Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's in the one before the Kanto starters iirc (it's just a regular Gyarados, though).

Sorry, but I have no idea about this Gyarados you guys are talking about. What's the video in which it appears?
It was about the 14th minute mark of the Pokemon direct where they show off the already announced Mega Evolutions, as others have pointed out it was Mewtwo attacking Gyarados. Mewtwo is only visible for a fraction of a second which led to the confusion.

I would not be surprised if the cause of delay in pokebank be a connection with Miiverse.
This feature will be only enable at late 2013 anyway... maybe this cloud storage should mean a connection with some other games, like a HD console version.

Three starters for an in-game run is overkill, we will utterly destroy every single gym with them, unless they make the games super hard.
Has it been confirmed that there will be a harder mode similar to BW 2? It would only make sense to have a hard mode, seeing as BW2 seem to have set up a precident for it.

If this is the case lets hope for a difficulty option from the start of the game.

hard mode
Starved2.jpg

But in all seriousness, I guess after all this time, they still haven't shown us what Froakie's move was (in the very first trailer, the proposed Close Combat). Though I'm still heads or tails about using the training facility, unless they show us an exact number for obtained EV's, I fear I might cap the EV in question at 255 without realizing it.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Challenge/Hard mode was among the best-received features of B2W2. It would be silly not to include it.

Then again, Secret Bases was among the best-received features of RSE, and walking Pokémon was among the best-received features of HGSS. If GameFreak is to follow a pattern, there will be no Challenge Mode.

Challenge/Hard mode was among the best-received features of B2W2. It would be silly not to include it.

Then again, Secret Bases was among the best-received features of RSE, and walking Pokémon was among the best-received features of HGSS. If GameFreak is to follow a pattern, there will be no Challenge Mode.
Or there will be difficulty settings from the start, and secret bases, because obvious RSE remake is obvious? I can dream mon

Drizzle mega Gyarados. It was originally always depicted in a storm. So you'll be out surfing and sometimes you'll run into a hoard battle of 4 gyarados and a mego which will all use a combination dragon rage attack. I can dream right?

Drizzle mega Gyarados. It was originally always depicted in a storm. So you'll be out surfing and sometimes you'll run into a hoard battle of 4 gyarados and a mego which will all use a combination dragon rage attack. I can dream right?
I think Drizzle Gyrados with boosted attack and speed would cause a lot of people to just quit the metagame.

They probably wouldn't give us difficulty settings at the start of the game since they'd figure that some people might not prefer a challenge mode after all once they choose it.

Where are you getting the notion that you can find MEvos in the wild?

Three starters for an in-game run is overkill, we will utterly destroy every single gym with them, unless they make the games super hard.
No one is forcing you to use the starters in your team you know and the Kanto starters are probably given away late game from the looks of things. You can always opt for a nuzlocke run as well if it gets too easy lol

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
No one is forcing you to use the starters in your team you know and the Kanto starters are probably given away late game from the looks of things. You can always opt for a nuzlocke run as well if it gets too easy lol
Pretty much this. I have no real interest in stacking my team with 3 starters just for a good FWG core. I want to use the Kalos Pokemon, fuck Kanto mons :P

They need to include Challenge (and Easy too I guess) mode. It should become a staple of the series. But GameFreak has a habit of making certain cool features exclusive to certain games so...

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Has it been confirmed that there will be a harder mode similar to BW 2? It would only make sense to have a hard mode, seeing as BW2 seem to have set up a precident for it.

If this is the case lets hope for a difficulty option from the start of the game.
Yeah cause what they did in B/W2 was terrible.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You only unlocked Easy/Challenge modes after defeating the Elite Four and you are not able to carry them over to a new game.

You only unlocked Easy/Challenge modes after defeating the Elite Four and you are not able to carry them over to a new game.
Also they were version exclusive, so if you wanted Challenge mode in White 2 you needed to know someone (locally) who had beaten Black 2 and gotten the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)