Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed a probable issue with Mega Ampharos.

If it can only change in-battle, then it won't be able to learn Draco Meteor assuming the same mechanics to learning it still apply.
Who knows, maybe his Special Attack will be high enough to use stuff like Dragon Pulse effectively. Plus, if the Mega Stones require some sort of activation, it'll be hard to keep switching out Megampharos because of the SpAtk drop.

Now where would other facilities that were fixtures in each region that came before Kalos (the daycare, battle facilities, etc.) be located in Kalos, come to think of it? Make educated guesses based on the map of Kalos. The correct answers will be revealed in an upcoming update.

I think that the town south-east of Lumiose City is Santalune City, and the town south of that is your starting town (although it may have been stated which one it is, but I'm not sure as I don't keep up with the news very well).

I wouldn't be surprised if the castle-like structure is the battle facility (although it may be the E4 battle area). If it isn't the castle, the battle facility probably is in the stucture just south of the caste.

I think the fenced-in area just outside the town south-west of Lumiose City is the Day Care.

Also, I think that the structure near the eastern tip could easily be this gen's PWT (although I could be wrong).

I just noticed a probable issue with Mega Ampharos.

If it can only change in-battle, then it won't be able to learn Draco Meteor assuming the same mechanics to learning it still apply.
True. I've long thought Amparos should learn Tail Glow. Because, you know, it literally has a tail that can glow. So maybe Mega Ampharos will have bootable speed and will be able to learn Tail Glow, making it a viable threat. This will probably never happen, just a wishful thought.

True. I've long thought Amparos should learn Tail Glow. Because, you know, it literally has a tail that can glow. So maybe Mega Ampharos will have bootable speed and will be able to learn Tail Glow, making it a viable threat. This will probably never happen, just a wishful thought.
As awesome as it may be, it seems unlikely to me, since the Japanese name for Tail Glow is Firefly Light (hence, Volbeat). However Manaphy can learn it, so it's not entirely implausible.

Serebii has a picture of the album cover of xy soundtrack. If you look closely you can see light coming out from Mega Mewtwo's chest.

This list is an assortment of Pokemon that got trademarks for extended merchandise or something last year

They are:
Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo

Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross

Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron

Abomasnow

Because Kangaskhan, Mewtwo, Ampharos, & Absol all got megas, people believe that the rest are also getting Megas.
That's a depressingly tiny list if true, though trademarks or not I doubt it given the lack of Blaziken and Mawile. Likely for assorted stuff and not just megas.

That fucker.
Almost didn't recognize you without king bugs.

Hm.. I'm vaguely remembering another set of rumors that predicted mega mawile. They called it a mawile evolution with two mouths resembling the hair of the vocaloid Hatsune Miku. I think that came true, though perhaps anyone could have called a two mouth Mawile.

Almost didn't recognize you without king bugs.

Hm.. I'm vaguely remembering another set of rumors that predicted mega mawile. They called it a mawile evolution with two mouths resembling the hair of the vocaloid Hatsune Miku. I think that came true, though perhaps anyone could have called a two mouth Mawile.
(Everyone called two mouth Mawile as an evolution)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
You know what'd be pretty cool? If the starters' final forms were bad, but recieved mega evolutions that make them really good.

You know what'd be pretty cool? If the starters' final forms were bad, but recieved mega evolutions that make them really good.
i completly agree with the second part and wouldnt it be great if fennekins mega evolution became fighting aswell just to piss people off

No, those are bad ioeas. why would you PURPOSELY make a bad pokemon-the most likely powerhouse main game, i might add- bad to be only usable when you get an item for a gimmick?

In short: creating a pokemon to be bad, no matter the reason, is bad. Go home and study, you get a D- on the Smogon Pokemon Design Quiz.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Now where would other facilities that were fixtures in each region that came before Kalos (the daycare, battle facilities, etc.) be located in Kalos, come to think of it? Make educated guesses based on the map of Kalos. The correct answers will be revealed in an upcoming update.

I bet the Day Care is the building near the bottom of (5,5). A house with a fenced-in, inacessible back garden? Hmm....

As for battle facilities, we have the Tower of Mastery at (3,6/7). If that turns out to be unrelated to post-game battling, there is an interesting-looking building at (5,6). Even discarding that (after all, Unova's turned out to be underground), we have the mysterious railroad tracks at (14,6) or the town at (8,9). There's a bunch of possibilities.

I don't know if anyone took note of this on MegaAmpharos' caption on the official website but I feel like the wording implies that Dragon Pulse would be added to its learnset prior to the mega-evolution.

"If your Ampharos Mega Evolves, it will gain the Dragon type, giving moves like Dragon Pulse even greater effect than before"

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

Almost sounds like its saying, your Ampharos had this move before, but once you Mega-Evolve it you get STAB

I just wanted to ask but does anyone else think that mega-evolutions will only be usable post-e4? I'm sure Gamefreak could do that. Or, possibly, do you think they might make it that you need a certain number of badges to control mega-evolutions, like traded Pokemon?
Also, purely based on the fact that several legendaries and starter Pokemon from regions other than Kalos have been featured in trailers, and that the first special event is for a Torchic, do you think that Game Freak may be doing away with the Regional Pokedex all together and just have every Pokemon in the Kalos dex? Remember, the Kalos dex is split into three.

I just wanted to ask but does anyone else think that mega-evolutions will only be usable post-e4? I'm sure Gamefreak could do that. Or, possibly, do you think they might make it that you need a certain number of badges to control mega-evolutions, like traded Pokemon?
Also, purely based on the fact that several legendaries and starter Pokemon from regions other than Kalos have been featured in trailers, and that the first special event is for a Torchic, do you think that Game Freak may be doing away with the Regional Pokedex all together and just have every Pokemon in the Kalos dex? Remember, the Kalos dex is split into three.
they said a gym leader call korrina unlocks the secret to mega evolution

There probably will be a level requirement for a Pokemon to Megavolve. That said, by the time your Pokemon reach the appropriate level to Megavolve, you would have already completed the game.

The ideal level IMO is level 50.

There probably will be a level requirement for a Pokemon to Megavolve. That said, by the time your Pokemon reach the appropriate level to Megavolve, you would have already completed the game.

The ideal level IMO is level 50.
i just hope its as simple as find the stone and boom you can mega evolve and the only limitation is 1 per team otherwise limting it seems really pointless

i just hope its as simple as find the stone and boom you can mega evolve and the only limitation is 1 per team otherwise limting it seems really pointless
Not pointless. It prevents you from boom mega evolve and blow through all the gym leaders and E4 which is no fun at all.

There's a ranch in the Kalos region where you can ride Skiddo, the pre-evolved form or Gogoat.
Kinda reminds me of the lives of the docile crabs from Bionicle, except these are goats.

Dedenne has been confirmed to learn a new attack called Nuzzle.

Pokémon with the Cheek Pouches ability regain hit points as an added effect to consuming a berry in battle.
This on a Pokémon that could survive a hit with the help of a damage-mod berry...or even just using a Sitrus berry...!
They're called Ussal crabs, or just Ussals.

I guess you're assuming they'll be "taxi crabs"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)