Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megatwo with Insomnia cannot safety switch into Darkai because it fears a super-effective stab Dark Pulse. However, Megetwo does beat Lead Darkrai one on one with Aura Sphere. In any case, Insomnia is a much better ability than what Mewtwo currently has.

Now with Megakhan... I know that in the animal kingdom, young animals have to learn how to defend themselves a

So who else is preparing their body for Mega-Weather-teams?

Teams based around weather AND setup for a mega sweep?

Mega Floatzel is going to wreck faces I'm calling it now.
Oh dear

I hadn't considered that

Megatoed, Megatales, Megadon, Megatar, Megasnow...oy vey...if any of those happen, they may need to drop the weather effects to make the game balanced, because currently the weakest part of Sun and Rain is keeping your weather starter alive. If they get Mega forms...god help us all.

Megatwo with Insomnia cannot safety switch into Darkai because it fears a super-effective stab Dark Pulse. However, Megetwo does beat Lead Darkrai one on one with Aura Sphere. In any case, Insomnia is a much better ability than what Mewtwo currently has.

Now with Megakhan... I know that in the animal kingdom, young animals have to learn how to defend themselves a
Megakhan@

So will Knock Off and Trick users become an instant commodity now? (Trick Prankster Liepard to OU on October 13th). If the item is needed and it is only an in battle effect, I assume it will work like Griseous Orb or something. Besides all this, no Mega-Pokemon can hold Leftovers, any choice item, or Life Orb. This whole Mega thing may not be TOO overpowered. I hate what they did to Ampharos, but the others actually look pretty cool (Mawile especially). I wish they would just call it what it is, though, a glorified form change (and I hate form changes).

@BlazeStar I doubt it, because Parental Bond is an ability, so it would no longer have Scrappy. Return would not affect the ghost, regardless of whether the baby's attack is typeless or not, so my bet is that the baby's attack wouldn't land, since its probably going to be a secondary effect.

Mega Kanghaskhan looks decent, but I think that the Ability will change from whatever ability she had (Scrappy, etc.) to Parental Bond.
Now that we know its effect (grants all attacking moves double attacking status), and assuming it doesn't negate the move effects, let's look at some moves that Parental Bond breaks...

Circle Throw: Oh god, can you imagine this? Being able to not only shuffle your opponent's team, but it can possibly reveal half the Pokemon on your opponent's team? And deal entry hazard damage to two Pokemon? Wow...Just wow...

Double-Edge/Giga Impact: I don't even have to explain exactly how broken these would be. 120/150 BP + STAB? You can basically OHKO almost any non-Ghost Pokemon at the cost of 1/3 to 1/2 of your own health or your next turn.

Outrage: Not as powerful as STAB Double-Edge, but it takes care of Dragons should you see one.

Stomp: Assuming the effects of Megaskhan's moves stay in effect, would the 30% chance to flinch be the same or effectively doubled?

Mega Kanghaskhan looks decent, but I think that the Ability will change from whatever ability she had (Scrappy, etc.) to Parental Bond.
Now that we know its effect (grants all attacking moves double attacking status), and assuming it doesn't negate the move effects, let's look at some moves that Parental Bond breaks...

Circle Throw: Oh god, can you imagine this? Being able to not only shuffle your opponent's team, but it can possibly reveal half the Pokemon on your opponent's team? And deal entry hazard damage to two Pokemon? Wow...Just wow...
Circle Throw would presumably wait until both attacks hit before shifting out Pokemon

So who else is preparing their body for Mega-Weather-teams?

Teams based around weather AND setup for a mega sweep?

Mega Floatzel is going to wreck faces I'm calling it now.
Man, if they are concerned with balancing all, they'll nerf weather. I keep telling myself they will, since they're concerned with dragons being overpowered. Weather is waaay too common now for my tastes. It's more important to have weather counters than dragon counters, imo.

When Sylveon was revealed, I was EV training an Eevee to become a Modest Espeon. That stopped.

Now MegaKhan has been revealed. I've been EV training an Adamant Kangaskhan for nearly a week now. GF must hate my life choices. They want my Pokemon to become better, and besides, it wasn't a Scrappy Kanga.

Last edited:
Kangaskahn's Mega is brilliant in it's simplicity. If you don't 'get' why its design is cool and fun, then I don't know what to say. However I think it's something that old school gamers will appreciate more. There's a reason why the crowd nergasmed over this Mega and it has a lot to do with game logic and other less tangible concepts like that.

I also believe it's something that only a company like Nintendo could dare to pull off in this era of gaming, because it's so subtle that most newer players wouldn't understand it, or would find it 'boring' and 'stupid' because they only assess the design and intent behind it at surface level.

However the fact that it didn't change at all is part of the reason why it's so cool. I hope that makes some sense.

Kangaskahn's Mega is brilliant in it's simplicity. If you don't 'get' why its design is cool and fun, then I don't know what to say. However I think it's something that old school gamers will appreciate more. It's 'that' type of effect.
The mega forms are supposed to introduce us to a new form of the pokemon. The pokemon being Kangaskhan. When I train a Kangaskhan and then a new generation comes out with a new "mega" form then I want it to effect the pokemon I trained, the pokemon I bonded with. This special training only effects the child. Yes the child pokemon was always there but it's not the pokemon I bonded with and fought with. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to have the child fight too, I'm only saying I would appreciate Kangaskhan in it's entirety to become "mega" as they say. It just feels as if the Parent is being ignored. I do understand what your getting at though. This is just my own personal opinion.

The animation for Mega Evolution looks cool but I can't help thinking "BURST MODE!". It is very Digimon in style, but I doubt that was GameFreak's vision. Digimon is awesome so whatever.

I wonder how they plan on distributing Mega Evolutions? They've revealed 3 from Gen3, 2 from Gen1 and 1 from Gen2. I'm going to hazard a guess and say each generation will have approximately the same amount. Will there be 60 in total or upwards of 100, or maybe less than 60?

I'm even more excited for next month's CoroCoro.

The mega forms are supposed to introduce us to a new form of the pokemon. The pokemon being Kangaskhan. When I train a Kangaskhan and then a new generation comes out with a new "mega" form then I want it to effect the pokemon I trained, the pokemon I bonded with. This special training only effects the child. Yes the child pokemon was always there but it's not the pokemon I bonded with and fought with. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to have the child fight too, I'm only saying I would appreciate Kangaskhan in it's entirety to become "mega" as they say. It just feels as if the Parent is being ignored. I do understand what your getting at though. This is just my own personal opinion.
I feel the same. Except for the fact that Casauna, my Kangaskhan, and her baby, Prissy, will be able to battle together at last. I really wish you could nickname the baby, but with obvious logic, the game won't ask you in the heat of battle "What will you name the Baby Kangaskhan?"

Seriously, I would wish to see "Prissy came out of Casauna's Pouch!" in battle however. Yet... it won't happen. I assure it. How, I wonder, will we trade from generations!? I want me some Mama Casauna in Generation VI!

Last edited:
The animation for Mega Evolution looks cool but I can't help thinking "BURST MODE!". It is very Digimon in style, but I doubt that was GameFreak's vision. Digimon is awesome so whatever.

I wonder how they plan on distributing Mega Evolutions? They've revealed 3 from Gen3, 2 from Gen1 and 1 from Gen2. I'm going to hazard a guess and say each generation will have approximately the same amount. Will there be 60 in total or upwards of 100, or maybe less than 60?

I'm even more excited for next month's CoroCoro.
We can dream for that many ~

I feel the same. Excpet for the fact that Casauna, my Kangaskhan, and her baby, Prissy, will be able to battle together at last. I really wish you could nickname the baby, but with obvious logic, the game won't ask you in the heat of battle "What will you name the Baby Kangaskhan?"

Seriously, I would wish to see "Prissy came out of Casauna's Pouch!" in battle however. Yet... it won't happen. I assure it. How, I wonder, will we trade from generations!? I want me some Mama Casauna in Generation VI!
Include it in the name man!! Causana&Prissy or something. If that even fits xD

I don't think Gamefreak ever said "The mega forms are supposed to introduce us to a new form of the pokemon." It seems to me more like Mega Evolutions are supposed to unlock unharnessed potential in a Pokemon. So far we've seen everything from stat changes to type changes to brand new abilities and mechanics changes like Kangaskhans. It's clear already that the boosts aren't intended to be the same kind of upgrades across this board with this concept. It's about bringing something unique to the pokemon, not just a boring stronger version of themselves.

Last edited:
I recently used a Miltank Rental on Pokemon SS in the Battle Factory. I must say, it is a very useful Pokemon!
It's an awesome supporter and I've always tried to include it in any team I made but sadly it's severely outclassed by other supporters like Clefable in RU or Umbreon in UU. But who knows? Maybe with Clefable becoming a Fairy type Miltank will rise in usage once again as I don't think Clefable will stay in RU next gen!

(I know this is not to be discussed here I just had to get it of my chest hahaha)

I think MegaKhan will only be able to do the same move twice and the baby's attacks power might be a bit less than the mother's.
I think that on the topic of mega's all starters are going to get them.Even if all of them aren't getting them charizard is most likely getting one or why else will it be shown on more than one trailer?
All I can say is... MegaMiltank? Please?
Miltank is a troller/tank pokemon and I'm 100% sure it is not going to get a mega evo.
Mega Kang's double hit will hit 4 times for 210 damage thanks to STAB.
Can he learn double hit?Even if he can return two times will be better than double hit because the baby might have a low attack stat so return does damage on how much the user likes the trainer.If it is at max happiness then it will have a BP of 102 or around that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)