2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interminably depressed until I checked fantasy football - who is JONJO SHELVEY FC? Fucking quality.
But yeah, christ, that was awful. Spurs away next too. Only bright spot to that is that if all goes to shit I'll at least get a few more gifs of AVB looking adorably happy..

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
And I'll have the luxury of watching United get their asses handed to them by my beloved Blues next week. That is, unless Mourinho starts Torres instead of Lukaku.

HBK

Welbeck is basically a slightly slower Walcott with slightly better finishing.

sorry I wasn't aware coutinho can score 20+ goals
He doesn't need to. It's not really his job.

If you watch the matches you'll see what I mean. Coutinho is much better technically and is much more of a team player whereas Suarez loses the ball quite a lot. Suarez is an excellent dribbler but he does it more through sheer determination than technical ability.

Yes Suarez scored 20+ goals last season but the team was built around him and every attack revolves around him. He can be brilliant but also a frustrating player sometimes because he loses the ball a lot and puts us on the back foot. We conceded waaay too many goals last season on the counter attack after Suarez lost the ball in dangerous areas.

btw, I feel for you gooners. A lot of 50/50s and the ref gave all of them to Aston Villa.

HBK

Nice win to begin Mourinho's reign. Super Frank with a trademark free kick (and an odd penalty miss). I was disappointed to see Torres start though. I hope he does not start the next one because you can only get away with playing him against lower table and, in some cases, mid table sides. Lukaku deserves more time. I was worried about De Bruyne as he's new to the PL but he looked really sharp and put in a good shift. And Van Ginkel > Ramires in the centre of the park imo.

whoever is bidding on these players needs a slap, or at least to learn basic maths
United bid £28m for Fellaini AND Baines? so if we go off buyout clause which is no longer there Fellaini would cost £23m alone... and a £12m was rejected for baines.
I'm not seeing £28m

oh and Arsenal bid a whole £10m for Cabaye
seriously?.... LOL

Well kebab is not with the Newcastle squad so whatever Arsenal offered must have triggered some sort of interest from either the club or the player, enough that they don't wanna risk him or he doesn't want to risk himself. I'm not sure we need a player of that type, although he's a quality player with a classy touch, kinda reminds me of Modric in his passing and shots from outside the area. But he'd come in to an already congested creative midfield. I'd love more players like that as much as anyone but goddam we need a defensive mid, a couple more defenders, a keeper and a world class striker. Heard rumours about Richards, probs tabloid bullshit but I would have him at Arsenal right now no questions asked, he is exactly what this team needs. Also Arsenal fansites have been tracking the clubs finances for some time (read: many years) and they estimate that we have amassed £180m in profit that hasn't been spent (this is taking into account all the transfers and expenses from previous seasons). So yeah what is Wenger or the board doing, I don't know, but I know I'd have taken Suarez, Falcao, and still had money left over to poke Spurs with a bid for Bale. FFS!

Newcastle want 35m for Cabaye which is just ridiculous. There's also been rumored interest in Ashley Williams, Michu, Kondogbia, Pogba, among others. Can we sign a striker please?

I didn't say that, but he's the only striker on that list I mentioned, that's all. He would still be a great signing but I doubt Swansea would budge.

Lol. I love that video so fucking much. These two are great together.

Arsenal deserve nothing once again.

I might watch this video every week just to remind me how shit and retarded we are.

BPL Player of the Season: Robin Van Persie (If uninjured. If injured, Eden Hazard)
Golden Boot Winner: Robin Van Persie (again)
Golden Glove Winner: Cech
Coach of the Year: Villas Boas
Home Kit of the Year: Chelsea and Manchester City
Breakout Player of the Year: Lukaku or Danny Rose
Newcomer of the Year: Navas
Bargain Buy: Jonjo Shelvey
Best Old Man: Ryan Giggs
Biggest Flop: Chadli
Worst Decline: Wilshere ;)
First to go: Pardew

I'll predict the Premier League table while I'm at it

1.Man City
2.Chelsea
3.Man United
4.Tottenham
5.Arsenal
6.Everton
7.Liverpool
8.Swansea
9.Norwich
10.Fulham
11.West Ham
12.Cardiff
13. Aston Villa
14. West Brom
15. Southampton
16. Newcastle
17. Stoke
18. Sunderland
19. Crystal Palace
20. Hull

Not a chance Liverpool finish below Everton.

Arsenal won't be grabbing 5th either. (7th)

Spurs looking to sign a handful of quality players. Must be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)