Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Tyranitarphantom take a Venonat and name it Klutz. Klutz is just like the ability Klutz and can't use items. Well, any items, since there are no held items in gen I. He just stumble and spills or breaks the damn things every time he uses them! He dreams of becoming a... graceful? Venomoth though, and you can bring him this goal by having Koga teach him the way of the ninja. Have Klutz take out two of his Pokemon in order to evolve and then!!! Nothing changes. He's still a klutz. Oh well, not every story can have a happy ending right?

Pwnemon, have him start with New Moves the Chikorita, It must continually change each moveslot as it learns new moves, it must learn every level up move:
-Tackle/Synthesis/Sweet Scent
-Growl/Reflect/Light Screen/Aromatherapy
-Razor Leaf/Magical Leaf/Body Slam/Solarbeam
-Poisonpowder/Natural Gift/Safeguard

(ex. At level 12, Synthesis replaces Tackle, and at level 17, Reflect replaces Growl, etc.)

It cannot learn TM/HM moves or Move Tutor Moves.

It is also always under the effect of Torment.

It may evolve into Bayleef after it learns Aromatherapy, and It can evolve into Meganium once it learns Solarbeam and only if it solo's Clair.

It must solo Lance both times, Blaine, and Blue. During Red's Battle it must solo Red's Charizard.

Tell him Good Luck!

Zen and Klutz are both accepted, thank you! I still need 4 more Pokemon, folks! Rules are found here!

I've got something coming for both Deoxymoron and Pwnemon.
Rover the Growlithe. A guard dog for the Pokemon Mansion, he quickly grows fond of you. He feels the need to threaten everything he views as a threat to you, and thus, must always roar it first, before he can attack it. And he must always bite it at least once.

hey everyone, i'm looking to do my first scramble challenge on black 2. feel free to suggest stuff, whether it's easy or hard (in fact i'd like to see the unique stuff people come up with so do whatever!)

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pwnemon, give this to your brother:

Take Sir Loin, the Tauros. Sir Loin is of royal lineage, and as such refuses to participate in battles with the common wild Pokémon. With his ego, Sir Loin also believes himself to be the fabled Tauros of legend; one that wields more power than regular Tauros when attacking with moves that have no secondary effects. As such, it may only use attacks that will be boosted by Sheer Force in Gen V. Additionally, as he is a nobleman, he cannot will himself to strike any female members of his kingdom (Normal-types). Finally, to prove that he really is the mightiest Pokémon in the land, he must solo a gym and an Elite four member, without relying on the healing power of Pokémon centers or healing items.

Recap:
- Cannot battle wild Pokémon
- Can only attack with Sheer Force-boosted moves
- Cannot attack female Normal-type pokemon
- Must solo 1 gym and 1 Elite Four member without healing AT ALL

Now do know that Roar sends the target back into its Poké Ball unless it's Soundproof.
Soundproof doesn't exist in Gen 1.
hey everyone, i'm looking to do my first scramble challenge on black 2. feel free to suggest stuff, whether it's easy or hard (in fact i'd like to see the unique stuff people come up with so do whatever!)
You get Bandit the Riolu. This guy's mask is not just for show—it's proof that he's an actual bandit...well, not exactly; he's just a trainee. He must solo all the Trainers in Virbank Complex to learn Thief (which you should find in just that area). At that moment, he must use Thief every time he is sent out. To evolve, he must steal at least one held item using Thief (which isn't that hard; just find an Audino and steal its berry). Now, Team Plasma are, when you get down to it, just a bunch of thieves, so he must lead in every Team Plasma battle (yes, even Colress and Ghetsis) to show them who's boss. Finally, as a bandit, his top priority is going for the gold, so he must solo every Rich Boy and Lady you find and always hold an Amulet Coin (which you should find somewhere in the northern road of Castelia).

tl;dr
- Bandit the Riolu
- Must solo all trainers in Virbank Complex to learn Thief
- Thereafter, must use Thief every time he is sent out
- Must steal at least one held item using Thief to evolve
- Must lead in every Team Plasma battle
- Must solo every Rich Boy and Lady
- Must always hold an Amulet Coin (found in the northern road of Castelia)

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF!

I'm still waiting for a team for a BW 2 run on medium difficulty... take your time I'm just writing this so noone forgets

Hi, I am brand new to Smogon forums but have been lurking around the site for a while. I'm interested in the Scramble Challenge and would like to do a Black 2 run on medium difficulty. Thanks!

I'm still waiting for a team for a BW 2 run on medium difficulty... take your time I'm just writing this so noone forgets
Hey amnz, to start you get Smug, the Snivy. Smug thinks very highly of itself and doesn't like to lose. It must be immediately revived if it faints (using a revive, or by returning ASAP to a pokemon centre before revives can be bought). It also thinks of itself as very attractive and must learn Attract via TM as soon as you reach Castelia City. In addition, it must always keep this move and use it on every opposite-gender pokemon it faces, as soon as it enters battle. To prove it is the most beautiful pokemon, you must solo either Elesa (if male) or Clay (if female). After this battle, it may forget the move Attract. Once it has proven how attractive it is, it now wants to prove its strength. To do this, it must be given the TM Sunny Day as soon as it reaches Mistralton City (you have to buy it), and use Sunny Day as soon as it starts a battle with another pokemon. It must keep this for the rest of the game.

Let me know if this works for you :)

Last edited:
Hey amnz, to start you get Smug, the Snivy. Smug thinks very highly of itself and doesn't like to lose. It must be immediately revived if it faints (using a revive, or by returning ASAP to a pokemon centre before revives can be bought). It also thinks of itself as very attractive and must learn Attract via TM as soon as you reach Castelia City. In addition, it must always keep this move and use it on every opposite-gender pokemon it faces, as soon as it enters battle. To prove it is the most beautiful pokemon, you must solo either Elesa (if male) or Clay (if female). After this battle, it may forget the move Attract. Once it has proven how attractive it is, it now wants to prove its strength. To do this, it must be given the TM Sunny Day as soon as it reaches Mistralton City (you have to buy it), and use Sunny Day as soon as it starts a battle with another pokemon. It must keep this for the rest of the game.

Let me know if this works for you :)
Smug the Snivy is accepted, thanks for the challenge! I'll see how that works. Still 5 more to go!

I'll reserve for both Shiny Dratini and amnz.

EDIT: Okay then, this one can be for both of you. Catch the first Eevee you find in Castelia city, Nickname it whatever you like,and check its nature. The nature determines what it will evolve into andd what its restrictions will be.

If its nature is Adamant, Lonely, Brave, Naughty or Hardy:
He must evolve into Flaron. He only cares about raw physical power; as such, he may only use Physical moves (no special or status moves). To evolve, he must solo 20 trained Pokeomon with higher Special Attack than Attack, since he is disgusted by their reliance on special attacks. One of these Pokemon must also belong to a Gym Leader.

If the nature is Bold, Impish, Lax, Relaxed or Docile:
He must evolve into Umbreon. Since Defense is its specialty, he may only have one damaging attack. To evolve, he must solo 20 trained Pokemon with higher Offensive stats than Defensive stats (Either base Attack or Special Attack must be higher than both base Defense and Special Defense). One of these Pokemon must also belong to a Gym Leader.

If the nature is Timid, Hasty, Jolly, Naive or Serious:
He must evolve into Jolteon. Blitz only cares about being faster than his opponent, so to make sure of that, he must always know Quick Attack as an Eevee (You may replace it with Agility once he evolves). If the opponent is faster than Blitz, he may only use Quick Attack on them. To evolve, he must solo 15 trained Pokemon who are faster than him while only using Quick attack. One of these Pokemon must also belong to a Gym Leader.

If the nature is Modest, Mild, Quiet, Rash or Bashful:
She must evolve into Espeon. She may only use Special Attacks, as well as moves that boost her Special Attack. To evolve, she must solo 10 trained Physical attackers, ans well as 10 in the wild

If the nature is Calm, Gentle, Sassy, Careful or Quirky:
He will evolve into Vaporeon. He cares only about balance, so must have an equal number of Offensive and Defensive moves, one of which must be Acid Armor. He must solo a Gym Leader to evolve.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Based on CJorex's post, it seems that hide tags are working again! That means that Chapter 5 of my Platinum 5D5M Scramble has been integrated into the original post.

Okay, on with the challenges.
You get a variable challenge for your starter. First, roll a die to determine the species.
1 or 4: Snivy
2 or 5: Tepig
3 or 6: Oshawott

Second, roll a die again to determine the number of Pokémon in Aspertia Gym that you cannot use STAB moves to attack.

Third, flip a coin. If heads, it must solo every Rival encounter. If tails, it is under a permanent Torment effect.

Fourth, flip a coin again. If heads, it can evolve immediately both times. If tails, it must wait until it learns its next level-up move to evolve (i.e. it must wait until Level 19 to evolve into its second form and Level 39/40/41 (depends on your starter) to evolve into its third form).

Finally, roll a die to determine its nickname and attached restriction.
1: Strategist must always use a non-attack the instant it is sent in.
2: Honorbound, once switched in, cannot switch out unless it or its opponent dies.
3: Berry Man (or BerryWoman if it's female) must hold a Berry whenever possible.
4: Unbound has no attached restriction.
5: Flirt must lead every encounter with a Trainer of the opposite sex (unless this conflicts with another Scramblemon's solo).
6: Colorful must have 4 moves of different types as soon as it can (these don't have to be offensive moves).

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF

You get Pollution the Grimer. This Grimer, found in the sewers, has an affinity for causing harm to everything that is clean. Thus, it can only use "Sludge" moves (Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave) on opponents that are not poisoned. This restriction is void against Poison- and Steel-types, as well as Pokes with Immunity (namely Zangoose). Before you caught it, it has not once polluted the water of the sewers and wants to experience for itself what it's like to pollute water. Thus, when faced with a Water-type, it must only use Poison-type moves and cannot switch out. It can evolve after soloing 25 Water-types this way. At the same time, you have to control its urge to pollute friendly Water-types during Double/Triple/Tag Battles, so it must not fight alongside Water-types (mainly concerning Nate/Rosa's Dewott in Nimbasa). As a final restriction, it must solo Marlon, the ultimate water to pollute.

tl;dr
- Pollution the Grimer
- Can only use "Sludge" moves (Sludge, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave) on opponents that are not poisoned (void against Poison-types, Steel-types, and Zangoose)
- When faced with a Water-type, can only use Poison-type moves and cannot switch out
- Can evolve after soloing 25 Water-types
- Cannot fight alongside Water-types in Double/Triple/Tag Battles
- Must solo Marlon

Questions/concerns? Otherwise, GL;HF

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I'm on vacation in LA. I promise to give out some good stuff soon. I've decided to start my Platinum scramble. I still have room for three more pokemon, so I'd love suggestions.

Thanks CJorex! Both eevee and grimer are accepted, they both look like really cool challenges! 3 more to go if I'm not mistaken!
I'll report on my progress in a while, I'm leaving on holidays and I won't have internet there

I will accept those challenges, CJorex, Snaquaza, and Mygavolt.

@ Snaquaza do you think you could add another restriction? I like the idea though.

And, here are my rolls and flips for Mygavolt's challenge:

6 - Oshawott
1 - one Pokemon in Aspertia gym to not use STAB against
Tails - under permanent torment effect
Tails - must learn next level up move to evolve (19 and 41)
6 - Colourful (must have 4 moves of different types)

3 more spots left!

Shiny Dratini, take Shadow the Rattata, it believes itself to be a Dark type and thus may never use or learn any move except Dark type moves. It can evolve once it learns Assurance. After that, it realizes it is a Normal Type and must learn the last 3 level up moves Super Fang, Double Edge, and Endeavor when it can, while keeping one of the Dark type moves of your choice. Since it knows it is a Normal type now, it is under the effect of Torment since it wanted to be a Dark Type. It must solo Caitlin and Grimsley.

I have done my Heart Gold Scramble, and now time for something I don't think has been done before. I call it:

The Multi Cross-Scramble!
Basically, it is where one does two or more scrambles at the same time, usually where Pokémon can be traded between one another. Pokémon can have challenges in both games. To start this 'fad' off, or to re-introduce it, ill will be doing a Heart Gold-Platinum M-Scramble. The rules are:
  • 4 Scramblemons for both games, they include 1 starter each
  • I can trade between both games
  • Ill go up to Red on HG, and Stark Mountain
  • Medium Difficulty
Give 'mons please!
Heart Gold Mons​
Rock Eater the Totodile
Rock Eater the Totodile. It can only use Bite, Crunch, and Ice Fang against Rock-types (of course, once it learns Bite). In the primary stages of your Scramble, trade it over to Platinum and have it solo Roark's Gym (BUT, you must level it up to 13 before you enter the Gym). In the secondary stages of your Scramble, have it solo Bruno's Onix, Lance's Aerodactyl, and Brock's Gym in HeartGold. This one was a bit short. Should you accept it and want me to add restrictions, let me know I don't mind.

Switch the Gastly
Alright powergo1, take Switch the Gastly. In the spirit of switching between your games, Switch must be used first to solo Morty then be transferred over where it can evolve into Haunter. As a Haunter, it must solo Fantina at the Hearthome gym. After Hearthome, it becomes homesick and must be traded back to HG, through which it can evolve into Gengar. To overcome the attachment it has to your HG character (and to therefore be used again in your Platinum run), it must prove itself in battle by soloing the five Kimono Girls at the Bell Tower. Finally, to prove its courage apart from the HG character, it must solo an Elite 4 member of your choice in Platinum.

Oak/Maple the Sudowoodo
powergo1, catch the Sudowoodo on route 36. Name it Maple if it is a female, or Oak if it is a male.
Maple/Oak has a fear of water, which you already know from using the Squirtbottle on it. Thus, it will never fight a water pokemon, until you trade it to Platinum, where it decides it must get over its fears and solo Crasher Wake's team.
Until it defeats Crasher Wake, it will not cross the ocean to go to Ciannwood City in Gold.
Since it enjoys mimicking a tree, it will learn wood hammer as soon as possible. It must also always know mimic, although if you get Maple, it can learn Attract instead.
Also, since it is a Rock-Type that mimics a tree, it wants to prove it is a sturdy tree by soloing Pryce's Piloswine and Candice's Abomasnow (to prove it's the better tree).
Finally, to prove it is not afraid of fire, it must solo Heatran.

Variety the Dratini
Is it the cross scramble that u need mons for? Also will a dratini work? If yes then take variety the dratini. Variety actually came from mt.coronet where it got tired at the dullness and left. Variety cant use the same move twice in a row and it will refuse to battle the same pokemon twice in a row. Variety also refuses to battle in consecutive gyms in one region. Glhf

Platinum Mons
Flash the Pachirisu
Take Flash the Pachirisu, for your Platinum Scramble. Flash wants to be like the superhero, and be the fastest person on earth. As such, Flash needs to concentrate on speed - to do that, he needs to know Swift to be fast, and Thunder Wave to make sure everyone else is slow at all times. In fact, you need to use Thunder Wave against any Pokemon faster than him! Flash must also be the fastest Pokemon in your party at all times, I recommend keeping him a pretty high level. Good Challenge

Fly the Piplup
Take Fly the Piplup! This Piplup believes that he will evolve into a pokemon that will learn how to fly, so he must be traded iver to HeartGold to solo Falkner to prove who's the best Flying-type! Once he learns Peck, he must use it at the beginning of every battle he participates in (Or if he learns another Flying-type move, that's fine too). When he evolves to Prinplup, he is a little discouraged that he can't fly yet, but still holds out hope that he will be able to once he evolves again. He can't learn Metal Claw, because if he is part Steel, he can't be part Flying, so Fly refuses to learn it. Trade him back to Platinum to solo Gardenia because Flying-types are supposed to defeat Grass-types easily. Then, he wants to solo Maylene because Flying-types defeat Fighting-types too. After he evolves into Empoleon and he realizes he will never be able to fly, trade him over to HeartGold immediately. This is because he is embarrassed, because he has been bragging to all his Sinnoh friends that he is going to fly one day, and now that he knows he can't, he can't face that. He must still keep using his Flying-type move, though, because he still wants his dream to come true. Once your team defeats the Kimono Girls, though, he realizes that he must face his friends, no matter how embarrassing it is. He must be traded back to Platinum to solo an E4 member of your choice. GL;HF!

Pristine the Hipoptas
I'll reserve a slot in your Platinum team, powergo1. In fact, I think I'll do that right now.

To your Platinum team I contribute Pristine the Hippopotas. Oddly, Pristine despises the sand that's constantly around it due to its ability. It also, for obvious reasons, abhors the use of sand-related attacks and refuses to participate in battles that take place in sandy areas. (Note: None of this stops Pristine from using Rock-type attacks (other than Sandstorm) or fighting in caves/mountains.) If Pristine's opponent uses a sand-based move, Pristine must clean itself and its opponent by using Water Pulse.* When you reach the Pokemon League, Pristine realizes that Bertha of the Elite Four uses a Hippowdon and decides that this could be the chance for it to prove that cleanliness trumps filthiness by soloing Bertha's Hippowdon.
*Water Pulse can be found in the Ravaged Path.
Good luck!

Vice Versa the Houndour
@powergo1 You get Vice Versa, the Houndour. Whilst with it's original trainer, Houndour is determined to show that not all houndours are as devilish as they seem, and thus will avoid using moves it deems as 'evil' - this includes all dark, ghost and poison moves, any move capable of causing a burn, as well as Frustration, Dream Eater and Rage. It also wants to show off it's lighter side, so must learn and keep Solarbeam in its movepool as soon as possible.
However, when traded to Heartgold, it gets so angry at being seperated from it's original trainer that it becomes aggresive and angry. It may only use moves in the above list (any moves not on the list cannot be used, including Solarbeam, Sunny Day, and any Fire move which cannot burn), and it will refuse to take any items from it's trainer - so it cannot be healed with items, nor may it hold items in battle. In addition, when switched in, it will refuse to switch out until it either wins or faints, even if the opponent sends out another pokemon.
In Platinum, Houndour must show off it's goodness by defeating at least half of any Team Galactic members pokémon each time they are encountered after he is caught. In Heartgold, he must show off his devilish nature by defeating at least half of any Gym Leaders pokémon solo for each he encounters after being traded over. He will also refuse to fight fellow hellraisers such as Team Rocket and the rival.
Houndour must be traded to Heartgold version after every gym badge obtained in Platinum, and can be traded back to Platinum after the next gym badge is obtained (again, in Platinum version).

Last edited:
SoulSilver Scramble Part 5:
This is the part where way too much stuff opens up but none of it is actually worth talking about.

With the 4th badge down, Aquaphobia and I left to hunt down the various Water-type trainers around Johto, but the main focus was in the Union Cave. We caught a Lapras there for the personal collection, as wellas figured out the deeper mysteries of the Ruins, including our last companion, Shadow the Smeargle. Shadow is going to learn the missing required moves around Blackthorn, so until then, he'll have to make due with a single move, while slowly collecting points. In the meantime, we headed to the Lake of Rage to not only capture a Red Gyarados, but to get the Red Scale, then took the scale to Mr. Pokemon for the Experience Share to give to Cosmic.

On the way to Olivine City we encountered Raikou, which was somehow outsped by a level 25 Bayleef. Why. At Olivine, Hugh was venting out his rage over the Gym Leader being in the Lighthouse. Battling our way up (And down a window), Jasmine demands medicine because the light is broken.

Then riding to Cianwood for the medicine, as well as the Gym there. Cotton got to show off by dropping the Gym Leader in... 5 turns. Well, that's was a massive waste of a Gym Leader.

After that, Chuck's wife gave me the HM for Fly, which teaches Fly to Fly so I can fly on Fly. A very welcome upgrade to his rather lacking moveset.

Next, cue Suicune and Eusine. "I'll battle you as a Trainer to earn's Suicune's respect". How about you don't. I have this nagging feel from all the way back from Crystal on how he brutally decimated me, and he isn't rebattleable. And as much as I'd like to say it's because Thunder is devastating, I think it was his Haunter. Nevertheless, Fly and Meanie took him down this time around.

After this, take the cure to the Jasmine, and go on another hunting spree with Aquaphobia, this time taking every last trainer out on Route 41. The only remote challenge was the 2 Gyarados of Ronald, but those got Frozen 3 times.

After this it was time to go raid the Rocket Hideout at Mahogany. "Hyuck-hyuck-hyuck" sums that up perfectly. There's one other grunt here who thinks he's Dirty Harry and literally says "do you feel lucky, punk?"

Eventually we reach Petrel, he gets mowed down like the mook he is, and right after comes Mars. Wait no, Ariana. Then Lance chimes in on how a two-on-one battle is unfair. Says the guy with a terribly underleved Dragonite or two or five. Though, Hugh lost to this guy and whined about bleeding hearts or something. I'd beat him. We blow the base up and Lance allows us to go over wild water.

Well, with the fifth badge, Whirlpool in hand, we are done for the nightday.

Team so far:
  • Meanie the Bayleef, level 31
  • Fly the Pidgey, level 28
  • Cotton the Flaaffy, level 29
  • Aquaphobia the Poliwhirl, level 34
  • Cosmic the Ledian, level 32
  • Shadow the Smeargle, level 28

See here for the various restrictions on the team

Well that was a giant ordeal. All the stuff before Cianwood took ages to do, but it just has nothing worthwhile to talk about, so I went a bit further. Next time, I guess we'll get two badges though.

Last edited:
First off, I have finally accomplished what I need to outside of the Scramble community, so now I can get back to my Platinum 5D5M Scramble in peace. Now, on with the stuff you actually care about...
I have done my Heart Gold Scramble, and now time for something I don't think has been done before. I call it:

The Multi-Scramble!
Basically, it is where one does two or more scrambles at the same time, usually where Pokémon can be traded between one another. Pokémon can have challenges in both games. To start this 'fad' off, or to re-introduce it, ill will be doing a Heart Gold-Platinum M-Scramble. The rules are:
  • 4 Scramblemons for both games, they include 1 starter each
  • I can trade between both games
  • Ill go up to Red on HG, and Stark Mountain
  • Medium Difficulty
Give 'mons please!
I'll give a mon or two for this Scramble, but before I do that, I have to ask: does one user give a Scramblemon for both games, or just one Scramblemon for one game? If it's the latter, then choose one of the two.

Rock Eater the Totodile. It can only use Bite, Crunch, and Ice Fang against Rock-types (of course, once it learns Bite). In the primary stages of your Scramble, trade it over to Platinum and have it solo Roark's Gym (BUT, you must level it up to 13 before you enter the Gym). In the secondary stages of your Scramble, have it solo Bruno's Onix, Lance's Aerodactyl, and Brock's Gym in HeartGold. This one was a bit short. Should you accept it and want me to add restrictions, let me know.

Snugleaf the Turtwig (poking fun at the billion Snivy challenges named Smugleaf). It must use Withdraw every time it is sent out because it wants to be snug. The second part of its name, leaf, means that it must have Razor Leaf or Leaf Storm. It must also learn Rest ASAP (the TM of which can be found in the Goldenrod or Veilstone Game Corner, whichever one you prefer). The last move is your choice. As a final restriction, it must solo Whitney in HeartGold and Gardenia in Platinum because they seem to have the comfiest gyms in their respective regions.

If you have any questions/concerns, please let me know.

Mygavolt, ill accept the HG Scramblemon, so everyone has a chance to give me a pokemon, but ill keep the Pt starter in reserve, in case there isn't one. But. thanks for the challange

Super Saiyan, I will take that challenge although that Rattata will be super annoying to raise, and I'll probably have to use FEAR to get by Grimsley's Scrafty.

Thanks Snaquaza, I'll look forward to it.

I'm still looking for 2 more pokemon for my run!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)