Silly Things You Have Seen On the Ubers Ladder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defensive Deoxys-A. It had Recover, Toxic, Cosmic Power, and Stealth Rock. I don't know if they meant to have Deoxys D or what.
Fails to be 2HKO'd by the following attacks:

252 Atk burned Genesect U-turn vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-A: 112-133 (36.84 - 43.75%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
136+ Atk Ho-Oh Sacred Fire vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-A in rain: 84-100 (27.63 - 32.89%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. +2 252 HP / 252+ Def Deoxys-A: 114-134 (37.5 - 44.07%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Just sayin'

I've seen the combo of Extreme Killer Arceus and Extreme Killer Linoone before.

A traditional offensive combo, similar to Mence/Quaza. Send in your Arceus to weaken threats so the all powerful Linoone can do the cleaning.

Infenal Team's team:Lucario / Charizard / Moltres / Victini / Typhlosion / Reshiram
Enough said, and he never switched out.

He actually did quite well considering I had a rain team but Giga Impact Moltres, Focus Punch Typhlosion and Flare Blitz Charizard were just stupid.

Edit : D-Tail/Flamethrower/Draco Meteor Garchomp, non-sturdy Forretress. That is all

Last edited:
non-sturdy Forretress
This is actually the preferred set on a hail team, seeing as your Sturdy is broken the first turn you're in anyway.

But judging by that Garchomp set, I don't think he was taking that into consideration...

FlareQuake

Banned deucer.
Well I've seen quite a bit of "silly things", mostly In the first few matches of laddering but.

-Shaymis-S ... with Quick Claw (which actually activated twice in a row lol)
-Chansey with Defense Curl + CM + Softboiled + Flamethrower
-Choice Scarf Heatran w/Explosion.
-Expert Belt Blissey anyone?
And My Personal Favorite: Support Rayquaza w/both Sunny Day and Rain Dance on a team running SS Tyranitar lol

Last edited:

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this has been encountered yet, but I just saw Frustration Chandelure. I don't know what the plan behind that was.

A guy used imprison+spore smeargle.
When I asked him what it was for, he said to imprison and then transform. Dittio would do that alot better

Turn 11

The foe's Arceus used ExtremeSpeed!
It doesn't affect Arceus-Dark...

Arceus-Dark used Will-O-Wisp!
The foe's Arceus was burned!

The foe's Arceus was hurt by its burn!
funniest moment ever lol.
Actually,I was the one who nicknamed my Physically Defensive Arceus-Ghost Arceus-Dark because I once got trolled before by using a fire move on an Arceus-Water nicknamed Arceus-Ice.XD

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually,I was the one who nicknamed my Physically Defensive Arceus-Ghost Arceus-Dark because I once got trolled before by using a fire move on an Arceus-Water nicknamed Arceus-Ice.XD
I've seen that done with someone nicknaming Arceus-Normal to Arceus-Electric. Some guy got so confused when ExtremeSpeed was doing so much damage.

EDIT: Just ran into a guy who turned on the battle timer first turn, then lost to it a couple turns later.

Last edited:
Why is the showdown ladder so bad? I just had this battle against some guy using mist ball / luster purge Latis.

There was also this guy who had a team of 5 boosting sweepers and a Kyogre. He tried setting up on me over half the freakin battle. He also had his Kyogre use Surf on my Tentacruel like 5 times in a row while it died of toxic.

And these weren't 'noobs' who just started playing. Their ratings were around 1500s-1700s (is that any good?)

Does Giratina-A with Protect and Shadow Force count as a bad set? If so, then yeah.
The Protect + Shadow Force combo is used for extreme PP stall. Regardless, it's still a silly idea :l

And these weren't 'noobs' who just started playing. Their ratings were around 1500s-1700s (is that any good?)
Often, ladders can become to inflated to the point that getting around 1600 with a new alt can be a piece of cake. All a new alt needs is a few wins to get similar ranking. This inflation is a HUGE problem with the OU ladder. Honestly, a rank that is in the high sixteen hundreds to mid seventeen hundreds is still a solid rank, but if it was earned on a fresh alt, the significance is deeply diminished.

Last edited:
Why is the showdown ladder so bad? I just had this battle against some guy using mist ball / luster purge Latis.

There was also this guy who had a team of 5 boosting sweepers and a Kyogre. He tried setting up on me over half the freakin battle. He also had his Kyogre use Surf on my Tentacruel like 5 times in a row while it died of toxic.

1700 is really bad, get up around 2000 with a lowish deviation and you might play some people who know what they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)