5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Do you have the Dreamworld ability ticked in RNG Reporter?
Yes, that's why it was confusing me, I'm redo-ing all of my calibrations using sweet scent as opposed to Terrakion to see if that makes a difference, it seems to only change my Timer0 from167F to 1688

EDIT: After Further research, I think I figured out why, I wasn't compensating for the 7 second delay on the 3DS

2nd EDIT: Got my White to work, thank you for all the help

Last edited:
i have successfully rnged a landorus from pokemon black and i have a 3ds with the dream radar. if i get the landorus from the dream radar and get the item that changes his form, will the item also let me change the genies from black/white 1 to their therian forms even though they are not from the dream radar?

(sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread but i dont know where to put it.)

Yes, the reveal glass will work on any genie don't care from where they come (B/W, B/W2, Milos tornadus/thundurus, Dream Radar), just keep in mind this only work on B/W2 games thought.

There is no special guide for BW2 Entralink because it is basicly Standard abuse. See the notes on BW2 on the front page:
  • Entralink starts on frame 26
Since the Pokemon are randomly moving NPCs we recommend to aim for a PID frame beyond 30. Otherwise you shouldn't have to move enough for the IV frame to advance.

I was hoping to get some help with RNGing Uxie in BW2 on a DS Lite.

I have hit my seed twice (having some serious timer0 issues, but what can you do). Obviously, there are moving NPCs, so I go straight into the pokemon screen (smashing X ASAP). I then get out of the screen, and smash A until I fight Uxie. I didn't get my synch frame, and figured out two possible frames the NPCs could have shifted it to. However, both were supposed to be synch frames!

Next, I tried to do a single chatot call to isolate which of the two possible frames I was on (both were supposed to also be followed by synch frames). Eventually, I got the right Uxie again, and determined my initial frame, but again, the synchronize failed. The next PIDRNG frame (+2), is supposed to be a non-synchronized frame. Should I assume that it could synch, or possibly fail? If there is a consistent way to determine which frames will now be synch frames, it would be greatly beneficial because I am having major difficulties with timer0 compared to normal for BW2.

I can't eliminate error on my part, but I have been pretty consistent. I have only hit 4 of my 6 timer0s on this seed, 2 of them accounting for 80% of my tries. The starting frame is always the same for each seed, and so is the +1 frame. I have selected BW2 and Unova Link appropriately.

Any advice?

I experienced something similar with the Nature preserve Haxorus, I wanted one on a fairly high frame but everytime i hited it the frame was shifted. After a few days of tries (took me 15 days to RNG that guy) I decided to target another frame (high frame too) with the same results. Now frustrated at a last attemp I choosed a low frame (like 4 advances only) and HITTED the seed!

I'm not trying to say that you need to move your frame (since shiny frames does not happen in clusters) but you can try to look for other seed. Since you have 2 common timer0's you can try looking for seeds using both of them.

I experienced something similar with the Nature preserve Haxorus, I wanted one on a fairly high frame but everytime i hited it the frame was shifted. After a few days of tries (took me 15 days to RNG that guy) I decided to target another frame (high frame too) with the same results. Now frustrated at a last attemp I choosed a low frame (like 4 advances only) and HITTED the seed!

I'm not trying to say that you need to move your frame (since shiny frames does not happen in clusters) but you can try to look for other seed. Since you have 2 common timer0's you can try looking for seeds using both of them.
Thanks for the advice. I just stuck with it a little more and finally got it on the +2 PIDRNG. It appears the synchronise/non-synchronize frames may have been swapped, though it would take a few more (undesirable) tries to confirm this.

In any case, I have been using two seeds for all my legendary RNGs (1 for attackers, 1 for sp. attackers), both with 31s on frame 1. I am thinking of expanding just so there is a little diversity. The easiest way to advance IV frame is to use the key thing right? Does it advance IV frame by 1 and PIDRNG by 1?

We assume you are talking about the PID frame because in order to advance the IV frame you need to walk - it tends to mess up your PID frame when you overstep a certain threshold. Just keep the IV frame at 1.

Whatever you mean with key thing, the easiest way to advance your PID frame is having Chatots chatter with custom chatter. Every time they cry on your status screen your PID frame increases by 1. Having two of them allows you to flip between the pages.
Note, that this does not move the IV frame. Which means, once you start the game with the correct seed, your IVs are set (unless you start to walk a lot).

If you need more good seeds, enable keypresses in your profile.

Last edited:
We assume you are talking about the PID frame because in order to advance the IV frame you need to walk - it tends to mess up your PID frame when you overstep a certain threshold. Just keep the IV frame at 1.

Whatever you mean with key thing, the easiest way to advance your PID frame is having Chatots chatter with custom chatter. Every time they cry on your status screen your PID frame increases by 1. Having two of them allows you to flip between the pages.
Note, that this does not move the IV frame. Which means, once you start the game with the correct seed, your IVs are set (unless you start to walk a lot).
Sorry for not being clearer. I do kno howw to chatter for PID advancements. When I was talking about a +1 frame when RNGing Uxie, I was referring to the frame I hit after 1 chatter, and +2 is the frame after two chatters.

Right now, I was curious about something different. I want to use an IV frame other than 1 (which I have been using for all my BW2 legendary seeds). In BW2, one calibration method is to use the "exchange keys" option in IR transfer. I know this advances the PIDRNG by some amount (1 frame I believe) and I was curious if it also advances the IV frame (which is what I want to do).

So, is it about the Unova Link parameter search aka spinner method? Excuse us when we have got it wrong again.

First, this method is primarily used for fast calibration, not for catching anything but for Dream Radar abuse.
Second, we assume you have PPRNG; it does not work with RNG Reporter.
Thridly, we don't think we are qualified to help you because we do not have MacOS.

In-game, anything beyond IV frame 1 is a huge pain in the ass. It is faster and much easier to use more keypresses instead of trying to advance it.

So, is it about the Unova Link parameter search aka spinner method? Excuse us when we have got it wrong again.

First, this method is primarily used for fast calibration, not for catching anything but for Dream Radar abuse.
Second, we assume you have PPRNG; it does not work with RNG Reporter.
Thridly, we don't think we are qualified to help you because we do not have MacOS.

In-game, anything beyond IV frame 1 is a huge pain in the ass. It is faster and much easier to use more keypresses instead of trying to advance it.
I am using RNG Reporter on Windows. Keypresses is something I have not tried before. Do I just enter the number of key presses on the profile I use, and use time finder, or will I need to re-calibrate?

The good part is that you do not need to recalibrate. Just enable any combination possible (None, 1, 2, 3). You might want to skip the L and R because they frequently fail on us.
That will give you lots of results, but increase the waiting time exponentially. You still can cancel the search once it gives you a seed you are satisfied with, though.

When you enter the game, just hold the buttons the Time Finder tells you to hold until you see the GameFreaks star. Then release the buttons and proceed as usual.

The good part is that you do not need to recalibrate. Just enable any combination possible (None, 1, 2, 3). You might want to skip the L and R because they frequently fail on us.
That will give you lots of results, but increase the waiting time exponentially. You still can cancel the search once it gives you a seed you are satisfied with, though.

When you enter the game, just hold the buttons the Time Finder tells you to hold until you see the GameFreaks star. Then release the buttons and proceed as usual.
Thanks a lot, there are so many good seeds available now!

Hey,
can someone help me? I just cant find my DS Parameters for Black II on my R4 Flashcart.
Im using the newest RNG Reporter ( 9.96.5 ). I also tried with a Soft Reset already but I just do not find a single Seed.

Here is the last IV-Set I tried. It is a Vanillish caught in the Giant Chasm with Sweet Scent, of course without moving before.
HP: 31 ATK: 18 DEF: 31 SPATK: 9 SPDEF: 3 SPEED: 30
August 31, 2013 17.44.58
Seconds 58 / 8
VCount 0 / 99
Timer0 B00 / 157C
GxStat 6 / 6
VFraame 0 / 1F

Version: Black 2 Language: German DS Type: DS Original/Lite
DS Mac Address: 001BEA86D259

You do it just like any other Wondercard: You use the Time Finder method for Wondercards (not GLAN) and search for the an appropiate seed and frame for your wanted nature and IVs. You do not need to check Shiny only. That is the guide on-site for Wondercard abuse.

Can anyone help me?
I did everything correctly to rng 4 gen
But my problem is that i cant hit a delay.
I just cant.
I checked using the calls,using the roamers location. But i cant...
At tops i get a delay that is really far from the one that i want and is even 1 seg before the target second,even with that i feel that im not doing right...
Help anyone plss
Its been mora than a month that im trying but i cant...

Just to be sure, is BW 2's timer0's wider than what you would expect on BW 1? I want to be sure so I know whether or not I should bother RNG abusing Meloetta+others from the WCs.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just to be sure, is BW 2's timer0's wider than what you would expect on BW 1? I want to be sure so I know whether or not I should bother RNG abusing Meloetta+others from the WCs.
You'll generally encounter about 6 Timer0s in BW2 compared to BW1's 1-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)