Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
An all-Psychic Champion? Hmm.. probably not. Although I'd like Fantina to make a return in X&Y. It's very good how they made her speak with a French accent, but they didn't make her say she was from France. It's like they had an idea of making France as a region (And was obviously going to name it something other than "France", like "Kalos").

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
An all-Psychic Champion? Hmm.. probably not. Although I'd like Fantina to make a return in X&Y. It's very good how they made her speak with a French accent, but they didn't make her say she was from France. It's like they had an idea of making France as a region (And was obviously going to name it something other than "France", like "Kalos").
Actually I don't think this is a bad shout. it would be great bit of continuity if she did appear. However, do we know which timeline X + Y is on compared to the other games? Like we know RBG -> GSC and then BW -> BW2, but the 3rd Gen games happened the same time as RBY and 4th gen same time frame as GSC correct? At least that's what I always thought.

Actually I don't think this is a bad shout. it would be great bit of continuity if she did appear. However, do we know which timeline X + Y is on compared to the other games? Like we know RBG -> GSC and then BW -> BW2, but the 3rd Gen games happened the same time as RBY and 4th gen same time frame as GSC correct? At least that's what I always thought.
Of course. Caitlin was in PtHGSS and was 14 years old. In BW2, she was 16+ and from her looks she's probably just 16-18. That would leave us with a good 10-12 years. Talking about which, I'd also like to see Darach return. That guy was cool.

News Time! Serebii:
It has been revealed by the Official Nintendo Magazine that the upcoming game show, Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, will feature a special playable demo of Pokémon X & Pokémon Y. It's not currently known what the demo contains, but it will likely be a translated version of the demo that will be in the Pokémon Game Show in Japan next week. The Gamescom demo will be playable from the 21st to 25th of August. We'll provide details as they come.
Could we finally be witnessing the final product soon?

Iiiiiiiii really dont care for this, at all

also it looks like these are more akin to forme changes, not evolutions.

Mega Mawile. Has Huge Power. Apparently, Pokemon that evolve (?) via Mega Evolution are called "Mega Forms". You know, like Mega Blaziken and Mega Lucario. I have to admit, this is the first X&Y news that's making me a little nauseous.

We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg
The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or
The Super Training facility is also showcased
Pikachu, is that you?

Last edited:
So we got what looks like a mini game (Pic below gogoat prevo), Steel/Fairy Mawile, and "MegaEvolutions"? Nice, assuming it's legit.

Edit: Might be the super training facility for the mini game i mentioned, serebii update.

MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce

Oh God kill me now. Adaptability (Mega)Lucario? Wonder if the stats will be the same, I hope they do. Oh Huge Power Mawile? Just a lazy way to sustain from making an evolution, isn't it Gamefreak?
Magic Bounce Absol seems nice too.

The quality of the "Mega" designs seems a little substandard. There's just loads of random streams coming out of their arms and heads etc. I'm just kinda hoping that these designs are fake, considering they aren't 100% confirmed. Also what the hell is that Ampharos evolution lmao

On the other hand the Gogoat prevo is cute.

MegaMewtwo? MEGAMEWTWO? All it got was little. Then again, it's weird because Serebii almost never posts fake stuff.. especially when the possible real scans, if any, are only days away.

The quality of the "Mega" designs seems a little substandard. There's just loads of random streams coming out of their arms and heads etc. I'm just kinda hoping that these designs are fake, considering they aren't 100% confirmed.

On the other hand the Gogoat prevo is cute.
The first thing that comes to mind is "messy"

all the lines and such are very wavy lined

Serebii:
A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions.
First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

Last edited:
She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions.
This sounds like a generic line from a fake rumour list to be honest.

Edit: lel Mega Stone

Wasn't it shown in the movie that Mewtwo could freely move between its normal forme and its Awakened forme? If so, the new forme can't be an evolution. That should create some doubt with the new "leaks".

Ampharos looks the most... wrong. It all reminds me of this:

Anyone remember where that pic of Double Dragonair and Atmosvere resides? I can't seem to google it, but I'm definitely getting that vibe from these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)