Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was dark really so OP that it needed to be nerfed? I can understand dragon and fighting but dark??? At this point ghost is better than dark offensively and defensively.

Was dark really so OP that it needed to be nerfed? I can understand dragon and fighting but dark??? At this point ghost is better than dark offensively and defensively.
Apparently Game Freak needed a patsy so that Fairy DIDN'T just look like a metagame patch, and Dark drew the short straw.

Apparently Game Freak needed a patsy so that Fairy DIDN'T just look like a metagame patch, and Dark drew the short straw.
Maybe they made a new dark move that's really broken. Maybe they made a dark type close-combat or a dark type stealth rock? I guess we'll find out. I guess it would make sense then.

The more that I think about it, the more I realize that Steel types loosing their Dark/Ghost resist is a pretty big deal!

Scizor and Heatran is going to have to be a lot more careful about switching into Tyranitar since now all of its standard moves hit them for at least neutral damage. Gengar is going to be a much bigger threat now that Skarmory can't wall it as easily and its Sludge Bomb can now be used to hit Fairies. Speaking of Skarmory, not being able to wall Dark/Ghost types as well might hamper its walling capabilities. Now that it has a means to hit Fairies super-effectively, will it start to run Steel Wing?

Dark-Types got received both positive and negatives this gen. The aforementioned Steel resist is gone which can really help things like Bisharp and and Honchkrow sweep. However, it does look like Fairy Types will absolutely destroy them...

Dark-Types got received both positive and negatives this gen. The aforementioned Steel resist is gone which can really help things like Bisharp and and Honchkrow sweep. However, it does look like Fairy Types will absolutely destroy them...
Yes, but Ghost, Poison and Fire ONLY received positives from this type chart. Everything else has either both positive and negatives (steel, fairy, dark) or just negatives (bug, dragon, fighting)

I think GF nerfed Dark so we can use more psychic types.

Think about it...Dark was introduced to the game because psychic dominated...and today we use very few psychic(pokes or moves). Nerfing Dark is actually GF solution to give psychic a indirect buff, after all is one of the favorite types since gen 1.

I think GF nerfed Dark so we can use more psychic types.

Think about it...Dark was introduced to the game because psychic dominated...and today we use very few psychic(pokes or moves). Nerfing Dark is actually GF solution to give psychic a indirect buff, after all is one of the favorite types since gen 1.
Yeah, maybe. Psychic IS pretty weak in the current metagame, so it might make sense to give it a buff.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, maybe. Psychic IS pretty weak in the current metagame, so it might make sense to give it a buff. Also, did someone delete three of my posts?
The thing is... Psychic types didn't get much of a buff. Three of the most used Psychic types (Metagross/Jirachi/Bronzong) are now weak to Dark like the rest of their brethren. The addition of Fairy types doesn't really change the fact that Dark-types still take a massive shit on most Psychic types.

The thing is... Psychic types didn't get much of a buff. Three of the most used Psychic types (Metagross/Jirachi/Bronzong) are now weak to Dark like the rest of their brethren. The addition of Fairy types doesn't really change the fact that Dark-types still take a massive shit on most Psychic types.
I never said that they DID get a buff, I said that it would MAKE SENSE for them to get a buff. Either way, looks like gen2's metagame patch worked a little TOO well.

I think it'll go like this:
Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock
Fire/Psychic (Fennekin2's tail loosk like a broom)
and Water/Fighting

Ground/Rock beats Fire, Fire beats Grass, Water beats both Ground & Rock, Fighting beats Rock, Water beats Fire
and Psychic beats Fighting!
PERFECTLY BALANCED!

These three pokes(Metagross/Jirachi/Bronzong) got a little less usefull because on the nerf of steel types, not psychic...but other psychic Pokes in many tiers will be just a little more usable i suppose

I never said that they DID get a buff, I said that it would MAKE SENSE for them to get a buff. Either way, looks like gen2's metagame patch worked a little TOO well.
They antiquated psychics in that gen. They gave what would soon become e best defensive type in the game a resistance to it, and a weakness to the trapper type, which also was immune to it. Poor psychic had no chance.

I think it'll go like this:
Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock
Fire/Psychic (Fennekin2's tail loosk like a broom)
and Water/Fighting

Ground/Rock beats Fire, Fire beats Grass, Water beats both Ground & Rock, Fighting beats Rock, Water beats Fire
and Psychic beats Fighting!
PERFECTLY BALANCED!
Not really as Grass resists Water, throwing off your balance quite a bit.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
These three pokes(Metagross/Jirachi/Bronzong) got a little less usefull because on the nerf of steel types, not psychic...but other psychic Pokes is many tiers will be just a little more usable i suppose
How so...? Dark-typed moves will be even more spammable now that Steel doesn't resist their STABs.

Definitely not a fan of digimon concepts. Although I thought mark walk needs an evolution to continue hunting kanghaskhans, now that they have adapted new skills.
this made me LOL

also I wonder if there will be new pairing abilities associated with the cats and if pairs like volbeat and illumise will get it

They antiquated psychics in that gen. They gave what would soon become e best defensive type in the game a resistance to it, and a weakness to the trapper type, which also was immune to it. Poor psychic had no chance.
Yeah, no kidding. Ironically, Psychic's best chance at survival viability in the current metagame is to be accompanied by one of the very types designed to counter it.

this made me LOL

also I wonder if there will be new pairing abilities associated with the cats and if pairs like volbeat and illumise will get it
Lol that makes me happy. Also sorry about the damn auto correct f-iMG with the Pokemon names. I don't even know its doing it sometimes.

Definitely not a fan of digimon concepts. Although I thought marowak needs an evolution to continue hunting kanghaskhans, now that they have adapted new skills.
Marowak should Mega-evolve to have TWO bones. Just like Alakazam has TWO spoons.
Then it can combat against having to hunt two Kangas at a time due to their MEvo.
I think it will happen.

Marowak should Mega-evolve to have TWO bones. Just like Alakazam has TWO spoons.
Then it can combat against having to hunt two Kangas at a time due to their MEvo.
I think it will happen.
Or just one longer bone. Like a quarter staff. That way it can keep its distance while fighting, although ruins the boomerang tribe concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)