~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Starting now!

The First Official STABmons Tournament
Co-hosted by The Eevee General and Mr. Omgness

General Rules:
-Battle on Pokemon Showdown
-No identity theft
-Don't scout
-Obey timer clause (unless an extenuating circumstance arises, then PM me if there's a dispute)
-Don't disconnect on purpose or you lose that battle point. Connection issues happen, PM if there's a dispute.
- All matches consist of a best of three, in other words: the first one to win 2 games wins the round. If a player wins 2 games there is no need for a 3rd game to play but you are always free to do so.
-You may switch teams during the rounds. For example, you can use 3 separate teams for Round 1. But do have your teams ready when you battle your opponent the first time so you can get all 3 battles completed without too much delay.
-Please obey all Bans/Suspects for each round!! If you use a banned Pokémon (e.g. Sableye in Round 1) or two Suspects per team (e.g. Darmanitan and Stoutland in Round 2), you lose that battle automatically.
- Save replays so that a decision can be made more easily when disputes arise.
- Report wins in this thread.
- If matches are not played by the deadline the admins (EeveeGeneral and MrOmgness) will take a decision: they can give the win to the most active player (activity posts are therefore a good idea), extend the deadline, etc.
- Check this thread regularly for updates on brackets, deadlines, etc.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Round 2:
451 to 499 Club

~September-October~

Banned:
Forretress
Sawsbuck
Whimsicott
Ferrothorn
Scrappy

Suspect:
Staraptor
Darmanitan
Kangaskhan
Tauros
Stoutland
Zangoose

BRACKETS
Main bracket: http://challonge.com/stabmons451499

Loser bracket:

POINT DISTRIBUTION
Winner 10 Points
Runner-up 8 Points
Semi-finalists 6 Points
Quarter-finalists 3 Points
Round of 16'ers 1 Point

Winner Loser Bracket 5 Points
Runner-up Loser Bracket 3 Points
Semi-finalists Loser Bracket 1 Point

STANDINGS

1. Pikachuun 10
2. Manitary 8
3. Zapteryx 6
4. Scorpdestroyer 6
5. Level 51 5
6. Snaquaza 3
7. Adrian Marin 3
8. The Reptile 3
9. Toxicroaker 3
10. Mr. Omgness 3
11. TheBurgerKing99 1
12. Lunatic Lies 1
13. Meloetta<3 1
14. llvallejoll 1
15. Pat Labor 1
16. SpartanMalice 1
17. Shartruce2 1
18. Blank Zero 1
19. The Eevee General 1
20. Juleocesar 1

PAST TOURNAMENTS

1. 450 and under:
Winner: Pikachuun
Runner-Up: Manitary
Winner Loser's Bracket: Level 51

http://challonge.com/stabmons450
http://challonge.com/stabmons450l

Last edited:
Eeveegeneral, I'm totally cool with having a STABmons tourney, but 5 separate tourneys is just too much,especially for our first tourney. This requires a LOT of our time that some of us just don't have. I think we'd be better off with having 5 little rounds where we fight three different opponents and keep the original scoring system. Besides, it's our first tourney, and we don't have to be super-competitive. Plus, this requires a lot of teambuilding as it is. Can't we just start small? 5 big tourneys is so time consuming. (It might be troublsome to re-plan, but please consider this.)

Also, I posted this here, since it was too big to put on profile wall.

EV

Banned deucer.
If the 5 rounds are spread out over time I think it can be done. We don't have to rush. We can make Round 1 take longer and wedge a gap in between the next round. Problem is, people are prone to dropping out in between, so if you want to be crowned King/Queen of STABmons, you better stick around for all 5 tournaments to get enough points. That being said, I'm open to new sign ups for each round.

5 rounds was just an idea to try out different BST groups separately. Plus, a lot of people wanted to try Ubers in the beginning when STABmons first started. Let's just try out this first round and see how it goes. If people want to continue to the next, we'll accommodate time zone/obligations/etc issues by extending deadlines if necessary.

Honestly I'm excited to see who wins each round. Will someone excel at the lower BST groups? Will someone sweep all 5? I plan to play all 5 myself. Maybe now that the ladder is going up a lot of people will sign up for 451-499. This can be flexible -- I know a lot of people don't want a poorly executed tournament (STABmons or otherwise) and we've waited a long time so let's keep the momentum going!

I still like the idea. While 5 tours in a row seems like a lot, there's no real time pressure other than the next gen in October. 5 tours in 3ish months isn't that terrible tbh.

EeveeGeneral and BlankZero pretty much said what I think of it.

We will probably do separate sign-ups for each tournament. So you can miss out on a tournament if you're on holidays no problem, ofc this will lower your chances of becoming the STABmon king/queen but we cant have it all.

There's no rush at all like EeveeGeneral said.

We found it fairer this way than to give points on the basis of playing one opponent (who could be really bad or really good). This way the point distribution gets more representative and there's a big chance the best player will win it (my money's on Adrian btw :P).

I have a feeling that you are going far in this omgness. I personally am scared though, because I'm against harbringer round 1

EV

Banned deucer.
I was thinking Adrian too!
Shall we post predictions?
I've already contacted my opponent. I hope to have it done by this weekend.

Lost to TheBurgerKing99, He won the first, I swept the second, and some hax at the end on the third cost me the match. It was great fun, gg BurgerKing. (That hax tho.... lol)

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I didn't know you could use only 1 suspect?

EDIT: I can play a rematch if you guys want.
EDIT 2: Snaquaza can confirm that I am Glaceon<3V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)