Media One Piece (spoilers!)

tehy

Banned deucer.
So no OP next week sucks, but new anime came out...yesterday, i believe?

just watched it and... well, i knew what was going to happen, seeing as i read the manga but, firstly the Tashigi+g5 thing where they throw her through and 'die' for her was actually really awesome and sad. (Yes, i know they don't really die, but get saved later, but at the time you don't feel like that.) Although i did feel it was a bit sexist, still great though

Also this amazing shot of usopp at like 19.21 doing a SHOCKED FACE with dramatic screen effects that is bloody hilarious

Edit: actually i have been re-watching OP on the side and something I noticed is

Robin is really broken, but pretty much never uses/abuses her powers enough. The one time she does, in the rainbow mist arc, there's conveniently a sea stone treasure that the guy stumbles into

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was just re-reading Skypiea and, for whatever reason, it just dawned on me how powerful Robin is. It's silly. I don't know if I'd call her fourth strongest but she's for sure up for the running.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I wish there was someway to know just how much of a power discrepancy there is between Luffy's attacks. I have a feeling he might have a pretty tough time with don chinjao... I mean G2 Bullet didn't phase him _at all_ which is the same thing that obliterated a pacifista. Would Luffy even use his G3 moves if he wants to remain hidden? I mean right now he might just come out with it and ditch the disguise, but at this point it might be more interesting than the Hody/CC fights. (Maybe Block C will even be interrupted and we won't see the rest of the tournament)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well I'd sure hope Don Chinjao is more durable than a Pacifista, even freaking McGuy and Doma could fodderize them. As for the tournament, I sure hope at least block D is allowed to finish. Some of those characters look really interesting.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
well crap

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130723-00000000-jct-ent
(It's in Japanese use your browser's Auto- Translate feature)

Oda's health deteriorating despite break and a short hospitalization stint.
OP will miss the Next Issue's deadline, and Shonen Jump has not confirmed when he'll be back and able to work.

"I'm not worried about it being interesting," Oda added. "The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not my physical strength can hold up." - Oda

crap man Oda, stay with us. Complete this Epic. :'(

EDIT: found an english report if anyone's interested (http://kotaku.com/one-piece-s-creator-still-sidelined-amid-concerns-920915410)

tehy

Banned deucer.
Can't he just tell us who wins and by how much

JS that's all we want to know right now

#TeamChinjao

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Summary:

"I'm worried that my body might not hold up until the end [of the series]."

"I've really messed this up! I may have held off and tried too hard here and there, and the result is I've made my condition worse. Right now I'm continuing to undergo treatment. This happened even though there's a whole new twist in the story starting next chapter-- I want my readers to read it so badly!"

When fellow manga artist Matsumoto Taiyou asked him about the stress of doing 19 pages a week, Oda responded.

"Yeah, it is quite shindoi (exhausting/painful). It's become harder and harder for my own body to keep up with the pace. But, how should I put it-- just the momentum-- if I try to loosen up the feeling of being cornered, I can't help but get this feeling that it might become only half as interesting. When you think of proper procedure, of course you would want to decrease the number of pages a week but... I'm just troubled, and unable to decide what to do."

"One Piece is a manga that will only be MORE interesting the LONGER it goes."
"That's right, it's REALLY interesting-- the last chapter that is. I'm quite sure that the longer it goes (the more build up we can make) the more interesting my ending will be. I'm not at all worried about it being an interesting ending-- I'm only worried about whether my body will last until the end."

In response to hearing of Oda's health, there was a surge of fan feedback indicated their great concerns for Oda-sensei. Many fans urged him to rest and think of his health first. "Reduce the volume written, and by the same amount rest your body-- this is what's best for the author and the readers!"

Oda-sensei was clearly unsure though. The interviewers asked, "Is it no good to not be busy?"

"The 'sudden enlightenment born from being corned by the deadline', or 'the power of idiocy', I just can't help but expect a lot from those driving forces. It's often those times when you're fighting to the very last minute that you suddenly are enlightened by an INCREDIBLE idea, or you can draw a truly INSPIRED picture. When you've built up experiences like that, you just can't help but have great expectations for that power-of-the-moment. But the ONLY way to draw out that kind of thing is to put yourself (and your body) under even greater crisis! The result is that you suffer more and more."

is how he answered-- indicating that the situation can't just be fixed by saying "rest more."

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What are you talking about? The issue you're referring to was the one to be scanlated 2 days ago. We get a chapter next Wednesday as usual.

EDIT: I hope you realize that the chapters we get on Wednesday are illegal raw scans of the Shonen version that gets published 5 days later right?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yes there is a chapter this week. the link provided was news intended for his absence this week.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  • Kelly Funk has the power of "Jake Jake no Mi" (ジャケジャケの実), he's a jacket man that can transform his body into a jacket.
  • Boo takes revenge for his brother and defeats Funk Brothers.
  • Boo and Ideo fight hard but they are defeated by Luffy and Don Chinjao with hardly any effort.
  • Luffy and Don Chinjao are last fighters on C Block, their punchs crash with much power.

In other words, we get a chapter tomorrow!

@Aldaron: You're welcome. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
looks like pandaman got knocked out early and decided to join the spectators... (middle right panel, just behind the girl)
also, last 2 pages were really cool

tehy

Banned deucer.
I appreciate everything Oda's done for us, but this chapter was basically just a bunch of guys kicking each other's asses without much buildup or a point. Hell, at the end the two people the announcer thinks are likely to win the match are lolsmashed by luffy and chinjao, which goes to show how much all of it really mattered

The Jake Jake no Mi was pretty cool, though

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
thats the eye of a broken dreamer. when he realized he couldn't take buggy's head.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one worried about Oda's health? He has been on a biweekly schedule for a while now. I'd rather have him take a long break from OP to recover than to try and workaholic his way through to make new chapters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)