Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Drought banned from lower tiers? I think Mega Charizard would get some usage in OU before we can transfer over Ninetales but then once we can, I doubt it'll be used as much anymore and since Drought is banned from UU and below...yeah.
1) That Stealth Rock weakness. It could faint on the switch before it can even Mega Evolve!
2) Unlike Ninetales, you have to stay in for one turn to activate the ability but you only need to do this once. Of course you could lead with it but it's extremely risky because they could lead with Aerodactyl to counter it. It'll scare off Charizard and can set up Stealth Rock.

Lead Mega Charizard MUST run Protect if it has any chance of safely setting up the sun. Even then, getting it back in if there's a weather war going on could be the tough part. Especially with that double weakness to Stealth Rock. Ninetales is the safest option I reckon. Plus you'll be able to use a more useful Mega Pokemon.

I think MegaZard's niche will be running it alongside Ninetales or a Sunny Day user. So it can basically spam Solar Power boosted attacks/bluff a specs set if it KOs stuff, then annihalate Tyranitar/Politoed with a mega-evolve-Solar Beam combo when they switch in.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Isn't Drought banned from lower tiers? I think Mega Charizard would get some usage in OU before we can transfer over Ninetales but then once we can, I doubt it'll be used as much anymore and since Drought is banned from UU and below...yeah.
Drought is currently only banned in Gen. V. Ban policies might change in the transition between generations (ref: Wobbuffet).

In skybattles, Megazard seems to be the only (till now) flying or levitating mon, that is a weather inducer.... (MegaZard and Cresselia, soar to the skies! <3)

I can see MegaCharizard being used as an anti-meta pokemon (or specifically anti-Rain) that comes in late game and screws up things instead of supporting Sun Teams. On the other hand, Sun Teams can now use the same tactic Sand teams use (TTar and Hippo to ensure sand) and win more weather wars.

I'm thinking that just like how some types where barely introduced in some generations(water types in gen5) and sometimes lot of Pokemon of the same type are introduced,there is going to be a great abundance in fire types in generation 6.

Thats awesome. Im going Torchic, Chespin, Squirtle if no other Kalos water types really impress me. Transfer is sweet, and its a long-term prospect which is just awesome. And I love Megatoise' design, though the ability sucks in-game. Surf likely won't get a boost, and that move's needed to complete the game.

Sucks about not nicknaming Torchic though. I might end up killing my plan to name my mons after Les Miserables characters unless I can have Torchic join the party.

My issue with PokeBank and such is not the price itself, but rather the "hacked" aspect of it.

Being a college student and all, I barely have enough time to optimize all of my Pokemon quickly and efficiently. I use these devices only after I beat the game (using legal hacks such as modifiers, IVs, etc., no illegal crap), never to beat, so that I can play to my heart's content, bonding with my Pokemon.

If what is being said is true, then I will really miss the Pokemon that have helped me win in friendlies with some of my friends on other sites (Smogon, etc.), as well as this effectively closing out my career here in Smogon. Is there any other way?

My issue with PokeBank and such is not the price itself, but rather the "hacked" aspect of it.

Being a college student and all, I barely have enough time to optimize all of my Pokemon quickly and efficiently. I use these devices only after I beat the game (using legal hacks such as modifiers, IVs, etc., no illegal crap), never to beat, so that I can play to my heart's content, bonding with my Pokemon.

If what is being said is true, then I will really miss the Pokemon that have helped me win in friendlies with some of my friends on other sites (Smogon, etc.), as well as this effectively closing out my career here in Smogon. Is there any other way?
Nnnnnope!

Reactions: PME
If patterns are anything to go by, leveling your pokemon to competitive standard will be much easier now that you can effectively minigame your EVs and stuff. Even casuals can get into that.

yo if we have to pay for it why do we need to wait two months to use it? two months is a long time to go without your competitive mons from prev gens; i want to hop on x/y gbu asap and try out the new meta without having to breed shit endlessly because i know for a fact they're not going to fix ivs until x/y2

e: this is especially important for people going to vgcs where we're practicing under official time constraints, as well as the rest of you guys since sims probably wont support x/y for a few weeks

No hacked mons suck... But how can the game tell if you're using a legal Pokegen mon? If everything is OK...
It would be the server that does the checking. I'm also fairly sure that their hack checks will check legality only and not legitimacy as a "perfect hack" is hard to tell apart from a really lucky catch/breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)