Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serebii:

Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. It's not yet known whether the Mega Stone is one specific item, or a separate one such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary in battle. It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions It also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. The translation of it indicates that this may be what we call EVs

Last edited:
Serebii said:
Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. It's not yet known whether the Mega Stone is one specific item, or a separate one such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary in battle.
It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. The translation of it indicates that this may be what we call EVs

from pokebeach's translations, some interesting things
  • Mega Evolutions have increased stats, with CoroCoro citing two examples: Mega Lucario has higher Attack and Mega Absol has higher Attack and Speed. Mega Mewtwo obviously has higher Speed as we saw in the Genesect film.
I am almost 100% certain that this means that they lose stats in other areas. The rotoms lost speed, and the Therian formes were advertised the same way (inreased stuff [does not mention the decreased anything else])

• A new area called the Master Tower is related to Mega Evolutions.
Hmm
I wonder if this is how you get Mega Stones? Or maybe an area only available to Megas? Hm hm hm

By the looks of things, Mega Stones are the item needed for mega-transformation. Blazikenite appears to be a character-specific item for Blaziken, like a Soul Dew or a Lustrous Orb, following the translated notes posted on Pokebeach.

Besides that, I have a veeery long reply regarding CoroCoro, so that's gonna wait for a few more hours. until I get it all worked out;
Has anyone thought about this generation's legendary trio?

Can we bring up some speculation/concepts for them?
The popular theory is that there will be a draconic creature based on Nidhogg, but this is based on the notion that Xerneas and Yveltal are based predominantly around Norse mythology. My pet theory is that the both of them are based on popular Japanese mystical creatures, and the third legendary should match that level of mysticism. I think the most suitable design would be a river spirit, since there is much folklore about spirits who inhabit rivers and whose health is dependent on the purity of the water that flows through their river. HOWEVER, Japanese lore depicts these river spirits as dragons already. Creating something based partially on river spirits and the rest of the inspiration from Nidhogg still gives us a dragon, so we'd continue to get the best of both worlds, assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal have those two cultural points of artistic inspiration.

Last edited:
Does anyone realize how power a megalucario can be. I did calculation.

252 atk,adaptability,adamant,choice band Lucario using Close Combat vs. 252 hp, 252 def, bold Groudon it does around 53.96%-63.86% guaranteed 2hko. And thats just normal lucario, imagine what it can do in its megalution. Instant Uber 1st day.

It says on Serebii that Mega Pokemon have stats increases. How can they do that? The cutoff for legendary (pseudo included) is 580bst. If Pokemon like Blaziken get a bst boost they will be on par with the legendaries. Perhaps, other stats will lower?

I am not likely absol's new hairdo. I mean have a sense of fashion Asbol like Ampharos. Ampharos hair is cool.

It says on Serebii that Mega Pokemon have stats increases. How can they do that? The cutoff for legendary (pseudo included) is 580bst. If Pokemon like Blaziken get a bst boost they will be on par with the legendaries. Perhaps, other stats will lower?

I am not likely absol's new hairdo. I mean have a sense of fashion Asbol like Ampharos. Ampharos hair is cool.
I feel it's almost certain that some stats will be lowered (mostly...I doubt Mawile will see a dip in stats)

Let's take Blaziken for example.
Let's say its mega form ups...I don't know...Special Attack for whatever reason.
It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that it loses some Attack or maybe even Speed (it does get Speed Boost "naturally"...) in return

In fact with Lucario specifically, I wouldn't be surprised if it got the exact same treatment as Landorus-T. 10 points from special attack & speed, those 20 points put into Attack

[Blazikenite not obtained normally]
Oh you know what

If we really don't get access to Mega until whenever we encounter the new gym leader, I bet this is a way to give access to Mega Blaziken without also giving access to every other mega.

If these are hold items, it could also double as a way to get around item clause

Does anyone realize how power a megalucario can be. I did calculation.

252 atk,adaptability,adamant,choice band Lucario using Close Combat vs. 252 hp, 252 def, bold Groudon it does around 53.96%-63.86% guaranteed 2hko. And thats just normal lucario, imagine what it can do in its megalution. Instant Uber 1st day.
Of course you completely ignored the fact that MegaLucario is item locked and can't use choice band, so that knocks it down a chunk.

Edit: Of course I hope that enough stat boosts/rearrangements to make the Megas worth using considering Item lock.

Serebii states that Blaziken utilize Blaziken Knight as well as Mega stone. So there's potentially two held items related to mega evolution.

About the new Pokemon, I'm happy that two of them get PickUp as one of their abilities. I may use one of them to get lots and lots of (new) items.

About the new Pokemon, I'm happy that two of them get PickUp as one of their abilities. I may use one of them to get lots and lots of (new) items.
About the new Pickuppers, does anyone have an idea concerning "Cheek Pouches"? I'm hoping it's a "have to eat this to use the other item" ability. Like eat a berry, and hold the other stored item.

So this is the new mechanic of gen 6. Digivole.

Funny that Sylveon is the poster child for the new fairy type and mewtwo is for mega-evolution. How did we not see it coming. Mega two does not gain a fairy type it is psychic type only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)