Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lé Video Footage :p
so from what I could gather...all Mega Khangaskhan is the Baby becoming a "rookie"?
Interesting...now it's MORE like Slowbro/Slowking in terms of "Pokeunison"...as in two Pokemon together make each other stronger.
This game...MY GOD...OCTOBER, Y U SO FAR AWAY!?!?

Ok, so it uses the attack twice by doubling the base power of the technique? Oh no wait, the video was snipped so it doesn't show the second punch.
Either way, MegaKangaskhan will always deal an effective power of double the usual attack.
Can you say AMAZAAAAAH.

Last edited:

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Two hundred songs? damn.
I'm going to guess there are songs for Morning, Afternoon, and Night for each Route and Town since they seem to have done-away with Seasons.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they brought back the World Tournament and all the songs that came with it.
I would hope there would be slight variations on the Wild/Trainer Battles themes based on where you are on top of the Wild Double Battle and Horde Battle themes.

BW2 had around 170 songs so it's not too crazy for X/Y to have 200.

When it says that only one pokemon can megavolve per battle, does that mean between you and your opponet or just on your team? That would be interesting if it was the former, if your opponet megavolves first then you're left with a useless item on your luke/blaziken

When it says that only one pokemon can megavolve per battle, does that mean between you and your opponet or just on your team? That would be interesting if it was the former, if your opponet megavolves first then you're left with a useless item on your luke/blaziken
It's only one on your team in all likliehood
They have the big MegaMewtwo vs MegaLucario artwork, and something that big would probably be listed under strategies

Even though we don't know the stat changes, doesn't this make MegaKangaskhan stronger than every single physical attacker in Gen V? (Unless baby Kangaskhan's attacks are weaker)

It literally turns every pokémon she could at least 4HKO in Gen V into mere checks. She could even 3HKO Specially Defensive Skarmory with Double-Edge after SR

Last edited:
EDIT 2: Calcs are right, I was just using Double-Edge as placeholder and did custom damage (doubled Return = 204).

If this is essentially doubling the power of attacks, I don't think Crush Claw would be worth it over Return (or Double-Edge for that matter). Return is doing so much damage I don't think it's necessary (and a risk even at 50%). Anyone curious what Return can do? Here are a few calculations:
  • 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Kyurem-B: 276-325 (60.79 - 71.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 190-225 (53.67 - 63.55%) -- 85.94% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 189-223 (45 - 53.09%) -- 0.39% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Return vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 307-363 (80.57 - 95.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Return vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Cloyster: 144-171 (47.52 - 56.43%) -- 31.25% chance to 2HKO
Erm, yeah, this is a nuke. At 270 speed it outspeeds all of these, too. Keep in mind that it has access to elemental punches. For instance: 252+ Atk Kangaskhan Fire Punch vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 166-196 (50.76 - 59.93%) -- 85.94% chance to 2HKO. SubPunch w/Sucker Punch and Return might work as well. Basically, nothing can switch into this safely and revenge killing is the only option. The latter claim obviously hinges on whether or not Mega evolutions have a turn-limit. Still, it'd be a pain to switch around while possibly taking residual damage until that occurs.

Finally, keep in mind this is superior to Huge Power, as boosting the base damage of a move affects the damage calculations more than simply doubling the Attack stat.

I'm curious what the fans who drove the fiction of Cubone's origins are going to think now that baby khan is out of the pouch.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Even though we don't know the stat changes, doesn't this make MegaKangaskhan stronger than every single physical attacker in Gen V? (Unless baby Kangaskhan's attacks are weaker)

It literally turns every pokémon she could at least 4HKO in Gen V into mere checks
Only if Kangaskhan-M keeps its base Attack and its baby's moves do the same damage. No way in fuck that's going to happen, as it would essentially be a better Huge Power (breaking Subs and resists berries). If anything, it's going to have half the strength behind it, so... Max Atk Kangaskhan will have 95 Base = 317 stat x 1.5 = 475 stat = 167 Base Attack with 30 IV.

...Jesus, that's still too high. Maybe it's a 30% "boost"?

95 Base = 317 stat x 1.3 = 412 = 138 Base

Ehhhh. 105/138/80/40/80/90=533. Might work.

Finally, keep in mind this is superior to Huge Power, as boosting the base damage of a move affects the damage calculations more than simply doubling the Attack stat.
How come? According to the main site, the damage formula is

BaseDamage = ((((2 × Level) ÷ 5 + 2) * BasePower * [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50 + 2

It seems to me boosting either the BP or the Attack does the same thing.

Number of posts per page went from 50 to 25.
Booo, who'd have ever wanted that

Only if Kangaskhan-M keeps its base Attack and its baby's moves do the same damage. No way in fuck that's going to happen, as it would essentially be a better Huge Power (breaking Subs and resists berries). If anything, it's going to have half the strength behind it, so... Max Atk Kangaskhan will have 95 Base = 317 stat x 1.5 = 475 stat = 167 Base Attack with 30 IV.

That's without considering the moves' behaviour. Are they treated as multihit attacks (If one misses, the other one misses too) or can baby Kangaskhan's attack hit while MegaKanghaskhan's doesn't? Can each move trigger its secondary effect? (Thank Arceus she doesn't learn Scald)

There are a lot of questions now

How come? According to the main site, the damage formula is

BaseDamage = ((((2 × Level) ÷ 5 + 2) * BasePower * [Sp]Atk) ÷ [Sp]Def) ÷ 50 + 2

It seems to me boosting either the BP or the Attack does the same thing.

Booo, who'd have ever wanted that
Uh, 31 is the highest IV you can have so why did you calculate it for 30 IV?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Considering Kangaskhan's movepool is choke-full of 100% accuracy moves, I don't think that really matters.

...Unless BabyKhan's moves are set to max 50% accuracy to make up for it. Now that would suck.

Uh, 31 is the highest IV you can have so why did you calculate it for 30 IV?
Because 31 IV would have 476 Attack. I wanted to be ~accurate~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)