General Fighting Game Discussion

Hi, this is the biggest shot in the dark ever but is anyone heading to UFGT this weekend?

I'll be there all three days (participating in Skullgirls and Divekick) and figured I should throw that out there. If anyone else shows up, lemme know and maybe we can play some Divekick or Barabariball or whatever else looks fun.

Man, that might be the closest big tournament to where I am and I would be there except for exams...
Although even if I went I'd be playing on a pad because I don't have a converter and they're playing pretty much everything on 360 for some reason.
Also Barabariball looks fun as hell even though I don't understand it at all

It's amazing that there's actually a thread for this! I'm a big fighting game fan, so this is pretty much the only place for me to actually comment on things without sounding like a complete noob.

I'm definitely watching UFGT, but I can't attend because 15 years old and Ohio. I would love to go watch some Marvel, maybe some xTekken, definitely some Divekick, and maybe do some casuals, but money is for sure an object and it's hard for me in general to do anything. In theory I could try to commute to the Cleveland scene every once and a while when I get a car, but that's far off and really a drive for what is to be a new driver. I'm on 360 if anyone wants to play some Marvel with me or something.(CeSaR433)

Dude, just wait 'till you play it. I played a friend of mine a whole bunch as well as a couple random people and it was awesome. Really found a groove with Dr. Shoals mostly, hopefully I can make it through pools though I'm not optimistic. I got a fraud stamp but also got also frauded someone two times so at least I had that on them.

Also, I lost in Skullgirls to AB Stone (a really solid player) and this dude from Michigan who was pretty good but lost the match after he beat me.

Okay, anyone who has the chance to go to a major should , UFGT was such a great experience throughout. Played some random casuals with some cool people, got to see some great matches and get hype for them (my throat still kills), and just have a great time.

I barely missed out on top 32 for Divekick and top 16 for Barabariball, and even if I'm still sad about those, I still really enjoyed all the time I spent there.

Didn't Mike Z say they had someone for a Mac port? I could be completely wrong, I dunno.

Anyway yeah, PC version is fun :> Parasoul damage buffs even if my darling Peacock is worse.

Was looking for a mac port, but the forums are down. Ended up in the character bio pages and found this gem.

#shotsfired

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201308/16038325.html
P4A sequel location test is happening. Junpei and Yukari confirmed (wtf jupei cut your freaking hair) + the 13 from P4A. There are spaces for 2 more characters, I'd bet 2 out of Ken/Koro/Margaret/Dojima/P5 protagonist.

Gameplay-wise, Narukami sweep > 5D is reported to longer work, sucks to be a Yu main (haha never mind, he got 214b feint and a command throw, that's c to a tier in 5 tweets). Other rumors include playing as a character's shadow, which gives some boosts in exchange for not being able to burst (shadow shadow labrys??? shadowception labrys uncomfirmed) and characters having different amounts of persona cards (so far aki=2, yukiko=5, yukari=4, yosuke=3, liz=7!,aigis=4, junpei=4, teddie=5?, slab=6). Also, Yukiko has "new move and new super (only > lvl6). Akihiko cyclone meter goes up to five (and he still probably can't do shit to mitsuru). SB Supers costs 75% meter and do extra super much damage (SB God Fist has two fists lol). SB titanomachia may or may not use 4D technology to reach through the television and punch the opposing player in the face.

This guy and this other guy in Japan are live-tweeting updates in english.

I will spend the next year slowly dying in anticipation of this and BBCP. AnimEVO 2014

Also, how's it going Europe?

Last edited:
Oh wow. P4A not dead? Sounds fucking cool to me, despite not playing that game.

Can ASW just take over the world already? Jeeeeeeez.

So... BBCP is so close, Divekick and Skullgirls PC just came out, and new P4A GG and Smash sequels are on the horizon. That leaves Under Night in Birth as the only game left on my FG wishlist. It's made by the people who made Melty Blood (which I've never played but it's fun to watch and has an amazing soundtrack). It's been in arcades for almost a year and still isn't on console PS3 was confirmed apparently. If obscure stuff like Aquapazza and Yatagarasu are getting localized I think UNiB still has some hope. I could always import but I'd need to find people to play it with IRL for that to be worth it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)