Push ups, pull ups, and sits ups thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So recently I've been trying to increase the amount of pull ups I can do, and I was wondering how many can the average smogon user do.

Push ups: 33
Pull ups: 5
Sit ups: 50

I wanna be able to do at least 15 pull ups, and probably like 50 push ups.

How many can you do?

Push-ups: 72 in 60 secs
Pull-ups: Max at 15 but I usually do 5 reps of 5
Sit-ups: I do 3x100, haven't tried to go max

This is very quickly going to turn into either a "do you even life bro" or an "I don't believe you" thread.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No idea how many push-ups or sit-ups I can do... Pull-ups I know I can do at least 10 if I warm up properly. In high school, I remember it was standard for everyone on the varsity line up (wrestling) to do at least twenty. One of my co-captains was a freak who could do 45 in one go.

Anyway, we never did situps anyway, and I still don't. V-Sits dude, V-sits.

Got to get those diamond pushups too.

Also, while I don't think it's good for your joints, even at this age I can still do a up to five 1 arm 1 leg push ups.

Push-ups that challenge the balance are good. I don't think I could do more than like... 3 now, but in highschool I held the record for pushups with hands AND feet on medicine balls-- my body not touching the ground at all (I had 43 without falling off as my record).

We also had a 30 foot long rope we would climb up every day. JV guys two times with hands and feet, Varsity 2 times but once had to be without feet. There was one crazy guy who was also on the gymnastics team who could go up AND down with no feet... but the craziest thing was watching our 275 lbs-der (a 280 lbs samoan guy who was a line backer for the football team too) climb up 30 ft of rope at all. lol

I didn't want to be the one to hold the rope for him lol

Last edited:
Oh this thread didn't lock

I'm a weakling so eerily the same as the OP, only more pullups and less situps because I'm anorectic and situps make my backbone hurt

Working on it at least

do u even lift?

Pull-ups: 0 in .01 seconds
Pushups: At least 1 in a minute, I usually go more though, you can leave it up to your imagination on how much
Situps: When i chill in my computer, I sit up; Infinity per minute

I'm in pretty bad shape right now.

I usually do pushups in 3 minute increments. I used to be able to do 70, now I can only do about 40, but I've been working on it, and I'm getting back up there. I can do about 60 situps in that time. I never used to practice situps, though, so I don't know how much I used to be able to do. I don't regularly do pullups, but the number is a lot less, probably between 10 and 20.

Yeah, I should work out more, huh.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Does this really need its own thread when it probably could have just been asked as a question in the existing fitness thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)