus Blast.

Last edited:
Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Trick

This is a nifty change-up to a standard set I use on my Double Dance Lando-T team. It's really nice for bringing in Landorus-T to get an easy boost. It has great synergy with Lando-T, and can beat or cripple most of it's counters. Volt Switch / Hydro Pump is the typical STAB combo for Rotom-W letting it gets past grounds etc and getting us some momentum. It lets us beat Skarmory and other physically defensive steels Landorus-T has a hard time with. Pain Split is there to give Rotom-W it's much needed recovery so it can take Hydro Pumps and such better. Now the fun part about this set is Choice Scarf Trick on a bulky EV spread. This guy isn't meant to be a revenge killer. It can act like one in a pinch against a slower threat, but its more for crippling rain teams and walls that Landorus-T can set up on. Trick let's him dump a Scarf on something like Ferrothorn for Landorus-T to com in and set-up on. You can also Trick it onto things like Lum Berry Dragonite that might try to set up on you. Same goes for CM Latias.

This is a suggestion to anyone as I don't plan on doing the whole analysis, physically defensive gastrodon can counter keldeo(-hp grass but who runs that) which will help the landorus out alot. Credit to whoever made a set like this because I have seen it on the forums before.

Mixed Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 152 Atk / 208 SAtk / 148 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Iron Head
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder / Thunderbolt

This Jirachi is probably one of the best temmates for Landorus-T doble boost because both have a good sinergy and kills many of their best counters like Grass Knot for Hippowdown, Gastrodon and Quagsire mostly, Hidden Power Ice nails Landorus-T and Gliscor or Garchomp in a switch while keeps a good coverage, Thunder(bolt) helps mainly against Skarmory which can phaze Landorus-T, Thunder is useful against Rain teams while that Thunderbolt have a 100% acuracce, Thunder also is cool against opposite Rotom-W which in other way counter this set pretty well. This set have problems with Heatran and Ferrothorn mainly. The evs spread boost both offensive stats and with this speed outrun neutral base 100 mons like Salamence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)