Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. Less than 40 days for the new beginning.

With that said, is everyone just going to wait until January to battle seriously, or will we have a "fresh start" game for 2 months? I'd really like to see that, like RS 200 on its time.

So we also need the Mega Ring with a Key Stone to activate a Mega Stone. Hmm… maybe this is the way that they'll restrict Mega Evolutions; who wants to bet that the Mega Ring will be a "it only works once" type of thing? This would mean that you can potentially give all your Pokémon Mega Stones, but then there's the question… who gets to Mega Evolve (and when, if applicable)?

And for those complaining about the fee to use the Bank; just trade everything during the free trial. Simple, right? I certainly hope that they learnt their lesson after the Dream World fiasco and don't restrict Pokémon movements for more than 15 minutes this time… Otherwise, the imminent system crash is going to be a bloodbath.

Can anyone imagine? 3000 Pokémon in your account, and then something happens… everything gone… all for nothing.
the backlash if there server went offline perm would be kinda hilarious, would love to see them apologise on a pokemon direct saying your grandchildren won't be able to play with your pokemon.
I can't wait to try out battles pre transfer, be good to battle with crappy IV's and test out the new pokes.

I wonder will items have any value in trades?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
the backlash if there server went offline perm would be kinda hilarious, would love to see them apologise on a pokemon direct saying your grandchildren won't be able to play wit your pokemon.
I can't wait to try out battles pre transfer, be good to battle with crappy IV's and test out the new pokes.

I wonder will items have any value in trades?
That would probably depend on whether you can trade Mega stones or not.

Agonist

They're not one time use (afaik, that'd be stupid), but the Blazikenite is confirmed to be exclusive to the Torchic event. If others are exclusive to, then it would drive up the value of them.

Drought Charizard highers our chances of a Drizzle-user outside of Politoed and Kyogre; buffing rain isn't something I'd appreciate, but I'd actually build a rain team if I wasn't stuck with ugly Politoed.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Drought Charizard highers our chances of a Drizzle-user outside of Politoed and Kyogre; buffing rain isn't something I'd appreciate, but I'd actually build a rain team if I wasn't stuck with ugly Politoed.
I would like to say, again, that Stealth Rock exists.

Agonist

I would like to say that Charizard is far superior to Ninetales in like every way possible. And if you're using Sun, you should have a way to keep SR off the field to begin with.

Reactions: PME
This Mega evo may be the factor that will make Charizard viable, even with rocks. Unlike Volcorona, it doesn't even need one turn to set up; just click a single button and start razing through the ranks of there's mons.

Yeah as there will be no AR to clone and each is a one time use (I think I heard that)

I just hope it promotes trading more....as that's a big part of pokemon.
In addition to what other's said, you might be thinking of one time per battle

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like to say that Charizard is far superior to Ninetales in like every way possible. And if you're using Sun, you should have a way to keep SR off the field to begin with.
The problem is that Charizard has the defenses of a paper towel, and being quad weak to Rock doesn't help matters even if Stealth Rock didn't exist.

mega charizard will most definitely be stronger than ninetales

however the opportunity cost will not be worth it unless charizard gets a huge stat boost. you're using your mega evo slot on your weather starter, and it doesnt even become more durable so it's not like it will do a better job maintaining weather.

that said discussions about the viability of mega evos are way too premature because we're missing details that are important to consider

Last edited:
The problem is that Charizard has the defenses of a paper towel, and being quad weak to Rock doesn't help matters even if Stealth Rock didn't exist.
The Charizard that we know has the defenses of a paper towel. We don't know what kind of boost this new form will get.

Seriously? Worldwide X and Y don't come with the limited edition consoles, and they're region locked so you can't use a japanese one. The animal crossing one came with animal crossing... goddamnit

I have a Charizard from my Firered run that is very pleased with this new Zard talk. Even though I'm pretty sure Charizard won't be that terribly good even with the MEvo and drought. It just looks awesome so people want it to succeed.

It just looks awesome so people want it to succeed.
I have to say, megazard looks uglier than regular charizard.

Slightly off topic, I'm still trying to decide on whether I should choose bulbasaur or charmander as my secondary starter. In fact, after this reveal, the only pokemon that is set in stone for my ingame team is froakie.

Wait, if the Mega Bracelet thing is key item (which it obviously is), will MEvo even make it to competitive scene?
The Gracedia and DNA Splicers are also Key Items. While this one has to activate during battle, Key Items are still able to be brought into online battles. I assume that they will still function for the battles online.

Additionally, this may be the limitation we were considering - I bet the Mega Bracelet can only activate once per battle or something due to a power level.

Seriously? Worldwide X and Y don't come with the limited edition consoles, and they're region locked so you can't use a japanese one. The animal crossing one came with animal crossing... goddamnit
There will probably be a pack-in variant later on or something
Maybe the gold one will be brought over

The Gracedia and DNA Splicers are also Key Items. While this one has to activate during battle, Key Items are still able to be brought into online battles. I assume that they will still function for the battles online.

Additionally, this may be the limitation we were considering - I bet the Mega Bracelet can only activate once per battle or something due to a power level.
We've also seen Mewtwo mega evolve in a trainer battle (it was at the end of the trailer showing orotto) so it's definitely allowed online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)