Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Meowstick is basically the same as Nidoran?
In the aspect that for each gender, there is a unique pokemon in the opposition as having a different form like Jellicent?
Its more an extension of those ideas and gender differences that might eventually extend to most pokemon

Braixen is a combination of the French word 'braise', which means coal, and 'vixen'.

So I guess it is pronounced Bray-ksen
Thanks for that. I don't know any French outside the words American English has randomly grabbed for its own use.

Speaking of names, I just realized how awesome Tyrunt's name is. Ty as in Tyrannosaurs. Runt as in small. But it's also a vowel change away from being Tyrant, as in Tyrant Lizard King. And he's the Royal Heir Pokemon. That simple name is so kickass. I really, really hope he has a crown when he evolves.

There's actually a lot of royalty in this game. Tyrunt was just explained, Pyroar is the Royal pokemon with Noble Roar, and Furfrou's dex entry mentions how it used to protect kings. Gamefreak is really going all out with the France theme. I wonder if the third legendary is a king of some sorts and Xerneas and Yvelatal are it's knights...or something. And the Trio could be pawns. That card-suite theme from the debunked Mr. XY a while ago would be really cool right about now.

Last edited:
Which version are people getting or are you getting both? Ive just changed my pre-order to X for Mewtwo fighting as to me that form looks badass.

Also what starter...I always prefer the underdog so ill be rocking Chespin. Might get Venusaur too as he was my first starter in Blue. #TeamGrass.
I'm definitely getting Pokémon X and I'll probably start with Fennekin and as for the other one Bulbasaur, if it has it's DW ability. Otherwise I don't really care cos I can easily get all the starters myself anyway.

Finally. I always thought something was wrong when I could switch any fire type in on will o wisp but for body slam... nothing. Freak'n Jirachi, Togekiss.... grumble

And zapdos getting paralyzed by thunder wave? Wth. Now all is right... except for ice not getting a hail defense boost.

Secret Power (not relevant) and Tri Attack could still freeze the target, didn't know they were immune to freeze from Ice-type moves though.
I had forgotten about those two. I wonder if this change (if there is indeed one) will prevent Ice types from being frozen altogether.

I think the theme of the starters are typical fantasy adventure characters: a warrior (Quilladin), a witch (Braixen), and a thief (Frogadier). I'm pretty sure the name Quilladin is from Quill and Paladin.

- A Youtube comment :P

Am I the only one who noticed Braixen is using a stick? A pokemon is actually using a weapon. The only two I can think of off the top of my head that do that are Marowak and Farfetch'd.

Which version are people getting or are you getting both? Ive just changed my pre-order to X for Mewtwo fighting as to me that form looks badass.

Also what starter...I always prefer the underdog so ill be rocking Chespin. Might get Venusaur too as he was my first starter in Blue. #TeamGrass.
Getting X for Xerneas and MegaGallade... Er, Mewtwo.

Starter... Either Chespin/Squirtle or Froakie/Bulbasaur depending on Froakie's second type, if its redundant with Event Blaziken.

Second run, Im going with the other non-fire combo, along with the Shiny Gible from BW2 and female Pyroar.

Am I the only one who noticed Braixen is using a stick? A pokemon is actually using a weapon. The only two I can think of off the top of my head that do that are Marowak and Farfetch'd.
Interesting.. maybe Braixen would have a held item that boosts its SpA or something. Then again, maybe not. GF mostly reserves it for gimmick Pokemon and most importantly, not to a starter, which would give it an unfair advantage over the others.

And does Refrigerate give the mon an increased chance of freezing (Besides the type change of Normal to Ice)? because that could see some good competitive use.

Except for Xerneas/Yveltal and MegaMewtwo X/Y, it wasn't announced more differences between the versions right?

I want to preorder but I don't know which one. Yveltal looks cool but Xerneas is cool too and DAT FAIRY TYPING. I was leaning towards Y but now the fairy chart made me think of X. (Don't care of the MegaTwos).

Generally when are more/most of the differences announced? We don't have the japanese version to know firsthand anymore, and Corocoro will now only come out again in the release, and I really want to preorder.

Difficult choices ahead!

And does Refrigerate give the mon an increased chance of freezing (Besides the type change of Normal to Ice)? because that could see some good competitive use.
It's be pretty unpopular though, since most people, including myself, hate having a Pokemon frozen. Changing Normal moves to Ice moves is good enough to see competitive use on the proper Pokemon.

I already decided on X version. My starter is Fennekin seeing how it'll most likely be Psychic and I'm stuck between Squirtle or Charmander. Either way, let's see if 29 days will fly by a bit quickly.

Except for Xerneas/Yveltal and MegaMewtwo X/Y, it wasn't announced more differences between the versions right?

I want to preorder but I don't know which one. Yveltal looks cool but Xerneas is cool too and DAT FAIRY TYPING. I was leaning towards Y but now the fairy chart made me think of X. (Don't care of the MegaTwos).

Generally when are more/most of the differences announced? We don't have the japanese version to know firsthand anymore, and Corocoro will now only come out again in the release, and I really want to preorder.

Difficult choices ahead!
Do you mean anymore version exclusives? Because otherwise I'm not sure what you could mean.
Clauncher
Swirlix
Xerneas
Mega Mewtwo X

Skrelp
Spritzee
Yveltal
Mega Mewtwo Y

Do you mean anymore version exclusives? Because otherwise I'm not sure what you could mean.
Clauncher
Swirlix
Xerneas
Mega Mewtwo X

Skrelp
Spritzee
Yveltal
Mega Mewtwo Y
Yes, I meant things like that. Thanks, I was not aware of those version exclusives! I think I have decided to go for Y :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)