Mario Kart Mafia (NOC) END: VILLAGE WINS

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
@cxinlee can you at least look at some of Celever's posts and comment on them before voting? A bandwagon vote coming from someone who has made absolutely no read on him is not going to apply much pressure.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Ok, time for my reads.

1. Celever - Hi Celever!! Since people are probably expecting me to say stuff, I guess I'll start with you. It's easier since you're at the top of the player list. ;)

Alrighty, so from what I can tell, is that Celever is still her newbie self since the last Mafia game (i.e. LoZ:TP or w/e it was Mafia). Making mistakes and false assumptions very very quickly. However one thing I noticed is that since she had experience from her last game, it's almost as if she had the gall to act like she knew shit. That's why I ranted about her in my tl;dr post. I don't think I need to put any more content out on her. At this time I will say: Moderate Scum Read. Yes this is a mild scum read. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt just enough, even though she rammed barty hard with pressure. At this time it's too early to assume who is what just yet unless they say something extremely out of the ordinary. I am still concerned that she hasn't answered any of Spiffy's questions quite yet.

2. Solar Vapor - Shining Latios eh? Looks like that name change+avatar change has thrown me a curve ball. I can expect the usual SL plays here then? Here's hoping he is bribed with pics of LS and posts when he's silenced. :p
But honestly though, I can't really tell from what SV has posted thus far if he is village or mafia. He seems to be riding the current and only making posts whenever his name pops up or whenever there seems to be something he thinks is relevant to himself that is being discussed. Null Read.

3. Metal Sonic - Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic...wow. Honestly I hope this kind of play/attitude continues. I swear when I read your first few posts, I instantly thought to myself: "Who is this little shit?" Well in any event, on to your playstyle. I can still see remnants of your annoying #1 Scumhunter style, but at least it isn't blatant, which makes it extremely bearable. My issue with you only lies in your little thing with Jalmont. That vote was unusual and a little uncalled for. I can sort of see where you were coming from but still, as much as you said you don't baselessly toss around votes, I'd argue otherwise, just not nearly as much as some other users (see: Celever). I will say that you have been posting consistently, but mostly one-liners with little content. I'm hoping you will remain consistent in posting, but with a little more effort. One-liners are good and all as long as they provide a point, but I'm afraid that won't be true for some users who misread things like crazy. Mild Town Read.

4. Spiffy - Probably the most active and most productive player. I don't think I need to say much here except that I would like to hear your thoughts on BtB/Myself, especially my tl;dr post. Strong Town Read.

5. Houndoomsday - Reactionary player. It looks like he's an eager beaver and is willing to jump on most of the "logical" bandwagons. Disregarding his whole deal with MS, I think that him voting BtB was rather unusual, yet not unusual at the same time considering the things BtB was saying. What's funny is that he's one of the players who decides that lynching a POWER ROLE is logical. So far this guy has been one of the biggest parrots I have seen itg. Mostly copying what others said before him. He occasionally posts one-liners. Although I haven't seen any posts that buddy anybody in particular, I can't say for sure that he's scum at this time. I have noticed that there is some slight nudging towards Celever to shape up in her posts, although it doesn't actually look like it. I may be looking into it a little deeply though... Very Mild Scum Read.

8. Acklow - Hi Acklow! Yo wassup? Not much, just hanging. Cool deal mang, just let me know if you feel annoyed again. Yeah sure brah. You do need to calm your tits tho, you got pretty pissed earlier didn't you. Yeah I admit I did. Ok, cool man, well I hope things shape up for you and you actually can pick of some mafians this game. Yeah thanks mang. No probs. Town.

12. cxinlee - Sub for Firemage. From what I have read from his posts, he has been constantly saying he isn't sure what to say about certain players (Celever, barty the beetle, Metal Sonic, and Snaquaza). He votes BtB, then unvotes, then puts a pressure vote on Celever, even though there's more than enough pressure on Celever... I find it interesting that he thinks that either I (barty the beetle) or Jalmont are mafia, but our both being mafia is mutually exclusive. As for Firemage himself, before he subbed out he actually voted Celever. Probably one of the first few players to get onto Celever's case bar Spiffy. Null Read.

Getting a little tired and I have work early tomorrow. I'll do some more reads tomorrow. It takes way too much effort to go through 6 pages of content to try to analyze EACH FREAKING PLAYER's content. Dammit this is the only reason I never liked subbing into NOCs...

@Snaquaza is scum i have no idea why he is summarizing the game i don't need a summary when i can just read through the game

@cxinlee you say most of my posts are "very scum" but you only give one example which incidentally is the only thing firemage refuted. welcome to smogon mafia though! what does "most of their posts are not pro-town mean"?

there's no point in explaining previous behavior especially because 1. you can't 2. you waste time that could've been spent contributing by posting opinions on others mainly because people are already predisposed to a certain outcome, meaning, if they thought user A was scum and then user B subbed in for user A, user B explaining those actions only reinforces that scum belief. i actually learned this the hard way :/

i would vote for snaquaza but marquis is a bro so i just can't (for now ehehe)

@Spiffy mad

NOC day 1s should be 5 days max, 3 days min but I'm not the host so you have to take what you can get. imo w/ unlimited time as long as activity is good it doesn't really matter how long you "pressure" someone

can't wait for snaquaza's reads - those will pretty much reafirm my scum read on him

houmsdoomday's stock is rising - i'm picking him to be a winner atm

is this twitter o.o

maybe i will try reading the tl;drs tomorrow

Well most of your posts haven't been that helpful imo, but at the same time my posts aren't very helpful too. I think I might be overreading like celever said >.<. Anyway right now I think it might be snaquaza and since I have my vote I will

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FOR GOODNESS SAKE PEOPLE STOP VOTING.

We don't know where some of the Mario Crew is at with their L-[numbers], if we fling votes around immediately the mafia could probably stealth us. The only thing I have taken from this so far is Marquais is probably noob mafia, I doubt it is going to tell him Night 0 that someone is a member of the Bowser Boys, so he is probably trying to fling accusations himself.

Either Marquais has no idea what is going on or he is trying to take the 'noob to clean himself' route that I admittedly took to a lesser extent last game (even though I was village). I say that we all take our votes off and do what people do on these days, I know that was all for fun but it seems like Aura Guardian and I are the only people with sense in this game.

Ignore or just lynch Marquais for now, simple as that.

I see this as a nooby post of Celever as of which you can’t know anything as it is really something for him to do this.

The following posts is just Spiffy naturally telling he is wrong.

Okay guys, I’d like to begin this game with a foreword to all of you.

I’ve received (a lot) of negative feedback about the way in play in games, and I genuinely feel very dejected and discouraged by these rancid remarks. In fact, I felt very heartbroken when I saw this

fat Vonfielder said:

I really wouldn't mind if Metal Sonic left smogon too to be honest

… which is obviously attributed to my mafia play.

And then I see this…

fat woodchuck said:

jumping in to say fuck metal sonic and his #1 scumhunter bullshit

, it makes me feel so sad to know that my playstyle is unappreciated

All I am trying to do is to be a great scumhunter and lead the town to victory, is that so bad? I’ve hunted and nailed down 2/3 of all the scum immediately even at Day 3, which is rather early; is that so bad? All I’ve been doing is to help town win, it’s not entirely my fault when unfortunate circumstances happen; I’ve done the best I can.

I am very sad to hear this, so I tell you what; I’m quitting the role of #1 scumhunter. THAT’S RIGHT, NO MORE #1 SCUMHUNTER BULLSHIT.

I’m just going to be an ordinary townie; an ordinary civilian. I’m not taking a lead role anymore, I’m stepping down to “political pressure” and just going to be an ordinary town citizen and not be obnoxious or whatever.

I’m still going to hunt scum, don’t worry. But you all are going to have to find another #1 scumhunter to replace my spot, and worthy candidates are [Aura Guardian, Spiffy, Jalmont and Woodchuck]. Go find your #1 scumhunter this game.

With a new avatar, and a new forum, comes a new me.

I’m going to be extra lame and ordinary from this game onwards. See what you’re gonna do when I step down. Bah.
Well great action Metal Sonic, as I already said you could be mafia not be wanting to get votes as he normally gets much this way, but currently I’ll keep this as good from you to do. (Later in the game if he acts more suspicious, here can be looken back on)

In general: Ok, my concentration is mostly frazzled, but I can probably say a fair bit of small stuff if I don't look at the thread wholistically.

@Marquis, post #13: Though I'm fairly sure you vote was a troll, I'm not RVSing because adding even more votes to the pool would be redundant - there has been enough to stir up conversation already.

@Celever, post #15: No, let them stealth early-game. It would give away many of them, and hand us an easy victory.

@Celever, post #20: Bad tactics early game because of RVS. (Redeemed with post #32, sort of, I guess...)

@Celever, posts #22, 25, and 27: Wait, how do you not know what RVS is after Twilight Princess/RNG NOC?

@Blackhawk11, post #33: Thank you.

Overall: Metal Sonic's behavior seems a little... off. I can get most of it, but my concentration's starting to come back, and a wholistic view just seems a bit... wrong.

As for Marquis, posts #6 and 8: Uh... I'm really tempted to vote him for that. Claiming Jalmont is a BB in his PM is either a brilliant play (not likely), or a downright horrible play (likely). ... Marquis, do you stand by that claim Jalmont is mafia, or was it a joke (asking because I want it on the record)? There is likely a follow-up to this.

FoS on: Marquis (most, because seriously, what?), Celever (acting a bit noobish in a little scummy way, then calling it out in post #32, which is, aside from the noobish thing, how I went through most of Twilight/RNG NOC), Metal Sonic (least, just seems a bit off)

Still not voting yet, though, but if I did, it would probably be for someone who hasn't posted much (my excuse is the game started near night for me).
Well not much comments on this, I don’t know about the Blackhawk part, but that is since I don’t know his play very well and as comment on what Marquis did for me, I assume he just wanted to start the RVS to not have lots of random posts like ‘it started’. I just think that we can’t say much about Celever yet as his noob play obstructs our view on him, but probably if he wants to do something for mafia, he will do things in a different way, so I believe we’ll see it then.

not voting yet as enough pressure is being thrown around but ms seems to be acting weird. bringing outside stuff in and all that. not suspicious enough to warrant any votes but it just seems a little sketchy and ill be keeping an eye on him

marquis post seems like an excuse to stir up lynches, and again im not voting because i dont have a good enough reason but i am very close and any weird behavior will definitely warrant a vote from me.

barty made a solid post but i dont know what to think of him yet

celever seems to be really defensive about lynching people but that isnt a big deal this early. later on obviously it will become much more important. right now though its probably just 'rather safe that sorry' as we basically have nothing to work off of. also we could subscribe to threads on the old forum which was roughly the same thing but no alerts.

but yeah my FoS is basically Aura Guardian's at the moment (marquis, ms, celever in that order) but its too early to do anything too bold imo.
Well I can understand the no voting part and Marquis probably just voted to get started with the RVS.

Well I don’t really agree about barty’s post, it basically said nothing, it was good job Metal Sonic and Marquis could be BB and MS so just could be anything.

Well I’ve given on my opinion on Celever for now, so I don’t make more comments on him. The FoS (not vote) is on Aura Guardian, maybe for more posts, maybe he thinks he is suspicious, but he doesn’t want to say that apparently.

thank you marquis for doing such a good job of explaining yourself. now that i know some of your reasoning my suspicions have been somewhat averted, and feel confident in unvote.

now you asked for some reasoning of my suspicions of ms. while i dont have solid evidence (again its early as hell, so we dont have much to work with beyond reactions), something about his post just raises a few red flags. first of all, from watching him interact on the forums, i simply dont believe he would back down from his "persona" if you will. ive noticed from previous mafia games and other non-circus maximus postings he is very stubborn. i simply dont believe because of some namecalling he decides to completely shift how he acts. then he keeps claiming how he is just vanilla town and not number 1 scumhunter, which is suspicious because a) he seems to be trying hard to convince us he is town, and b) by stepping down he is hurting the village, and despite what people may think hes pretty damn good at scumhunting, and i dont really see a reason for stepping down from that role. again i cant really put my finger on what specifically is tipping me off but i just refuse to believe he would step down if he was truly village.

by solid post by barty i just meant it was a well thought out, vanilla reasoning that i really didnt have an opinion on but just wanted to let him know it was good work. i was refering to his first post, not any future ones.

the reason why i voted you in my second post was pretty clear- it was a temporary vote that i would lift up once you explained some of your thoughts to me, hence why i lifted it.

ill go ahead and analyze a few other people while im at it

jalmont: seems to be panicking a bit over the lynches (probably because they were aimed at him), especially in the last post, but hasnt actually contributed much, which he attributes it to the game just beginning or whatever, which is a little hard to believe seeing as we have plenty of talk already.

celever: seems to be playing noob-cautious (STOP VOTING OR MAFIA WILL STEALTH!!!!!) which is a little weird because iirc celever has played in at least a couple of previous games, again still suspicious

marquis: seems to be defensive because everyone started lynching, im still detecting a bit of scum (ill surely be attacked because of this now), but he has enough pressure on him that im fine unvoting.

barty: looking back he hasnt done much besides make an informative post about whether to vote or not. the rest was just small talk that doesnt help the village at all. it seems weird to me that 2/3 post were stuff like "sorry ms" and "eagle is scum lol", when again we still have plenty of discussion topics

auraguardian: he and i are getting mostly the same reads, so i cant see him being that scummy. he hasnt posted much though (not a criticism because he posted quality), so i just cant analyze much

solar vapor: good knowledge of mafia but i would like him to post some more detailed stuff, he has posted 1-2 sentences a post pretty much. a little sketch just from a lack of posting but nothing outright suspicious. good on him for calling me out though (ironically i may vote just to get him to post some reads)

spiffy: fairly neutral/slight town postings, everyone seems to be riding his dick for whatever reason because he really hasnt posted much meat, another potential vote but w/e, and while i have other people to vote i do want him to post so more detailed stuff.

firemage:

alright then, vote Solar Vapor. Please give me a couple reasonable scumreads.
Well, wasn’t this part about Metal Sonic what I was saying, although I thought no one brought it up yet >_<

Now on the analyzes of him

Well the Jalmont part seems good, the Celever part I already commented on, as well as the BtB part, I can’t say much about Aura Guardian, I agree with calling Solar Vapor out as he didn’t contribute too much at the part of this post, now he says it, I do see that most of Spiffy’s post have been explenations, but I won’t think he is scum yet.

(yay the first BtB post that says something, although I’ll probably repeat what people said already, I can’t help that if I comment 5 pages after)

Of course, I can actually understand why you see my "passive backseat cheerleading" as an efficient attempt of, if I was a BB, to both clean myself and attempt to provide someone who ties the town together, and therefore leading into a role which makes it easier for a possible BB to both survive until the end and as a result, win while nobody actually would suspect me of being a BB. Of course, this is all hypothetical. The main difference between this and the truth is that I read nowhere in my role PM of being a BB.

Another of the primary reasons you have written for the suspicion against me is how I've not done "any interactions or pro-town actions of his own", and although the fact that my only mafia experiences are through the underground mafia and the StarCraft 2 custom game Mafia, I've not done much such attempts to make any sort of alinment analysis before. However, as an attempt to put my perspective on what I can see from the posts currently made, I will do my best to make one.

@Marquis: You did make the first post today, and with the clear intention of initiating either a mass vote on a single person, or to initiate a RVS. Based on your later posts (by this, I mean the WoT above this), I see that a RVS was your goal, and you did manage to make your view on the major posts until now visible. You have gone a bit defensive after the RVS-noobiness, but I honestly consider you a MC, although this is a noobs analysis.

@Houndoomsday: You have, in my opinion, made a strong vote early in order to attempt to get more information from Marquis, which has in its own ways provided some reading that I believe to be strong. All in all, I think that your posts do not show any BB traits as of yet, but as stated earlier, I'm a noob at this and its still early in the game.

I might not have made the most detailed analysis, and it is still early in the game, but I have decided to agree with you all. Making minor votes to be lifted after a response that can aid in providing more information on individuals seems to be a plausible solution at this point in the game. The people I'd like to have a response from would be Solar Vapor and FireMage. As Houndoomsday has already provided a pressure based vote on Solar Vapor, I'll go ahead and vote FireMage, I'd like to hear what you say.

Finally, for all of you who think this might be a suspicious, sudden switch of my initial attitude, I'm still gonna provide a supportive role for us MC, but as stated above, we also need more opinional statements. I'm only trying to help us as a group.
Well first defending of mostly admitting >_< and afterwards he says Marquis had a vote at the start and that it was a RVS! That wasn’t clear at all (note the sarcasm)

Then against Houndoomsday, you say he did a good job at getting more information from Marquis.

And he gives some things he wants from others, btw, anyone seeing MS + BtB connection, I don’t know if it has been brought up, but they seem to defend / at least not vote eachother (remember this for end to ask for other reads)

By noob, I'm referring to myself.

I do see the point in what you say, and in fact, you're right. When it comes to the wording in my previous posts, I have been a bit of a idiot. And although I can easily claim to be a part of the MC, the only people sure are myself and eagle. My posts, made to attempt to unite the MC, have had the effect on you that it seems as a nooby attempt to clean myself from suspision. If someone like you, who seem to not have that many games of experience just by looking at your postcount, believes the latter to be the true story, what will then a skilled mafia player think? Of course, the posts are out. I made a mistake which can cause me to be mislynched at day 1. All because of the same reasoning you placed in your last posts.

Why, did you ask? Because I happen to be a noob, and as a result, I used the inclusive vocabulary in a way that made my position suspicious. Perhaps it would be smarter to go the "full short sentence noob way", although I'm sure it would make people like you suspect that I used it to copy from previous games, in order to clean myself.

If you consider me a BB, then go ahead. I've already done the damage to myself, and now all attempts of my trying to prove my innocence to you would only help increase the suspicion. Of course I can't claim a certain role, but I'll tell you this: If you lynch me, you will regret it.

However, if you don't lynch me, I will do my best in order to help the MC win this game. Trust me, I hope to win this just as much as you do.

I know I'm not providing any sort of direct proof that I should not be lynched, but trust me on this one; I made a mistake, and all I ask for is a second chance, which can in turn lead to a positive effect on the MC.

EDIT: I'm to go to bed now. I'll be back in about 10 hours, so please don't lynch me by then.
well BtB tries to make him look the best person as all he does is good, this is quite suspicious and he didn’t give any real reasoning besides I am a noob

Okay two things at the end for now

1. Metal Sonic and Barty the Beetle, please give detailed scumreads on eachother

2. I just realized this probably isn’t the way you meant, I came across a general small read on this page and I now realize this might be similar to a summary with comments, but I hope my comments are worth something, I thought you meant it this way. Also my reads might be the same as someone else’s one, but yea it is a bit late comment and I didn't look at other people's posts when commenting, anyway I’ll give immediate scumread oversight, but if you guys want I can continue this way till where we are too :)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
celever is male
THIS

Would post but am leaving to do some tree-clinbing, as far as I am concerned I have answered Spiffy's question. Yes, question. He is pestering me over one question which I have already answered - maybe not to the standard he expects but I have very much answered it. I have answered it AND quoted it multiple times tagging Spiffy in the process, and yes maybe I am your scum read but you have spent over 36/48 hours pestering me over one question and doing nothing else to help the town, am I the only person who finds this scummy?

@Snaquaza just post scum reads :p

Also @Acklow I apologise for making your brain melt :(

Acklow

Well the Jalmont part seems good, the Celever part I already commented on, as well as the BtB part, I can’t say much about Aura Guardian, I agree with calling Solar Vapor out as he didn’t contribute too much at the part of this post, now he says it, I do see that most of Spiffy’s post have been explenations, but I won’t think he is scum yet.

(yay the first BtB post that says something, although I’ll probably repeat what people said already, I can’t help that if I comment 5 pages after)

And he gives some things he wants from others, btw, anyone seeing MS + BtB connection, I don’t know if it has been brought up, but they seem to defend / at least not vote eachother (remember this for end to ask for other reads)

well BtB tries to make him look the best person as all he does is good, this is quite suspicious and he didn’t give any real reasoning besides I am a noob

Okay two things at the end for now

1. Metal Sonic and Barty the Beetle, please give detailed scumreads on eachother

2. I just realized this probably isn’t the way you meant, I came across a general small read on this page and I now realize this might be similar to a summary with comments, but I hope my comments are worth something, I thought you meant it this way. Also my reads might be the same as someone else’s one, but yea it is a bit late comment and I didn't look at other people's posts when commenting, anyway I’ll give immediate scumread oversight, but if you guys want I can continue this way till where we are too :)
BtB was subbed out. I already gave my reads on MS.

Acklow

Oh and my apologies to Celever. For some odd reason I thought it was established in the past that you were a chick but I guess I was wrong. Dunno why I thought that...

@Celever
These all come from post #159. Go back to that post to know the context.

Spiffy said:
What does this have to with anything?
Spiffy said:
Would you rather I allow my biggest scumread to CONTINUE being ignored by everyone? Just like you asked me to give reads on players I haven't said much on, I asked them to give a read about a player who they haven't said much on. Are you scared of other players sharing their opinion about you?
Spiffy said:
I asked you to give postular evidence, meaning: Identify the post that you find scummy and tell me why you think it is scummy. I am looking for an explanation but I cannot find it, so point it out to me.
Spiffy said:
What is your explanation for stating something that is incorrect, then?
So that's five questions there, and one more from another post...
Spiffy said:
First of all, I don't get what you mean when you say my reads were "shallow". If you're expecting post by post analysis, I don't have the patience to do it and analyzing each post individually doesn't accomplish anything. Hence, I summarized my view on each player.
There are also several statements I have made about you that you haven't refuted, but this is good for now.

And yeah @Snaquaza can you please post a list of reads like Acklow and cxinlee seem to be doing?

In response to the accusations that I have done nothing for the town other then tunnel Celever, I believe getting people to recognize his scumminess was helping the town, and I finally accomplished that. The only other thing happening was the barty fiasco, which I had already discussed why I disagreed with that. If there are any other issues that you want my input on, feel free to point them out to me.

And "not helping the town" describes over half of the game now, so please be more specific!

@Aura Guardian: No you didn't. You simply answered my question. I don't think saying "That defense you posted to my question seems lacking." is a reason. Then you go on to say you have nothing to say about everyone else as if you have no interest to identify mafia which is very scummy in my opinion. So stop acting like you've won a trophy or something.

@Woodchuck: Why do you think Celever is the scummiest person in the game right now? Is it strictly for avoiding Spiffy's question?

My top 2 scum reads at the moment are Celever and AG. Both of them have posted potential scum teams which are absolutely useless on D1. How can you already be confident in determining the scum team so early in the game? Let's not formulate bullshit like this.

I don't like that people are continually saying Spiffy is tunneling. If he thinks Celever is scum then let him do whatever he needs to do to ensure his suspicions.

Fuck @Acklow I ended up getting pics smh.

All right, @Solar Vapor, let's go statement by statement why what you said is NOT a good defense

Not supposed to defend yourself?
No, you're supposed to listen to what he said and start being useful.

Ignore it?
As above

Jalmont's usfulness:
I have already said that, counting how you defended yourself from him, he had contributed about 3x as much IMO as you had by that point.

Accused of not helping the village by someone who wasn't:
He had just started helping and was doind so more than you immediately did on being called out. Also, pot, kettle, black.

Defend yoursefl:
Yes, most certainly. But how you did so is part of why I'm asking abou the connection. Especially since what I would have done is immediately start being useful.

So, yeah, the way you did it, and the REST of your connection with him outside of that argument that I want you to explain. No, you have NOT defended yourself to my satisfaction.

Now, to answer your accusation of me: I never said I was confident about it, aside from barty, which... I still want to keep an eye on Acklow, but that was about it. And the scumreads ARE useful. Yeah, I need more data, like a lynch or two, but it's the best we've got for now. The scumreads are still useful because they provide more data for everyone to decide on, such as my opinions, a new link, maybe something they missed somehow, or something. Regardless, more data is always good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)