Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No more hacked/generated Pokemon. The end of Wish Blissey?

I can still see people generating perfect Pokemon in Gen 5 and then IV Breed them so they can transfer the baby. Won't work with Legendaries though. Back to Soft resetting again!

The thought if a shiny Mega Charizard makes me so freaking hype to start over in the new gen. Must...have...Black Mega Charizard @.@

Reactions: PME
No more hacked/generated Pokemon. The end of Wish Blissey?

I can still see people generating perfect Pokemon in Gen 5 and then IV Breed them so they can transfer the baby. Won't work with Legendaries though. Back to Soft resetting again!
I'm looking forward to a hack free pokemon, also to the rise of trading again.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
My main worry is (do not hate on me I know we do not know much about this) will charizard be banned in ou? I mean look at his stats already and the boosting his special attack along with drought would outclass ninetales wouldn't it? although he would still take 1/2 from stealth rocks if he was used as a lead he would get the sun up guaranteed unless the opponent has a drizzle/sand stream/snow warning on there team he could potentially be broken.
Stealth Rock is a thing that exists.

Can we talk about defensive Mega Venusaur?

He can come in on almost all fighting type pokemon and just set up with whatever boosting move he wants.
Even though any speculation at this point is terribly off thanks to the fact we're thinking about Pokemon in a vacuum in our current generation, Mega Venusaur got me a little excited. Having another Pokemon that's resistant to water, electric, and grass and takes only neutral from Ice is something really rare and something that sounds like it'd do well against rain. I play VGC and having something that looks really good against STAB rain boosted spread attacks is always cool. My only concern (on top of the concern that we haven't even played the game to see what a 5th gen flat battle is like compared to a 6th gen flat battle), is that the Poison typing brings along a psychic weakness / something Cresselia would love to exploit.

don't get me wrong; i like pokemon bank, but my problem with poketransfer was that it's not already in the game. i would much rather have the option of transferring 6 pokemon at a time for free already in the game, with the option of buying pokebank to make the process go much more smoothly. and again, we have to wait two months after the game's released before we can even transfer our pokemon. i'm not sure why you guys aren't upset about this in the least.

If both transferring and your Pokémon from the Hoenn region are that important, I don't get why you aren't at least content that they tried to make it possible to keep moving them up.
well i'm glad it's possible, but that doesn't mean i'm happy with the method of which it happens.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
(…) Most importantly there was no delay so can't wait for October 12th :)

Perfect. Less than 40 days for the new beginning.

With that said, is everyone just going to wait until January to battle seriously, or will we have a "fresh start" game for 2 months? I'd really like to see that, like RS 200 on its time.

So we also need the Mega Ring with a Key Stone to activate a Mega Stone. Hmm… maybe this is the way that they'll restrict Mega Evolutions; who wants to bet that the Mega Ring will be a "it only works once" type of thing? This would mean that you can potentially give all your Pokémon Mega Stones, but then there's the question… who gets to Mega Evolve (and when, if applicable)?

And for those complaining about the fee to use the Bank; just trade everything during the free trial. Simple, right? I certainly hope that they learnt their lesson after the Dream World fiasco and don't restrict Pokémon movements for more than 15 minutes this time… Otherwise, the imminent system crash is going to be a bloodbath.

Can anyone imagine? 3000 Pokémon in your account, and then something happens… everything gone… all for nothing.

At least it uses just 1 3DS unlike Gen 4 to 5...

Plus since you can have multiple games, you won't need a 2nd 3DS to trade over exclusives if you plan to get both games. Also "Bulk Trading" between your games is very nice!

So, I was reading the official pokémon page and it confirms that Drought still boosts Fire-type attacks, so we can assume the same for rain. Meh, I really wanted them to at least nerf that part of them.

So, I was reading the official pokémon page and it confirms that Drought still boosts Fire-type attacks, so we can assume the same for rain. Meh, I really wanted them to at least nerf that part of them.
Nah it's not the boosts that matter, it's if they're pernament effects or they're limited like Rain Dance etc.

don't get me wrong; i like pokemon bank, but my problem with poketransfer was that it's not already in the game. i would much rather have the option of transferring 6 pokemon at a time for free already in the game, with the option of buying pokebank to make the process go much more smoothly. and again, we have to wait two months after the game's released before we can even transfer our pokemon. i'm not sure why you guys aren't upset about this in the least.

well i'm glad it's possible, but that doesn't mean i'm happy with the method of which it happens.
But it's never been free >.< You've always needed a second console to transfer. Why is this worse??

Just realized that Blastoise can't learn Dark Pulse despite the description of its Mega ability. Guess that changed so we can be hopeful for Dragon Pulse and maybe others.

Mega Launcher really interests me. They can justify a 50-100% power boost to Pulse techniques if they want it to be a super exclusive ability.

And really, when MEvo is marketed as a new way to blow your opponents out of the water, one should hope that they want to make as many Mega forms as possible look super broken.

(also I'm expecting Clauncher's final evo to have Mega Launcher for some reason)

Last edited:
Digging this news. Transfer thing is whatever, but Mega Kanto Starters is awesome, if not somewhat expected. SubSeed MegaSaur could probably be a great pokemon, what with its boosted defenses, slew of useful resistances and uncommon weaknesses, and STAB Sludge Bomb to blast Leech Seed immunities with. Definitely looking forward to it.

Drought Charizard is amazing, though I still prefer Blaziken. It encourages the use of Solar Power Zard on certain Drought teams, who can use it as an initial nuke and then as a backup weather setter if need be. And I have a hope that Stealth Rock will be nerfed (they did just introduce sky battles), so it may not be as big of an issue as we think. GF has a real hard-on for the Fire type this gen, and I'm okay with that.

MegaBlastoise is a bit disappointing, to be honest. The design and ability are cool, but would it have been that difficult to have Blastoise fire attacks from its actual cannons / megacannon? I'm not sure how useful Mega Launcher will be on Blastoise but the fact that the ability even exists makes me pretty excited for Clauncher to get it.

EDIT: And oh my god the sprites look amazing.

Last edited:
My main worry is (do not hate on me I know we do not know much about this) will charizard be banned in ou? I mean look at his stats already and the boosting his special attack along with drought would outclass ninetales wouldn't it? although he would still take 1/2 from stealth rocks if he was used as a lead he would get the sun up guaranteed unless the opponent has a drizzle/sand stream/snow warning on there team he could potentially be broken.
Once again, Charizard has to actually Mega Evolve before he can get the sun out. Assuming Mega Evolution occurs when the Pokemon would attack and not at the beginning of the turn, all the opponent has to do is get a faster Pokemon out to hit it with a rock attack before it can mega.

Ninetales is way more consistent than this. I can't see MCharizard being particularly viable because it uses up your Mega and isn't actually guaranteed sun. Unless, of course, its stats are absurd in comparison to other Mega Evolutions. and you can't get your hands on the Blaziken.

Alright, I'm ready to transfer my 4 boxes of shiny, perfect ivs, competitively ready, RNGed pokemon. I hope that move tutors and tms that were dropped in BW2 comeback (like seismic toss) so we don't have to be restricted by moveset/ability combinations.

I wonder if pokemon can hold items while using the poketransfer...I'm not crazy about having to collect battle points again :/

y'know should Megapokemans be considered to be items or pokemon? Because that makes a difference. Wait maybe not. I dunno lol.

Ok, no one seems to be talking about a major feature of mega-evolving that this Nintendo direct seems to have revealed. I may be way off base here, but the Game Freak director seemed to really emphasize forming a bond with your pokemon to get it to Mega-evolve, in fact I think he flat out stated a pokemon mega-evolves when you have a strong bond and the appropriate item. This possibly means that you need to have max friendship with a pokemon before mega is possible, which means you cannot just trade for a pokemon that mega-evolves and then start fighting with it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)