Robot Wars!!

Would you like to see a return?

• Total voters
If you are a Britain like me, you may have come across a programme called Robot Wars. It involves hundreds of roboteers pitting their very own robot against others until there is a winner in the Grand Final. Weapons included spinning discs, flippers, axes and many others and there were 7 series of metal mashing until the series was called off TV in 2003. What I want to know is that are there any others on here that watched it aswell and would they like a return and who was their favourites and blabla !

I would, I missed the American version back in the late 90s or so (too young to care), but catching some of it now, it'd be pretty cool to see robot fighting. Shane we're still to far from Real Steel level of robot fighting.

Motherfucking Hypno-Disc
That shithead Razor can fucking trip and shank himself in the dick.
Also mad props to Thermidor 2, Wheely Big Cheese, and motherfucking Sergeant Bash

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've never heard of it, but it looks interesting. Anywhere to see it online? Pretty sure, however, it won't top my favorite British TV show Top Gear UK (followed up by Dr. Who)

Oh god i loved that show. I've even got toys of the robots at home o.O

Hypno-Disk and Panic Attack (and chaos 2) fuk yeah. Man Hypno Disc was amazing to atch. I think I was addicted to the program, I was basically just glued to the telly watching this show.

Shunt and Matilda were my favourite house robots.

Haha I have all the robot toys except the last one, mr psycho!
Motherfucking Hypno-Disc
That shithead Razor can fucking trip and shank himself in the dick.
Also mad props to Thermidor 2, Wheely Big Cheese, and motherfucking Sergeant Bash
yeye Wheely Big Cheese was amazing

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yes.

This show was the tits. I really want to try and find DVD's of all the episodes, but I don't think they exist anywhere... I have a bunch of DVD's about certain Robots, but none for complete series and the like :(

I watched every series, BBC 2 Friday 6:45 and then it went to Channel 5 later on. British World Champions forever! :D I liked how I found out some of our UK Bots like Terror Hurtz and Bigger Brother went over to the US and smashed up a bunch of their competitions and stuff too. Brit bots were the best! :D

Wheeley Big Cheese was mint, owner of the biggest flip in history against Axe Awe where they flipped it out from the center of the arena! Tornado loosing to Diotior was a highlight of Series 5, Razer going on to finally win the British Championship was another :) As you can tell, I am a huge fan of this show and would love to go see it live, I know they still do some robot rumbles around with weapons taken off etc so its less dangerous.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Why is it that when I was reading the title I misread it for Rodan Wars?

Hypno-disc was OP

Razer was a slimy faget

And yes Craig Charles hosted it in between red dwarf and Coronation street I believe. My favourite bit was when they went into the backroom and talked to the teams about their robots.
I got the little handbook with all of the specs of the robots from 4th-6th series.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Best moment for me was when Tornado completely trolled all the Razer fans and fitted a giant frame around their robot that stopped Razer from being able to get close enough to even grab it.

The Tornado vs Razer rivalry was one of the best things in robot wars. Also Cassius. Best robot in the early wars and first ever robot to use a SRIMECH.

Edit: Yeah Poppy, Robot Wars was the best show on TV when I was a kid, along with The Simpsons and Fresh Prince.

Also Jonathan Pearce was an excellent commentator.

Nah man the robot is Barber-Ous!! Yes the plastic spinning drum with the barber shop paint. It was actually good in Series 6, progressing through till heat final but falling against the deadly Hypnodisc!! But I love the fight against Kat in round two and he also nearly got Granny out the arena in the first battle!

I got the little handbook with all of the specs of the robots from 4th-6th series.
As have I.
Me too haha
Best moment for me was when Tornado completely trolled all the Razer fans and fitted a giant frame around their robot that stopped Razer from being able to get close enough to even grab it.
Yep I remember haha so funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)