Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that pretty much confirms that its highest stat is Sp. Def (not that most people didn't already think so, but this just some graphical proof).

EDIT: My guess would be
HP: 95
Att:60
Def: 130
Sp. Att: 110
Sp. Def: 65
Spd: 65

EDIT 2: Well after playing around a bit in Photoshop to measure the size of the green shape, it seems to me that Sp. Def comes out as the highest, with the second highest being a toss-up between HP and Sp. Attack. Speed seemed the next largest, followed by Attack, with Defense seemingly being the lowest stat.
Well if we're throwing out stat spreads for Sylveon, then I may as well mention that for months I thought that its stats would be:
Atk: 60
Def: 65
Sp.Atk: 115
Sp.Def: 130
Spe: 60
or:
Def: 60
Sp.Atk: 115
Spe: 65

Also, I'm thinking that this months's Corocoro will showcase more mega evolutions, an official reveal of Oorotto, an official reveal of our alpaca-like friend shown in Pokemon Direct, the updated type chart (obviously, as they already confirmed this), the mega evolutions shown in Pokemon Direct, and about 2 or 3 new Pokemon.

Also, I'm really just starting to ramble now, so I should probably stop posting in this thread until more news comes through.

Well if we're throwing out stat spreads for Sylveon, then I may as well mention that for months I thought that its stats would be:
Sp.Atk: 110
or:
Sp.Atk: 110

Also, I'm thinking that this months's Corocoro will showcase more mega evolutions, an official reveal of Oorotto, an official reveal of our alpaca-like friend shown in Pokemon Direct, the updated type chart (obviously, as they already confirmed this), the mega evolutions shown in Pokemon Direct, and about 2 or 3 new Pokemon.

Also, I'm really just starting to ramble now, so I should probably stop posting in this thread until more news comes through.
Corrected.

Eevee evos don't have 115 in any base stat.

They do not
Yea, my only basis for saying that was because I believed the Japanese versions came pre-installed with either version. I was unruly enough not to check the specifics on the North American release before making my post. I apologize.

Anyways, I'm entertaining the thought of Drought Mzard with Chlorosaur and Rapidstoise for some reason, even though there are much better options out there.

Corrected.

Eevee evos don't have 115 in any base stat.
Herp derp, I forgot. Also, I just realized that I had the HP and Sp.Atk stats flipped, so it should have looked something like this:

HP: 110
Sp.Atk: 95

or:
HP: 110
Sp.Atk: 95
Sp.Atk: 130

Thanks for catching my mistake, though, I guess that's what I get for just going on and on without checking over what I wrote.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
- Shiny Manaphy (I seem to recall this already being blocked on the GTS although I might be wrong)
I believe you are; it's perfectly possible. The shiny flag is blocked only for the Egg, so the PID is re-rolled if the first one generates a shiny with the Egg's ID/SID... But, if you transfer the Egg to another game, it still might come as a shiny. Manaphy's sprite won't be shiny when it hatches, but will be in the Summary.

Oh dang that's right. If the rumor holds true, that almost reflects another triangle. It depends on what Fairy is resistant to if anything to be a TRUE triangle, but that works from the strength perspective. Again, if the rumor holds true.

With all the Psychic moves Fennekin has been using in trailers though, I doubt this is the case. Unless it truly is Ninetales 2.

EDIT: @below

Wow, me...

I need more coffee....
Fire/Fairy would be neutral to Steel, so not perfectly balanced.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shiny Manaphy is still sadly blocked, although this may just be GF/Nintendo being stubborn about their "foolproof" anti-shiny lock for Manaphy.

OK guys here me out, I have a theory that can debunk the hack checks in Pokemon Bank/Poke Transporter

So recently there was a competition called the 2013 Global Showdown and I participated with my legal hacks.
Now I didn't go far into it, I just played enough rounds to get into the Test Competition for X/Y which will begin this December or January.
Now read this:

Now if this is true, I shouldn't be able to see my rank in the tournament as I competed with legal hacks...however

My rank is shown...which leads me to believe that their hack checks aren't as DEEP as we thought, so I think we will be good once Poke Bank rolls around if the hack checks are going to be the same.
So for now, rest easy Legit Hackers, we will be fine.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Legit and hacker are two words that are mutually exclusive.

But anything that's legal will pass.

This one thing has been bothering me. In the latest Nintendo Direct, they said that for Pokemon to MEvolve, the trainer needs to activate the MStone. And it was shown that the MStone was 'inside' the Pokemon. So, how do held items get 'inside' Pokemon? This really creeps me out.

This one thing has been bothering me. In the latest Nintendo Direct, they said that for Pokemon to MEvolve, the trainer needs to activate the MStone. And it was shown that the MStone was 'inside' the Pokemon. So, how do held items get 'inside' Pokemon? This really creeps me out.
From the Direct at around 13:30:
Mega Evolution occurs when the Mega Ring that the trainer wears and the Mega Stone that the Pokémon possesses connect with each other.
Where did you hear it was inside of them?

Uhmmm...what? You never see a Pokémon in battle visibly holding a Life Orb or a Focus Sash, does that mean that they swallowed the item whole before its effects took place?

Keep in mind, it's a HELD item (and apparently it looks like a large cat's-eye marble). Unless you're somehow confusing the MEvo animation to mean that the spinning purple light that comes from the center of the Pokémon when the player activates the Mega Ring is actually the stone glowing inside of the Pokémon's gut, I don't see where you're getting such a theory from. If that is the case, it isn't the light of the Mega Stone, it's the light of Mega Evolution. And you know, finally understanding THE POWER THAT'S INSI~IDE, and so forth.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The only ones really surprising me are Bouffalant, Galvantula and Drifblim. The rest is a decent mix of fan favourites, "Pokémon that need an evolution", and 'mons heavily featured in the Anime (notably Carnivine and Drapion).

I guess that a decent mix of sixth generation Pokémon will be thrown in there as well. How those will be selected, I don't know, but I guess it involves heavy marketing and featuring in games and Anime.

Also, if this is true, I guess we have seen the last cross-generational "true" evolution. Sylveon thus marks the end of an era.

I'd be very very happy if that list came true, though I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around a better scizor/volcarona/garchomp/ttar/dnite/celebi/etc.

Potential new leak of all megaevolutions. If this is real what do you guys think about it?
As much as I'd love for that to be true, it's fake. The name if the Kanto region is written in kanji (like the real Kanto region) but it never usually is and no other regions are done that way. "Evolution" in "Mega Evolution" also uses kanji but again would use katakana.

Also didn't it seem, you know, suspect that all the pseudolegendaries got Mega Evos except Hydreigon?

Edit: also the phrasing of "unlock the secret of Mega Evolution" is just off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)