Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Another confirmed Mega-voloution. Parental Bond as its new ability.

More from Serebii: "With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team."
If this picture is to be believed, it pretty much destroys the rumor that cubone is a baby kangaskhan. Finally, people will stop believing that dumb rumor

Another confirmed Mega-voloution. Parental Bond as its new ability.

More from Serebii: "With the official Japanese site update, a small note came out regarding further clarification on the Mega Evolutions. Within this site, it details that with Mega Evolutions, you can only have one Mega Evolution Pokémon in battle. It's not known whether it's talking about all of the battle, or just within your team."
Wow. This is..........kinda ridiculous. If they wanted to put baby Kangaskhan in the game, why didn't they just make it a
prevo or something? I dunno, it's just that something about having two Pokemon count as one just seems a little
nonsensical to me.

If anything it makes it more believable, The mother dies in battle, the baby grows dark and takes the mothers skull. The evolution path then changes for that mon

Ok, let's try to agree on something.

Calling stuff MegaKangaskhan and MegaBlaziken is ridiculous.

So, let's go with:
Megakhan
Megapharos/L'Oreal
Megakin
Megacario
Megasol
Megawile
Megatwo

It makes HyperBeam Giga Impact viable on Kangaskhan assuming that there would only be one turn of delay per double attack.

Last edited:
It makes HyperBeam viable on Kangaskhan again assuming that there would only be one turn of delay per double attack.
(Actually Giga Impact) A technically-450 Base Power attack per two turns? Sounds like a worse pre-nerf Explosion

So a mega evolution could really be anything? Alright, well I'm waiting for Cloyster to come out of his shell, and Shedinja to reveal the secret in his back.

Dear god help us all, what kind of horrific legion of death residing inside of Spiritomb would be released in a mega evolution?

EDIT: Anyone else see the Braviary Sky Dropping something to death?

Hopes for MegaWeavile rising...

Also, that Double Tap ability MegaKahn gets is going to be absolutely sick for status-lowering moves or stat boosting moves.

But then the Mega Stones were revealed. These allayed pretty much every fear I might have had about these Pokemon. Yeah, they're powerful, but they have to forgo held items to use these formes, which could be crippling. They might have powerful abilities and higher attacking stats but if they can't use Choice Band or Life Orb most lose offensive potency; the Mega Pokemon who subverts this the best is Mega Lucario who's confirmed to have an increase in Attack and Adaptibility, which makes up for item-based power but only on its STABs. I feel like, more than anything, they become an interesting alternative to the normal Pokemon that has simple, bland power to make up for other versatility they might otherwise happen.
I'm actually reading in some places saying you'll be limited to one Mega Evolution in battle at any time. The wording isn't too clear so it may mean you can only have one Mega evolution per team, or if it's referring to doubles only one Mega Evolution active at any time.

One thing is for sure though and that is Gen 6 will revolve around Mega Evolutions.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Yeah, I'm thinking that baby Kangaskhan won't hit nearly as hard as the mama Kangaskhan, maybe 50% of the damage dealt. If this is the case, I'm curious about the order in which they attack. Baby Kangaskhan could break Substitutes, and mama Kangaskhan would do normal damage. Breaking Focus Sash would also be helpful.

If it's like Huge Power, then I'd definitely expect it to move up a couple tiers (base 95 Atk is pretty damn high to be boosted by Huge Power). SubCM users be afraid!

The thing I love about MegaKangaskhan is that the baby practically evolves like an in-training digimon who can't hold it's rookie form.
Don't give me that look, I'm just sayin

Parental Bond appears to work in the manner that Kangaskhan and Kangaschan use the same attack together. If Kangaskhan uses Mega Punch, Kangaschan would use Mega Punch as well on the same turn. To theorize further, MegaKangaskhan's Atk would theoretically be the combined Atk level of two Pokémon...
Prolly not broken.

Seeing how we officially got 3 Megas yesterday and 1 today, could this mean we might get like a Mega per day until release?
I got a feeling that Mega Kangaskhan was this month's Honedge, the standalone Pokémon that was revealed separately from everything else this month.

Last edited:
If Parental Bond really makes it so the baby copies the move of its mother we could see really interesting movesets. For instance Crush Claw over return for that 50% chance to reduce def, Bulldoze..

Also what about Roar? If it switches 2 Pokemons a turn it could be absolutely amazing for teams using heavy entry hazards.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If Parental Bond really makes it so the baby copies the move of its mother we could see really interesting movesets. For instance Crush Claw over return for that 50% chance to reduce def, Bulldoze..

Also what about Roar? If it switches 2 Pokemons a turn it could be absolutely amazing for teams using heavy entry hazards.
Dey brok Kanga bad, gaise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)