Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is it possible if when a rated match starts, alongside Team Preview, it shows the /rank data of the players in the match. This makes it easier to get a sense of how good your opponent is and where you currently stand, which not only means you don't need to use /rank every 10 minutes, but it also gives you an idea of how many ACRE points you can expect to lose/gain from the match.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Item Clause has always been seen as unnecessary here on Smogon, and the lack of Item Clause actually allows play styles such as stall to exist.

If you're complaining because someone used a team of six Brightpowder Pokemon against you, just remember that he's a total dick and move on.

it'd be nice if you could the genders of your team in the little mouseover bubble below the battle window. that way we could know if it's safe to switch into mons with cute charm and whatnot.

it'd be nice if you could the genders of your team in the little mouseover bubble below the battle window. that way we could know if it's safe to switch into mons with cute charm and whatnot.
Not suggesting anything(great job with PS) but cute charm is a horrible competitive ability and if your opponent uses it he's most likely a noob or a troll. Seeing genders is possible in teambuilder anyway(though icons showing it would be nice)

One thing I would like is to somehow arrange spectating matches to skill level (glicko2/ACRE estimation) It can get the average of both players ACRE and have the highest at the top and the lowest at the bottom. I think that's easy enough so people can actually watch quality matches when they want to

Item Clause has always been seen as unnecessary here on Smogon, and the lack of Item Clause actually allows play styles such as stall to exist.

If you're complaining because someone used a team of six Brightpowder Pokemon against you, just remember that he's a total dick and move on.
Well I'm not complaining but having an item clause would make strategy and team building more complex and rewarding then just a full team of LO or Lefties on everyone. I don't see it as being detrimental.

If you were to impose an item clause you can really hamper some playstyles such as stall with your lefties example or even offense with the life orb example. Which isn't what you want in a metagame.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
You can just put this song like an alert when the lifebar of the pokemon is red haha
It's harder than you think. Not only do they have to implement the song, they have to code it so that it goes off on only one side when that person's life bar is red.

This isn't harder than you think, just make an if else for detecting the level of the life and put a jingle with soundmanager. But ya, it's hard to make the song.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place, I never post on the forums, but I just want to bring this up.

Can we please give an option to not have CAPs in Random Battles? I have no problem with the CAP people playing on their own, but I, and a lot of other people, don't think it's alright for their creations to get forced onto us when we just want to play with real Pokemon.

Often, when laddering, i press the find battle button, can't find a battle and then press cancel. Sometimes, a while later, a battle window still pops up. This is a known bug afaik, and afaik it can't be solved (yet). However, i have a suggestion which, if possible to implement, could nullify this bug:

When someone times out on team preview, neither players gain or lose points, nor lose deviation. As if the battle never happened.

If implemented, this might be abused through bad troll users trying to timestall people. But these could be kicked/banned/etc.

Edit:

I didn't think of this, but i do know of a solution to this (although it is veeeeeeeeery far-fetched and probably too much work for a bug of this size, so i'm fine with it if it doesn't end up happening. Here is what i propose:

When entering a ladder battle, you don't see the opponent's team immediately. You have to press a button. If you're away, and time out before pressing this button, you won't lose points. If you've pressed the button and then time out, you will lose points.

again, this is extremely far-fetched so idk

I'd really like to see this problem solved one way or another.

Last edited:

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
I think this may have been suggested already, but separate tabs for your teams of different tiers in the teambuilder would be really nice.

A problem I see with that, @Chieliee, is that something like that can easily be abused, which is probably why we don't have the "suggest draw" button that PO does. Timestallers wouldn't be the issue IMO, it would be that if you and your friends are all good players, you could collude your way to the top by always drawing with each other when you face off, artificially making all of your ratings higher by avoiding potential losses for free. This would be most problematic on tiers with small playerbases, but this is really all just my speculation. I don't know how the staff really feels about this. I mean technically you can already do this by not laddering at the same time or just setting up draw situations in game, so abuse is probably a non issue.

But about the cancel find battle button not working, I just try to close my showdown tab as soon as I realize I clicked it by mistake or didn't choose the right team. I don't know if this actually works, but when I open up showdown again I'm never in a new battle. Hopefully I'm not actually being timed out when I reopen showdown? :eek: (Can anyone confirm if this actually avoids finding a new battle?)

And yeah having a way to sort teams in the teambuilder would be great, or at least a way to find certain teams more easily. It kinda sucks that I can't Ctrl + F to find a team when I have nearly 100 of them.

But about the cancel find battle button not working, I just try to close my showdown tab as soon as I realize I clicked it by mistake or didn't choose the right team. I don't know if this actually works, but when I open up showdown again I'm never in a new battle. Hopefully I'm not actually being timed out when I reopen showdown? :eek: (Can anyone confirm if this actually avoids finding a new battle?)

i occasionaly click refresh to check, and when i come back i am sometimes in a battle. most of the time when i press cancel it is because i actually have to leave and don't have time for a battle, so i'd still lose points

If you were to impose an item clause you can really hamper some playstyles such as stall with your lefties example or even offense with the life orb example. Which isn't what you want in a metagame.
My idea towards it is increasing complexity and making a good team more rewarding than what it already is. It would change the metagame but it would make good and bad players alike try harder to make their teams better and better.

Its actually possible to get a draw on ps if both players are willing, simply refresh at the same time and the battle will hang, and you can leave without forfeiting. Bug?

Chieliee could it be perhaps that the cause of the "bug" may be the lag? It could be that a battle was found before you stopped looking, and the battle showed up slightly later. Just my theory.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
My idea towards it is increasing complexity and making a good team more rewarding than what it already is. It would change the metagame but it would make good and bad players alike try harder to make their teams better and better.
I can see where you're coming from, but taking away the ability to have 2 pokes with the same item on a team is kind of an extreme way to deal with it, limiting the playstyles possible for your team. Good players sometimes need that second leftovers, while bad players will just lose anyway.

I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place, I never post on the forums, but I just want to bring this up.

Can we please give an option to not have CAPs in Random Battles? I have no problem with the CAP people playing on their own, but I, and a lot of other people, don't think it's alright for their creations to get forced onto us when we just want to play with real Pokemon.
You aren't being forced to play with CAP Pokemon when you use Pokemon Showdown. The only places where CAP Pokemon are usable are the CAP format, Random Battle, and Custom Battle (which isn't even a ladder option). If you feel that strongly about not using CAP Pokemon, choose any of the other 20 or so formats we have available. Otherwise, just play RandBats. CAP Pokemon do nothing to make it worse, and they're kind of like a nice Easter egg.

Could we get a no multiple item clause?
This isn't up to PS! to decide on. The tiers on the simulator are Smogon tiers, and PS! gives a place to battles using them. If you want to play a tier with Item Clause, try GBU Singles or VGC, both of which are available to play. It's also a bad idea anyways for the reasons other people have listed, but it ultimately comes down to the fact that this is not up to us to decide.

I don't think a small list of clauses (with perhaps a 'default' option) on the challenge screen could do any harm, though. This'd be low priority because 99% of the tome people will use default. Still, it's something to consider imo

Suggestion: Add the ability to be able to reset individual rank formats.

With the current ranks system, players are forced to create a new account if they want to achieve high ranks. This takes up usernames, prevents individuals from being recognized across multiple tiers because they have a different username on each, with many names people will not recognize you in the lobby, so the current system causes a lack of belonging, and causes hassle to the players who own the accounts.

However simply adding the ability to reset the individual rank formats prevents this. People can work towards their accounts, feel proud of them, and be more recognized in pokemon showdown. I also suppose it would even more benefit people with ranks, who want to be on their ranked account only.

No real downsides. Would really improve pokemon showdown, and would halt criticism of the ranking system.

I'd like seeing an NFE tier added & playable for laddering. Hopefully this is added in for the people that wanna ladder & play the NFE tier.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We should be able to see our active Pokemon's stat boosts once hovering the mouse above it. Having to read through the log to find out how many boosts you have is a pain in the ass, especially in long matches.

We should be able to see our active Pokemon's stat boosts once hovering the mouse above it. Having to read through the log to find out how many boosts you have is a pain in the ass, especially in long matches.
Doesn't it show the boosts under the HP bar now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)