Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Just saying, but barty appears to be a similar time znoe to me judging from what time he went to bed 2 days ago, and he said he would check out CAP, ASB and minecraft before checking back here. This means he either forgot about this game or was lurking, but I don't think anyone can play minecraft for 8+ hours...

Right now I can see a Blackhawk+Jalmont connnection. Blackhawk has been mentioning Jalmont in a good light in some of his more recent posts, whereas Jalmont has been talking about most people in his posts, but not Blackhawk at all. Jalmont has already been under considerable amounts of pressure so I'm, though for entirely different reasons than Barty, going to go ahead and Lynch Blackhawk.

And @Woodchuck Metal Sonic already told me off for posting like that, but sorry again. As I said, if I knew how to use hide tags on this forum I would have done....

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Woodchuck, I'd like to clarify.

1. I am not "tired" of acting idiotic, the pressure has forced me to step down from my position.

2. I am still able to contribute and provide solid reads like a normal town. However I am not #1 scumhunter anymore.

3. Read Celever's post. Its real. The quote button aint working ugh

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I did end up reading his post, don't worry. I just find it more helpful when people organize their analysis and reads in their post by person and not by post-- it's harder to follow analysis and reasoning when you split it up so much. Thanks in advance for making an effort in future posts, Celever.

Celever

i am town
hey Celever I actually believe his noobishness- apparently it's a given that he hasn't been in an NOC before, which is vastly different from any other mafia game you'll see here. also as I can see from your posts after my big one please don't tell me that you're keeping your scumread on me just for the sake of not flipflopping, which is terrible reasoning
Just responding to this saying that I actually can't see what is great about your posts even after the big one. Everyone has complained about my big post but your big post isn't any good either. Basically read the section in my big reads thing about you (post #45). As I said one of the quotes or bold answers w/e per sentence, I find you scummy anyway.
And I still don't see why you felt a need to snap something out of mid air as silly as you did "Hey guys the host already told me someone is scum, let's lynch him!". It just made you look like a troll.

@Celever: Yeah, I kinda ended up mostly lurking around yesturday. Tried making a post, but wasn't quite sure of how to make it. I blame procrastination -_-.

Anyway, from what I can see, the last post of the first day that I made (Completely forgot about the edit rule *facepalm*) I did go defensive. I think it was mostly just that it was 10 PM in my timezone, I've been away for a good portion of the day and i was just tierd, not to mention I am kinda unsure of how to respond to that kind of pressure, either from one guy or six people who have voted to lynch me and a seventh who is questioning me out for if I should be lynched. It could just be that I'm not quite as skilled with going through all the posts and analysing all the content. I do understand this might sound odd, but just going through and attempting to analyse all the writings found within the mafia is something I've been struggling with for most of my life, due to reasons I do not wish to state right now. Of course, being only somewhat awake and also that small "oh there happens to be 3 people who wish to lynch me" can also easily be contributing factors. Well, I think you want me to stop writing this giant wall of text just in my defense. So, I got a few thoughts...

@Metal Sonic: I do understand the sudden reversal in your way of communicating in the day time due to pressure from other community members, but that part I did state in a previous post. The thing I kinda wonder now would be that why didn't you just continue with going for the #1 scumhunter, only in a more calm, collected way? I think that you could easily be a core member of the MC, and that you could help lead discussions in a way that allowed for more though than what I saw in for example the RNG NOC. Might be that I also am a bit biased due to the extra pressure put on you by external factors, so I still consider you a possible MC member, but there is something about this that I find somewhat... Odd.

@Jalmont: In the few posts here I've seen you make, I've mostly seen one-liners and smaller, weaker claims towards lynching someone. Although I have no idea on how you have played in previous games, there is something quite odd about this way of writing (perhaps not as weird as going full old MS or what stupidity I did, but still). I would like to hear more from you, and as a result, I seek to remove my lynch vote on Blackhawk, and lynch Jalmont.

@Blackhawk11: I'm still waiting for a bit more of a explanation, but your last post did point out some factors. I know you might not have the time/willingness to write a WoT, but I'd like just something from you.

Now, if you would excuse me, I'll be off to do other things. I'll see how long I'll lurk before posting this time.

Celever

i am town
This seems like buddying I know, but I don't see why people are on Metal Sonic's case. You hate him when he is acting like a retard, and now that he is not acting like a retard, be it due to an empty threat Eagle did or not, you say it's suspicious. Do you wish he was acting like he did in RNG NOC and distracting people from finding the mafia? He would most likely be lynched if he did that too. I believe he is stepping down from #1 scumhunter, which he is no doubt good at, because he has had to change how he plays this game completely. This is pretty much a bran new experience for Metal Sonic, you can't expect him to jump into it and be amazing.

Aura, what are you talking about? Only two different people had been nominated (excluding yourself) before your first post. Surely you could have voted for someone else. Why did you not do so? Also, you claim you agree with the suspicions on barty, mind pointing out which ones?

@Woodchuck: Just because someone claims they are town doesn't necessarily mean it is a scummy. If anything, a villager would be worried if they are in danger of getting lynched. However, I do not like that barty decided to vote Blackhawk11 right after Blackhawk11 voted for him. He states that he wants to see a more detailed post from Blackhawk11 but it seems like OMGUS to me.

@Spiffy: You said you were most confident with barty being town and liked the way he posts and now you seem to think different about it? Any reason for this?

@Jalmont: I would still like if you posted more content . I feel something suspicious about the way you are playing so far almost as if you are trying to avoid posting information then call out others on not posting enough.

ms what is the difference between you being #1 scumhunter and being a productive village member besides how you communicate it? it seems like you could do the exact same thing as a 'normal' villager but without talking stupid.

unvote
vote metal sonic

celever how is this brand new for metal sonic, he has played mafia before and i refuse to believe he cant play well without his pet persona. youve been fairly scummy this whole game and the trend has continued with your last post. plus your #104 post wasnt helpful and pretty much railing against marquis. i did however notice the jalmont-blackhawk connection so props for you for that but i still am feeling that your are a bit scummy.

speaking of blackhawk he hasnt done all the much recently, as his last post was pretty much surface level reads and other than that he hasnt done much in a long time. combine that with the potential jalmont connection and youve got potential scum.

it seems like a lot of people find jalmont scummy and i cant really say anything that hasnt been said about the matter

aura guardian is giving me a weird gut feeling, in a way similar to ms first post, as i cant really pinpoint it but it is certainly weird behavior. why didnt he rvs, as a veteran player he is obviously aware of the tactic and its uses. however he did refute the charges (rather weakly if you ask me), and from that point on i dont really have any solid evidence, however his post count is low (again, he has an excuse, cant really fact check his life), and most of his posts besides one(?) are just defending himself and not giving reads which is a little weird. not really gonna label him as scum but im gonna ask for some reads

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Sorry woodchuck, I was referring to this post:

First of all I am quite stuck for time here to post so if the reads thing looked off I was trying to get it done quickly. Honestly I believe Metal Sonic when he says Eagle4 told him to stop acting like a retard or he will be godkilled, we talk a lot via irc (me to eagle) and he hates Metal Sonic.
Also, <3 Celever thanks for the backing :)

Personal stuff 1st, reads next.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Houndoomsday said:
ms what is the difference between you being #1 scumhunter and being a productive village member besides how you communicate it? it seems like you could do the exact same thing as a 'normal' villager but without talking stupid.
#1 scumhunter = S tier

productive village member = A tier

I don't think I talk stupid. But the others seem to think so. So I must stop, and degrade to A tier. That's all I am saying.

"Can't play well" is a blatant misrep. I want you to refer to this
Metal Sonic said:
I’m still going to hunt scum, don’t worry. But you all are going to have to find another #1 scumhunter to replace my spot, and worthy candidates are [Aura Guardian, Spiffy, Jalmont and Woodchuck]. Go find your #1 scumhunter this game.

Okay, I don't see why I still have to defend this decision of mine to step down from #1 scumhunter. They're trying to kick me out so that's that. Maybe if more of you can petition for me with enough support to go back to #1 scumhunter, otherwise consider me retired.

I'm going to evaluate the latest post by barty, I don't like it.

Last edited:
It is becoming extremely frustrating how you all think Metal Sonic is being genuine in "stepping down from #1 scumhunter". HE...IS...TROLLING! First of all, he'd have to have delusions of grandeur if he thought he was ever "#1 scumhunter" in the first place. The fact that you are all so hung up on his stepping down blows my mind! So whether he is village or mafia there's no way he has been serious about that. I know I have stated that I thought his first post was scummy, but reading it over again, it's more "trolly" which could honestly indicate village or mafia.

@Solar Vapor I stated in the post that I was rethinking my barty read because of Woodchuck's logic (alluding to being a power role so early for no reason).

@Aura Guardian Did you really think that would be an adequate response? What happened to postular analysis you did earlier? And the whole post is literally: 1.) Give excuses for inactivity 2.) Repeat something you already said (although this is to answer someone's question so w/e) 3.) Say you think someone is suspicious without stating why (Is it just the complete reversal in playstyle or are there other factors?)

Plus there are many players you haven't discussed for like 80 posts, I'm sure there's enough content for you of all people to say about someone.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
Barty said:
Tried making a post, but wasn't quite sure of how to make it. I blame procrastination -_-.
This part here pings. It's a scumtell of mine, generally even as #1 scumhunter. However it is a mild scumtell, and considering that he posted a "reasonably" sincere post afterwards, I'll put him on the watchlist.

Barty said:
It could just be that I'm not quite as skilled with going through all the posts and analysing all the content. I do understand this might sound odd, but just going through and attempting to analyse all the writings found within the mafia is something I've been struggling with for most of my life, due to reasons I do not wish to state right now. Of course, being only somewhat awake and also that small "oh there happens to be 3 people who wish to lynch me" can also easily be contributing factors. Well, I think you want me to stop writing this giant wall of text just in my defense.
This too. This large amount of text could easily be used to read another player, or post more relevant content. Especially considering that Barty claims he is "busy" and "lazy" and "procrastinating", yeah I don't see why a player would post this over other reads; with the limited time that he has.

However, his later analysis is okay, so he's Null-town dropped to Null-scum for me, but its pretty mild.

Also, I don't like throwing my vote around like a weapon(unlike Spiffy, who loves potshotting), as you all know I like to take quick, calculated brandished strikes in order to destroy the scum accurately.

But since I'm the only one not voting, I'll put this on my biggest scum read(as of this moment).

Vote: Jalmont

Blackhawk11

one on one
Woodchuck said:
Blackhawk11's post #53 has a similar view of barty the beetle as I do, but in post #96 he notes barty's 180 in attitude... without making a read on it. I'm not sure if Blackhawk sees barty's 180 as making him look cleaner or not, but I think it could just as easily be barty getting advice from his mafia teammates to calm down. I need to see more from barty but his abrupt change of demeanor doesn't make him look any less scummy to me. I'd like to know what Blackhawk thinks about this, as he did pick up on barty's behavior but didn't voice any opinions as to what it meant.
So far this is as far as I got from my last post, and before I continue reading I'd just like to say, that's pretty much exactly what thought. I thought the same thing that it could very well be his teammates giving him instructions. I want to see if his behavior continues in this more collected fashion or if he jumps back and forth between it and the out of control defensive version of him that we saw when he replied to Marquis. I definitely think that time will tell.

Blackhawk11

one on one
mkay, I went back through every Jalmont post and several reads of him; I think the biggest points against him are a lack of content and including some fluff, which is understandable. However, I think that this can be pointed out against many users, including FireMage, celever, barty, and even me. So I don't think that fluff alone is as big of a scumtell as others I guess!
Jalmont probably hasn't mentioned me (he hasn't mentioned several other users as well) because I haven't done too much.

Ok, I've just read through the posts that are on this page, and I'll just give a quick opinion on my reads.

@Metal Sonic: Talking about why he has been lead to go no more "number 1 scumhunter" due to pressure, and that this is not a reason to suspect him. He also made some reads, and made a vote, but nothing major. Using his scale for simplicity, I'd say he is Slightly town. I'd like to see a bit more information in order to see just what you think on the current situation.

@Celever: Starts by wondering if playing MineCraft for 8+ hours is possible (I'd say it is with breaks), talks about a possible Jalmont+Blackhawk connection, then makes a comment on why s/he considers Marquis a troll due to that first post and makes a sympathetic statement for Ms. I'd say Null-Town.

@Woodchuck: From what only on this page, he only made a small helpful hint towards Celever and organization. It would be hard for me to say anything about him other than that I consider him a Null.

@
Solar Vapor: He did mostly just ask some people a few questions, while making a statement on a few people. Once again, little to go from on this page, so I say Null.

@Houndoomsday: Mostly just talks about why he finds ms and ag to be somewhat suspicious, and asks for some reads. Although there is something in his words that somehow sounds.... Odd, for the lack of a better adjective, I'd say he currently stands as a Null.

@Spiffy: I've read and reread your post, but I don't get any real form of read from it. There is something odd, but it also seems like a proper post to get more discussion out, so I say, for now, Null.

@Blackhawk11: Done a small read on me and Jalmont, and not much more. I'm currently thinking Null.

For reasons already provided in earlier posts, both by me and by others, I still consider Jalmont a possible scum. I'll keep my vote on him until I see a reason to remove it, if I do see one.

spiffy: i pointed it out so we people wouldn't continue to RVS? if you noticed no one else randomly voted so I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. just because people "should" infer it for themselves, doesn't mean they will. the behavior of people in the game made it seem like they wanted to lynch someone right away. i was attempting to explain why that was a bad idea. don't assume everyone here is a genius NOC player

i said vapor's posts didn't look good and i explained why. that's analysis - you call people out in order to find mafia -by accusing people you hope to get a reaction one way or another to find mafia if you want to ignore the valid points I make, fine, feel free to do so, just don't go around saying I'm not doing shit when I am

I am not going to say anything about blackhawk for the rest of day 1 because he and I are scumbuddies and I don't want to draw too much attention to him :D

i've made one post that had one line in it. i wouldn't characterize that as a "lot." assuming people are scum because they play in a different way is a stupid way to scumhunt and i guarantee will not get us anywhere.

solar vapor what the fuck are you saying. what the fuck is "content" since my posts seem to lack them. to find mafia you state why you think a certain user is mafia. honestly i'm surprised people aren't saying i've been defending myself this whole time. i haven't said anybody hasn't posted enough so you obviously to get a grip on the english language

metal sonic is a fucking idiot or scum - one or the other, i don't think hes said one word about me and then votes me? yea ok...

barty has no reads on anyone in the game except for me and metal sonic apparently... ok

one last rant: what the fuck is "content" how the fuck can you guys complain i'm not posting any and focusing too much on "accusing others" that's what your fucking supposed to do i don't know what the fuck you want from me when I'm *trying* to point out flaws in people's arguments etc. you guys need to give me some fucking specifics over what the flying fuck about my posts is different from your expectation about a "content" post is about

i shouldn't post when i'm angry sorry

bartys reads seem weak and combined with his power claim im getting suspicious. if he is mafia and gets lynched D1 we wont really benefit because he gave us no real mafia reads and 1-2 village reads. i think he is getting scared and isnt coping with the pressure well. please post your top 3 scumreads for us barty

unvote
vote barty

definitely noticing a jalmont-blackhawk connection that jalmont didnt really need to address but by writing about it makes me feel like he is trying too hard to cover it up

Aura, what are you talking about? Only two different people had been nominated (excluding yourself) before your first post. Surely you could have voted for someone else. Why did you not do so? Also, you claim you agree with the suspicions on barty, mind pointing out which ones?
@Solar Vapor: I was going by people voting, not voted. Similar effect overall. And it seemed - and I was correct here - that conversation was going to start soon, which meant RVS was soon to be over, no point dragging it out. As for my suspicions on barty: the sudden reversal from agressive to defensive, mainly.
aura guardian is giving me a weird gut feeling, in a way similar to ms first post, as i cant really pinpoint it but it is certainly weird behavior. why didnt he rvs, as a veteran player he is obviously aware of the tactic and its uses. however he did refute the charges (rather weakly if you ask me), and from that point on i dont really have any solid evidence, however his post count is low (again, he has an excuse, cant really fact check his life), and most of his posts besides one(?) are just defending himself and not giving reads which is a little weird. not really gonna label him as scum but im gonna ask for some reads
@Houndoomsday: Not sure what to say about gut feelings. But after I finish trying to figure out what's wrong with Civ V and the graphics glitching, I'll be happy to analyze... how about barty and Jalmont?
@Aura Guardian Did you really think that would be an adequate response? What happened to postular analysis you did earlier? And the whole post is literally: 1.) Give excuses for inactivity 2.) Repeat something you already said (although this is to answer someone's question so w/e) 3.) Say you think someone is suspicious without stating why (Is it just the complete reversal in playstyle or are there other factors?)
1) It is what it is. I have time today to be more active, though.
2) Yeah, why you said it.
3) I was tired; it was after midnight for me. As for the why he was suspicious: since two people asked, see above, in my answer to Solar Vapor.

This Jalmont wagon is shit. From what I've noticed about suspicions of me and him, it just feels like certain people here are so quick to scumread anyone who are either aggressive and/or actively looking for scum. Jalmont is a townread for me.

Woodchuck, that question you answered was part of a set of 3 intended for Metal Sonic... who seems to have ignored them. Also, I'd like him to actually explain his votes. MS, I like your normal play better, because right now I can't tell if you're trying to adopt a new meta or if you're actually scum.

please post your top 3 scumreads for us barty
With pleasure.

After going back through the posts made earlier (not just 101-114), I do find that there is something odd with Jalmont. I can't really explain it; there is just something about it which makes me consider him a possible scum.
For similar reasons, I still do find Blackhawk a bit odd off, and like stated earlier, he has been seen as buddying a bit with Jalmont, but other than this, I can't really say much about him.
My final scum read is Houndoomsday, because like I said earlier, there is something in his posts that just seem... Odd.

I find these to only be my 3 main reads, but I also happen to keep an eye on Marquis, Solar Vapor and Woodchuck. Like said to the first 3, I do get this odd feeling from some of their posts, but not quite as much as from the first 3.

Oddly, I think most of these people have had a lynch vote on me at one time or the other. Coincidences.

Finally, for my on-and-off lurking and posting these last two days, I find what Ag said to be correct for my position too.
Aura said:
Also, I sometimes view a thread, but don't reply because I can't think of anything worth saying, sometimes because other people said it already in similar terms, and I'd rather avoid redundancy of that type (yay, activity is NOT an issue any more).
So I'll call it a day in 45 minutes; any last questions before tomorrow should be in by then.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@barty the beetle please read:
barty actually does look scummy to me because he keeps asserting himself as MC but "no one can be sure of that", and he then goes on to heavily emphasize how new he is and closes with "go ahead and lynch me" -- and says vaguely that we'll regret it. This looks like a vague power role claim to me, and I have to say that if I were in his position with a power role, I would definitely avoid pulling the power role card until there was a great deal more lynch pressure--or I'd run the risk of calling attention to myself from the mafia and getting nightkilled. (Just like how I got nightkilled night 1 of RNG NOC v_v) He also seems overly intent on justifying what he's doing when he's not checking the thread.
Blackhawk11's post #53 has a similar view of barty the beetle as I do, but in post #96 he notes barty's 180 in attitude... without making a read on it. I'm not sure if Blackhawk sees barty's 180 as making him look cleaner or not, but I think it could just as easily be barty getting advice from his mafia teammates to calm down. I need to see more from barty but his abrupt change of demeanor doesn't make him look any less scummy to me. I'd like to know what Blackhawk thinks about this, as he did pick up on barty's behavior but didn't voice any opinions as to what it meant.
Please explain your "soft" claim of a power role and abrupt change in behavior. You're not really making yourself look any better with your vague reads that state people seem "odd" to you without any reason backing it up, and I have to wonder if you're not scum bussing at least some of those players that you supposedly find "odd" in order to distance yourself from them.

Sorry to the others for tunnelling on barty so much, I'll try to analyze others later but for the time being barty doesn't look like he's giving straight answers. His only analysis in his most recent post was just parroting what others have said about a Jalmont-Blackhawk11 connection without offering anything new, which honestly looks like a halfhearted scum attempt to fit in to me. I want some answers.

@Metal Sonic: The problem with you is not that you are a good scum hunter but the fact that you won't shut the fuck up about it and constantly proclaiming yourself the number one scum hunter. By the way, you said you really did not barty's post and found it scummy but then ended up voting for Jalmont without any reasoning behind it.

@barty the beetle: So you consider Jalmont and Houndoomsday scummy because their posts seem odd yet you do not know what it is about their posts that make you say this? You are going to have to come up with something better than that imo. Also you are tired but are awake enough to watch something about Minecraft? Okay.

Celever

i am town
"Get your final questions in the next 45 minutes!"
"Actually nvm I'll answer them in like 8 hours"

This just seems like he wants to ask his mafia buddies how to answer this. Unvote Blackhawk, Lynch Jalmont.
@Blackhawk11 please give an honest read on Jalmont, assessing him etc..
@barty the beetle Your posts right now are absolute BS. You are the only person in this game everyone has decided you are scummy, except for.. Aura Guardian and FireMage in the least. Something to note is Spiffy early in the game, where he says "barty is my most confident town read!" where Solar Vapor rightly pointed out that he makes Spiffy look good but then not using the adivce Spiffy said. The other two people I noted are simply inactive. I mentioned Aura Guardian because the only time he mentions Barty is to say "I agree with the claims but don't vote him" and that is it. I am going to say here though, giving a list of reads where every result is null or null-town except for a bandwagon is: 1) Absolutely useless and 2) It makes you seem like you have no idea what is going on -- you'd like that, wouldn't you.
I may post more tomorrow/a drink etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)