Apprentice Program: Round Seventy Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 77 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees!

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Username: Santuga
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: HaxedToOblivion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, university schedule coming up in a week or so. Until then, I have lots of free time
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Experienced played, I play almost every tier and I try to learn as fast as possible. I'm a nice guy and do karate to smash random (BAN ME PLEASE)s on the street
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yep

Molk agreed to tutor me

Last edited:
Username: Zangetsu9876
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Zangetsu9876
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST 6pm onward
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers/OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I use to play DPP OU heavily and I wanna get back into competitive mons in time for X and Y. I've been playing around on Showdown and have not done very well in this strange new Meta. I realize it's going to all change in a month, but I just wanna get some tutoring so I can at least play better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: The reason for my low post count is because I really dont have much to add to the current meta as I know very little and my batting skills are pretty rusty.

Last edited:
Username: Fukushuu
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Fukushuu
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1; Weekdays 4 PM onwards, Weekends most hours
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've just recently begun to develop an interest in competitive Pokemon, and my current knowledge is fairly limited, largely due to the fact my only real experience has been by using archived teams on the PS ladder. I joined Smogon largely to try and have a shot at the tutoring program to see if I can improve my skills in time for the advent of the 6th Generation. My biggest inherent weaknesses as it stands is general turn to turn play and ability to form long term plans (i.e. identify win conditions).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Naturally.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I am a quick and attentive learner, and intend to try and integrate into the larger Smogon community following the completion of the tutoring program should I be accepted. I feel the tutoring program would allow me to bring my skills up to the required standard for contribution to the Smogon forums, while allowing me to familiarise myself with active members that I can learn from.

Username: Kudos
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kudos (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Generally speaking, 9 am to 12 pm GMT +1 (2 am to 5 pm EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/UU/RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing "competitively" (AKA having an alt on PS) since March, and I already tried to sign up for Battling 101 at the time; now I'm returning after the summer break, willing to expand my knowledge about competitive Pokémon as a whole, rather than a specific tier.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I spend an awful lot of time lurking, but I usually restrain myself from posting because of my supposedly terrible Pokémon knowledge. Anyway, I plan on being a more active forum member, as soon as I'll have something valuable to share with the forum. Oh, and I'm and a fast learner blahblahblah

Last edited:
Username: Moony
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Moony
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays - 6 PM to 10 PM, Weekends - Pretty much all day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Freshman in high school, favorite subject is math, also play the violin. I mostly lurk around the forums , don't post much. Would like to learn more about BW OU.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutor?: Yup.

Skipped last round.

Last edited:
Username: Yuttt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Yuttt or Yuttt with roman numerals after it
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST, usually from 8:00 P.M to 10:00 or later, and from 7:00 A.M to 8 or 9:00. Also sometimes during the day. I can be very flexible.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, and maybe RU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm play piano as a hobby, and do stuff like building robots and modeling history. I started playing pokemon around 5 years ago, and had no idea what I was doing ._.' I had stuff like a completely special Snorlax. After I completed a bunch of 4th Gen games, I stopped playing until just a few months ago, when I got into competitive playing. I started out in OU, and really sucked, and eventually went to UU, and got a good rating with a Shedinja team. Pretty recently, I got back to OU, and started learning up on the tier. I just got Reqs for the Keldeo suspect test, and have been trying to build a team of my own that does well. I also want to learn more about how to play 'well'.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes (I have to figure out what they are, though)

Username: pwb9870
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: pwb9870/waifukurumi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 7PM to 8:30PM Weekdays, 5PM to 8PM Saturdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Senior in high school. I've only gotten into competitive pokemon battling this year and I am trying to learn more about the competitive world of pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I want to learn more about competitive pokemon battling so I can enjoy the full experience that pokemon has to give, and I believe a tutor will help me learn the basics and become a good player.

ebeast has agreed to tutor me.

Username: Subject 18
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Subject 18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Tuesday, Thursday, weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: 4th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive pokemon for almost a year now sticking only to BW OU and I've been really wanting to learn some of the past metagames and maybe compete in Smogon Tour. I'm a big sports fan mainly basketball and football though I do somewhat keep up with baseball though I'm not that knowledge with that. I'm in college doing pre-med.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Last edited:
Username: Tera

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Tera or Terablitz

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC - 08:00 hour
Weekdays im on 5pm+
Weekends kinda all the time but i still have some social gathering like this Saturday there is this wedding i have to go to.

What tier do you want to learn?: OU whatever is in standard BW2 right now and X and Y when they come out

Tell us a little about yourself:
Hey there my name is Raul, you will probably have a hard time with the pronunciation so call me Tera.
I am a 17 year old Mexican i play basketball even tho i don't watch it on tv i find it boring.
I love anime and manga, i like manga better but i still watch some anime, i read a lot fantasy mostly.
I play a bit of TF2 i try to be competitive but im not interested in joining a team i just try to beat anyone i play.
I play MTG and Heroclix bot at my LGS, mtg i play standard and modern Heroclix the store just started with it so we play the "whatever we have" mode 500 pts.
I love strategy games and specially game of prediction so Pokemon is right on my track.
I started to know about competitive Pokemon from thekillernacho from YT but hes not pasting videos anymore so i think its my time to play instead of just watching.
My raiting in PO is like 9XX right now i cant higher, i still use a spreadsheet with Pokemon weakness and mostly i forget Pokemon have moves that 1Hk the Pokemon im using, im really jsut learning from mistakes.
Now that im up to Pokemon im here like 1hr a day battling and like 30 minutes just lurking on the rate my team section to see what the meta is.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I dont find any reason to post, ive been lurking since i singed up but i feel that either my opinion is misinformed or just not relevant enough to post i fear if i just irrelevant thing it would lead me to spam and i dont think i would be able to get a tutor if i get flagged as a spammer.
I feel what i just said is is very generic but i just kinda feel out of place in a competitive Pokemon forum just starting.
I love the idea of what you're doing here, giving a lot of help to the new guys but i think there should be like a new guys forums where we could ask newbie questions.
Yes i am aware of the Battle 101 seminars which is also a great idea.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Lady Samantha

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Free all afternoons and weekends, very flexible. ( University started, so these times are subject to change )

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 24 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course.

Last edited:
Username: TyranitarTerror
Pokemon Showdown Usernames: TyranitarTerror and MechaTyranitar
Timezone and Availability: GMT -8 and I am available through 9 AM to 11 PM (This is until school starts on the 30th, but my schedule will remain relatively open even then)
Tier of Interest: BW2 OU
Miscellaneous Information: I am a 19 year old college student who likes to read write, draw and paint.
Tutee Talk Threads: Yes

Jirachi has agreed to Tutor me

Username: New Breed
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: New Breed
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +10 but usually very flexible
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 year old Aussie that likes sports and is BASED. Want to learn ADV to wreck smog tour :]
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Username:BigBonBon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown:bonbon,bigbonbon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -8, I am available 4pm to 6pm weekdays and for the most part all day on the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a senior in high school and I have been playing pokemon competitively since BW. I really want to get better but cant seem to get past this wall ive hit. I would really like to have a deeper understanding of teambuilding so when x&y roll around i get make my own teams without the dependence of smogon analyzes. I live in california and I love to draw, play videogames, and watch anime. I am a wrestler in the 182 lb weightclass and I have been wrestling for 3 years now.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yup

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS:
I have been lurking for a long time and don't post because I don't consider myself an expert on pokemon. I feel like what I would post or contribute wouldnt be helpful to the smogon community if Im not an expert pokemon battler.

Username: lokt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: lokt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-7, 4-10pm on weekdays, 1-9pm on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ru
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to get into the ru tier. I laddered for reqs in the recent suspect test and used august's stall team. I really enjoyed playing ru due to the increased viability of stall compared to ou.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes
Blarajan said I would get a tutor this round because he was busy moving into college and couldn't tutor me.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Metal Sonic
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Metal Sonic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+8, normal school hours is 4pm onward, free for whole of saturday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 LC / BW2 NU / BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Sonic the Hedgehog. I suck at LC and NU. I'd like some help for LC or NU. I have usually problems meeting East Americans due to timezone (Wests are fine)
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure

*I'm going to check with Raseri who tutored me last round if he can continue with me again. He got really busy these days since he started university but I'll ask first.

Raseri is busy with school and is unable to tutor me for the next round :( This means I will have to find another tutor for the tiers!

Last edited:
Username:Mylo Xyloto
*Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username*:Mylo Xyloto, Xylo
*Your timezone and usual hours of availability*:GMT+2 im avaliable on weekends and can be on irc during the week.
What tier do you want to learn?: 4 Gen OU
*Tell us a little about yourself*:Well i love music. I like pokemon.
*Will you be willing to do*tutee talk threads on your tutors?*:Uhm sure?

Username:Broken Wing
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Rozy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT -5) 7PM-1AM
What tier do you want to learn?:ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year old freshman in college. I've been playing competitively on and off since about early 2008 and I'm looking to get back into the swing of competitive pokemon.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:sure

Username: Kaitii
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Meenah
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 and available most days at most times
What tier do you want to learn?: Gen 5 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm going to college to be a vet tech and I play too much Pokemon and Monster Hunter I guess
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Shore

AB2 agreed to tutor me

Username: Turtleye
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Turtleye
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +1 GMT, I'm usually free around 4-9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: B2W2 RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a boy at the age of 15 and I'm playing pokemon since 2008, but I got bored of the game and decided to go competitive.
Also I like Turtles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes, when I find out how it works.

(Also I may have to let you know I'm away from this Wednesday 'till Friday, school camp)

Username:Soma
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:KGFTW
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (i live in California), free on Mondays and Wednesdays, a life rest of the week till 7pm I'd say.
What tier do you want to learn?: I guess the current ou/doubles so BW2. Still getting used to the terminology.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a college student primarily, going for English or Bio. I love music, playing and listening, and I like to spend time with friends and loved ones. I like playing Showdown whenever I rest at home.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure, why not.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Competitive battling has always been on my mind ever since I heard of EVs and IVs. Then breeding got mixed in and wow, there's just so much. I started playing on Showdown not so long ago, but getting up that ladder is hard with teams of "random" pokemon I find amazing. I recently got my butt handed to me, so I hope to learn a lot new here.

Last edited:
Username:1Dragon
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Showdown: 1Dragon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central -6 available 9am-9pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU(priority) BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love this game, and I love dragons. I played competitively in 2011 and sucked, now that I'm getting back into it I still suck. Everything I learned has been though the threads of this site and its helped a lot but I just can't seem to improve. I try getting advice from others but that hasn't gotten me very far. I wanted to apply for tutoring back in 2011, but I didn't have a computer, now I'm all set, so I hope you guys consider me!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yea, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: Well I'm a quick learner, everything I know I've read via smogon threads and YouTube, I wanna be able to make my own team and not direct copies of analysis, especially since I'm at a dead end when there's no alternative to "Hidden Power Ice" and I would love to get pass that.

Last edited:
Username: nerdling101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: wahoo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00pm-5:00pm, weekdays, Australian eastern standard time. On weekends, I can get in around 10:00am-11:00am. If you are desperate, I can try getting 7:00pm-8:00pm on weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers, ou, balanced hackmons
Tell us a little about yourself:well, I started getting interested in pokemon a few months ago, and found smogon. I love this site, it gives info on anything about competitive battling which I find a great video game time waster, as it constantly changes, not the same old, same old.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS: I want my competive battling to suceed, paticularly in team building. I constantly hang around the ubers tier, and mess around with BH(balanced hackmons) a while ago. I found competitive pokemon very interesting, better than most other games because you can vs real life opponents.

I got ignored(not picked) last month, don't know if that gives me some sort of benefit?

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ShellShocker
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ShellShocker
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 (Australia). Holidays are starting up so I'll be online all day during my timezone.
What tier do you want to learn?: Smogon Doubles
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm fairly new to playing metagames outside of my comfort zone. I've been playing the OU tier for almost a year and now that I feel comfortable playing that I'd like to step into a new metagame and learn the ropes. I enjoy sports, psychology and gaming and I'm looking forward to learning about Smogon Doubles.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.

Username: Tyranitarphantom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Switcheroo / God Rooster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ~3pm - 10pm EST (GMT -5, I believe)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitively since early DP, though I tried to get into ADV near the end of it's time. I never really got to enjoy ADV OU, so I'd like to be taught more about it.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)