RMT Sun Team Thing

Hey everyone. I'm kind of noobish at the metagame thing but I came up with a kinda stallish team that seems to work really well, or so it seems. I would like to hear people's thoughts on my team and what you think a gamelan for a team like this should be. Some pointers to guide me with a sun team would be good too. So let's get started, shall we? (The RMT Rules page is down or something where I can't access it, so tell if I'm doing something wrong please)

Necturna @ Leftovers
Trait: Forewarn
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Horn Leech
- Shadow Claw

Necturna here is a very important part of my team. Everyone's had a time where they weren't able to set up hazards, and I need something to keep early game threats at bay. With a few gimmicky moves and Sketch, Necturna really lets imagination do the work. Crippling with Curse and healing the damage off works in theory, and I've been able to use it a couple times and it really catches people off guard. She still needs to hit hard when it counts, so 252 Atk EVs I think helps.

Malaconda (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Glare
- Rest
- U-turn
- Power Whip

I bet everyone has seen this set before, but this still make most opponents ragequit. Glare can slow down the opponent since besides Kril I don't really have many fast pokes. Rest+Lum+Harvest in the sun is so good, but anything named Scizor puts a stop to the shenanigans rather quick. 252SDef/252HP so Conda can soak HydroPumps.

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power

He makes up the last of the special walls (along with Necturna and Conda). Set up hazards, get's rid of Dragons. Air Balloon is so helpful, and Protect scouts moves. its EV's are self explanatory. Though a lack of speed gets rid of the air balloon quickly I'd rather be safe than sorry with EarthQuakes.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hypnosis
- Toxic
- SolarBeam

The Weather Bringer. Not much to say about it, SolarBeam to get Tyranitar/Politoed out of my face during weather wars, Hypnosis can really take a huge threat out of play. I would rather be able to take a hit with Ninetails instead of setting up and sweeping with Nasty Plot just because it's the much safer option in terms of fighting against other weather teams, so I gave it special bulk. Spreading around poison helps everyone, so it does that too.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Substitute

I love this guy. Being Ground-Type lets Gliscor take advantage of the sand during weather wars, and unless the opponent is packing an Ice move, Gliscor walls anything physical. People seem to love to Toxic everyone, and Gliscor eats it up for everyone. The good ol' SubProtect set paired with great physical bulk let's him pretty much stall and take the hits no one else wants to.

Krilowatt (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Counter
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
Kril is the Gliscor for rain teams, though in that respect maybe Thunder is a better option. he hopefully will spend his time in the sun, so he's carry Bolt to not miss. Kril is usually sent out first to deal with Politoed, since they usually carry Ice Beam. Krill is the actual check for Water-types, since I don't usually risk switching in the Grassmons until I have Sun up and ready. I've also noticed Kril is prime Gastrodon bait since it walls Krill for days. can also go toe-to-toe with the faster threats due to its EVs, and is a great scout. I think that it could be using a better set though, this just doesn't sit well with me. Protect lets Kril stay out a little longer, and determine the proper switch-in according to the situation. I use Counter so that I can hit special walls, but it doesn't see much use. Since she is mainly here to clean up behind the team and get rid of Flying-types, Krilowatt is really only doing a lot of work at situational moments of the game, but when she is out on the field she does a lot.What do you guys think?

Threat List
Scizor- Scizor outspeeds everything on my team (aleast the ones I've fought), and with moves like Bug Bite/U-turn and Superpower Scizor can really lay waste to my team.

Last edited:
Be careful, the CAP project is very carefully designated for a specific process, you're probably going to be asked to move this to the rate my team area.

Bull of Heaven

Actually, @TordenOfItami, this is the right place for a CAP RMT. The RMT forum only deals with official Pokemon and the metagames built around them, while everything to do with the CAP metagame goes here. Sadly, I'm out of touch with the CAP metagame, so I don't think I can offer much of a rate. Hopefully someone will give some feedback on this team soon.

On that krilowatt set, there are some really weird things that just popped out at me. You have trace when you should probably be running magic guard to get rid of life orb recoil and all other indirect damage. Hp Fire on kril is an option to hit scizor since it should be outspeeding scizor really easily (unless scarf scizor is still out there) and krilowatt takes little damage from a bullet punch: 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 52-61 (11.73 - 13.76%) -- possible 8HKO and Hp fire is also a nice surprise against pokes like ferrothorn that would otherwise wall kril

Then there's the tales set. I really doubt having solarbeam helps since it does tiny damage to tar and toed and the worst part is that if an opposing weather starter switches in on you using solarbeam then you're locked into it (and its reduced 60 bp in sand and rain) and eat a stone edge from tar or a rain boosted water move from toed while doing pitiful damage to them in return.

4 SpA Ninetales SolarBeam vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar: 146-172 (37.82 - 44.55%) -- guaranteed 3HKO calc under sun
4 SpA Ninetales SolarBeam vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in sand: 50-60 (12.95 - 15.54%) -- possible 7HKO calc under sand if tar switches in on you
4 SpA Ninetales SolarBeam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Politoed: 146-172 (38.02 - 44.79%) -- guaranteed 3HKO calc under sun
4 SpA Ninetales SolarBeam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Politoed in rain: 74-88 (19.27 - 22.91%) -- possible 6HKO calc under rain if toed switches in on you

so really not much help there since you're running 4spA and don't have sunny day to back up solarbeam like on the offensive tales set

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)