Smogon's favourite music?

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok so like a lot of people, I spend a huge amount of my time discovering and listening to music. But, rather than trawling through endless magazine articles and music blogs finding new music, I'd like to hear the opinions of other Smogon users.

I guess I'll start off by listing my top five albums in no particular order:

A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication

The Clash - Self-titled

Rage Against the Machine - Self-titled

So i guess just share away, any song, album, artist that you've been enjoying recently or have always loved. What do you love about it? Hopefully we can get some kind of discussion going :]

Also, obviously i'm a newer member to Smogon, and i've never posted a thread on this forum so sorry if i'm stepping on anyone's toes.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I actually don't enjoy neither bands nor albums. Kind of sad really, I only have a thing for certain songs I like.

Also your thread would probably be more fitting here, in the media subforum

there's a lot of diverse people on smogon, but skrillex, linkin park, evanescence and anime openings all easily fall into this forums most loved music.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
Well, I actually don't enjoy neither bands nor albums. Kind of sad really, I only have a thing for certain songs I like.

Also your thread would probably be more fitting here, in the media subforum
Ah cheers, didn't know that sub forum was a thing. This thread is kinda pointless now I see.

I have always like RnB + Hip Hop + Rap. Most of what I listen to probably no one here listens to. My taste in music changed when I visited the States in 2008/09. I'll share 2 which aren't popular around here.

conor maynard -
. His covers on his main channel are what got him to work with the best producers in the UK. This song came out a few hours ago btw so bad quality.
JLS -
. Very solid album across the board.

Wow Rodan I forgot Gorillaz even was a thing. Like, vocaloids are cool and all but the only thing cooler is american vocaloids.
921.gif

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
big fan of low end theory + midnight marauders is a fucking classic.

i'm a big hip hop guy, mainly 90s shit but reppin modern thug a bit like lil ugly mane and death grips (technically hip hop but y'know), some grime too - wiley, the bug, etc.

down-tempo electronica (fuck nomenclature) has a lot of gems, but also a lot of mediocrity. XXYYXX, Gold Panda, Mount Kimbie, Holy Fuck, Battles, Star Slinger

i also dig shit like grimes and purity ring (post)-witch housey whatevers

been getting a bit into emo shit too like algernon cadwallader, brave bird, and one of my all time favourite bands - the front bottoms

edit: there's already a 2013 music thread so you probs wanna check that out

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
Also, decided to make my own as everyone else was doing it...

8ba8ad49230b34eafd7bdbc78a92b86e.png.jpeg

Decided to only have one album per artist otherwise this would be completely filled with Beastie Boys records

Edit: Fuk i missed so much shit i wanted in here

Last edited:
I made one of those once, it took forever and I don't remember the link AND I felt like I left stuff out that should have been on there, so I'm just gonna list my top 10 albums of all time because that list has help surprisingly steady for a long time. In no particular order besides the first one, which is my favorite:

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
The Clash - London Calling
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
Death - Symbolic
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...
This Heat - Deceit
Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch!
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier's Choice)
Talking Heads - Fear of Music

Things that just barely missed the list include Outkast's Aquemini, Godspeed You! Black Emperor's Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven, Wiper's Youth of America and Gorguts' Colored Sands.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)