CAP 17 CAP 6 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steel/Flying
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Water
Dragon/Steel
Fire/Steel

I've gotten really enamored with Steel/Flying because of that sexy combination of priority resistances and the oddities in the physical STAB options. Other than that, I find Ghost the most efficient typing for resisting priority, and Steel and Water come close as well. I'm not sure that interactions with Volt Switch or U-turn matter all that much. I also tend to think we need a strong typing now to avoid overcompensation in less straightforward stages.

Steel/Flying
Ghost/Water
Dragon/Steel

What I love about Steel/Flying is that, even though it can be checked, it can't get checked easily. We agreed to risking the Pokémon's survivability the moment that we picked Belly Drum as the focus of our strategy, so what we should focus on is keeping the more ubiquitous techniques from knocking out our creation, like Fighting and Ground techniques. Things like Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are more often found as coverage techniques, and if we can support ourselves appropriately, we can work around it's two weaknesses. Other than that, we don't even need STABs to function, since our +6 Atk boost will outclass any STAB out there in sheer power, so it doesn't need to rely on Bullet Punch and Aerial ace as some naysayers may think when it comes to walls trying to outlast our creation.

Last edited:
Steel/Flying
Ghost/Steel
Ghost/Water
Fire/Steel
Dragon/Steel

At first I was uninterested in Belly Drum, but now I see it as a great example of using strategy and prediction to pull off a big play. I'm getting really interested in the steel/flying possibility, bit I don't think steel/ghost should be ruled out.

Last edited:
Steel/Flying

I don't usually jump on bandwagons, but I've been won over by the arguments in favor of it in the discussion thread. Also, I don't particularly care for any of the other options.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dragon/Steel
Ghost/Steel
Fire/Steel
Steel/Flying
Ghost/Water

Being forced out by Volt Switch is a massive disadvantage towards making Belly Drum a viable move; no one wants to lose 50% of their health and lose momentum. It will force us to utilize priority in the upcoming stages, which is not optimal.

Steel/Flying
Ghost/Steel

I considered Ghost/Water as well but I really dislike the Pursuit/Sucker Punch weakness. And the possibility of Aqua Jet might promote to much Rain Dance abuse, which I feel detracts from the aim of the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)