OU - Dreadstorm - Grimsly

OU – DREADSTORM– OU

…an RMT by Grimsly

(Image courtesy of DeviantArt.com, made by Kgym)

> Introductions <

Hello Smogon! Grimsly here to bring you my second RMT, this time an OU team featuring a rather underrated threat in Bisharp! The other portion of the team involves a more balanced sand archetype, also demonstrating the ever growing use of Amoonguss in OU and its dreaded presence on any team preview. Other than that, let’s get straight into it!

> Team Building Process <​

As mentioned in my introduction, the team is centred around the use of Bisharp in OU. I know it is capable of hitting hard and potentially setting up, not something I'd enjoy sweeping with at times, but a strong threat nonetheless, so I added Bisharp.

The next step for me was to find Pokemon that compliment Bisharp, not in his sweeping prowess, but instead allowing him to function well on a team. In the end, I found similarly like Scizor, Rotom-W shares excellent synergy whilst covering Bisharps check and vice versa, so I added Rotom-W.

At this stage I noticed Keldeo can cause me grief especially since it is a dominating force in the current meta-game, hence this is where I added Amoonguss to the mix, again offering some nice synergy with Rotom-W/Bisharp. At this stage I also decided to add Heatran whom completes a rather solid FWG core forming the basis of my team.

It was here that I had to make the decision on whether or not to, well, run weather lol. In the end I decided on Hippowdon, since he makes for a rather nice counter to physically based Dragons, which I felt I was weak to here. I figured I wasn't reliant on the weather, but instead would use it to both wear down the opposing team, and disrupt their own weather, especially the likes of sun, so Hippowdon joined the gang.

The last and most certainly not least spot on my team went to Latios. I felt like I wanted something with a strong offensive presence, and one that isn't too easily walled, therefore Latios was added to the team!

After taking into consideration all of the suggestions made, I began trying out Scarfrachi in place of Scraftran, this is mainly due to its ability to cover more of the 'red' threats that really caused my team issues if they weren't checked properly.So Jirachi was added over Heatran.

Also at this point in time, the team was rather weak to entry hazards, and I would often find myself losing v stall a lot of the time. This is where a Bulky Rapid Spin Starmie replaced Rotom-W, despite the loss in some residual damage in WoW and momentum with Volt Switch, Starmie offers reliably recovery with the benefit of Rapid Spin and spreading burns with Scald. Lastly, Starmie was added over Rotom-W.

Therefore this is now the team in its final state as of now, and has been performing much better.

> Team Analysis <
BISHARP

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

This would be the most threatening set a Bisharp can run in OU, the EVs have been tweaked to better suit its role from that which I was previously running (252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def). This boost in Bisharp's speed is critical in allowing it to outspeed certain threats that it itself can take out, including, Jellicent, Choice Band Tyranitar, specially defensive Heatran, and completely defensive Landorus-T, just to name a few. The new EV spread was suggested in the "Lower Tier Threats" forum by user "Alexwolf", after I applied them to my team, I noticed it works much smoother in achieving its goal. Also suggested, was the use of Dread Plate over the likes of Life Orb and Leftovers, since it offers the lovely boost in dark STAB, without the drawbacks of a Life Orb, which can , in certain situations, prevent a 2HKO.
This set is rather straightforward, the use of Night Slash / Sucker Punch prompts me to play the frustrating "Sucker Punch or die" scenario in some cases. Low kick offers hefty damage to opposing Steel Types, Tyranitar, and Terrakion locked into Stone Edge. I don't find it difficult to find opportunities to set up a Swords Dance, since I can opt to set up on Foretress / Ferrothorn if need be, or sponge a hit or two from anything locked into Dragon / Rock STAB in turn letting me set up without the added worry of entry hazards being placed on my side. Therefore I really enjoy using Bisharp on this team as it's a rather fun underrated threat in the current meta-game.

STARMIE

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 4 SAtk / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

Assuming the role of Rotom-W on the team, with the added benefit of clearing the field of pesky entry hazards, Starmie manages to find a spot on the team rather easily. Like Rotom-W, Starmie displays some awesome synergy with both Amoonguss / Bisharp on the team. It performs a very defensive role, being able to spread burns just as Rotom-W could and through use of Recover increase the team's longevity more reliably. The EV set ensures I out speed any base 100's, while adding just a pinch more to Starmie's bulk, allowing it to take physical blows a little easier.
The moveset is rather straight forward, I opted to keep similar coverage options as to not open up too much new weaknesses when taking Starmie on board, Thunderbolt is mainly for Gyarados, whom can sweep the team if given a chance. Starmie also attempts to cover the Mamoswine weakness the team possesses, although not doing it as well as Rotom-W, it will suffice. Lastly, and most importantly, Starmie helps me combat stall a lot easier, actually making those battles win-able in many a situations. Therefore I find Starmie's new place on the team right at home.

AMOONGUSS

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss is my primary Keldeo check on the team, and thanks to regenerator, allows it to consistently check Keldeo throughout the game, without the fear of being Pursuit bait to Tyranitar. It also serves as another reliable Water type switch in, while being able to wall Venusaur to a degree. Not to mention, it's ability to put something to Sleep in this current meta-game is the equivalent of a KO.
Spore coupled with Stun Spore creates the rather nasty double status set. Its ability to force the opponent to almost 'sacrifice' a Pokemon to Sleep is amazing. Stun Spore then crippling any of my opponents speedy sweepers or wall breakers, which in turn gives some of my slower Pokemon a chance to get the upper hand on them. I rather enjoy the use of HP: Ice, since it can serve as a deterrent to Dragon / Flying or Ground types from attempting to set up on me, since after rocks, can usually lead to them being OHKO'd or in Sucker Punch range. Amoonguss is also my primary Breloom switch in, since it can cause this team headaches if left unchecked by Latios.

JIRACHI

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Also suggested in the comments was the use of Choice Scarf Jirachi over the use of Heatran. By using this, I can cover much more 'red' threats mentioned in my list when opposed to having Heatran on the team. The only weaknesses I expose myself is a larger one to that of Sun Teams, and I also find taking Skarmory out to be tougher as well. However despite those new weaknesses, I feel like Jirachi helps me deal with threats that were once unable to be dealt with.
The move set aims to maintain momentum and keep the game in my favour, outspeeding many Dragons even at +1 is a huge, well, plus! Iron Head is the primary STAB option against threats like Genger / Alakazam / Mamoswine / Kyurem-B / Terrakion / Tyranitar. U-Turn works to force out threats such as Hydreigon / Espeon while of course maintaining my teams pseudo offensive presence. Trick is the last moveset, which allows me to mitigate the new difficulty in taking Skarmory down. Lessening its options is a surefire way to prevent it from really doing too much during a game, same going for any dedicated walls on my opponents team.

HIPPOWDON

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

It's role on a team has been explained hundreds of times, so I won't bore you with that. I only really use it as a solid physical wall, it's ability to recover, which aids in my teams longevity, being my Stealth Rock setter, options in phazing out many opponents whom try to stay in and set up, and of course, its ability to disrupt the opposing weather is essential in me defeating Sun Teams that abuse Venusaur or Lilligant's Chlorophyll.

LATIOS

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The second half of offensive presence on the team, something that isn't easily walled, especially when running an Expert Belt set, taking away from the usual Choice sets running rampant in OU. This offers a lovely surprise factor, especially when I'm pitted against opposing Ferrothorn / Foretress, since this is what usually severely damages them, allowing them to easily be picked off later during the game. It is also my main check v opposing Breloom, since I easily outspeed and proceed to OHKO with Psyshock. The joys of an Expert Belt is that is eases predictions on my part, since with Choiced sets I usually try to be to "ballin" and go unrealistic plays.
The moveset is optimised to cover many threats to my team, while serving its purpose as a strong offensive presence. The only worry is evading Pursuit trappers on the opposing team, especially Tyranitar. Through its natural bulk, Latios also serves as my Sun counter, being able to wall Venusaur and ensue an OHKO through means of Psyshock.

> Threat List <
(Red = Big Threat, Orange = Med Threat, Plain = Easy Peasy)​
: ALAKAZAM : Alakazam still poses to be quite the threat despite the team changes, Jirachi however can usually switch into safely and proceed to force it out with U-Turn, or break its Focus Sash. Amoonguss can survive a Psychic from Focus Sash variants and Stun Spore back.
: BLISSEY : I actually find I don't have too much troubles dealing with this, in fact I can use it to set up Bisharp, deal hefty damage with a Psyshock from Latios, or even pressure it with Hippowdon.
: BRELOOM : A threat some teams have troubles dealing with, I find with my current team I don't have any problems ensuring it gets taken out, the only issues with it is it's annoying Spore assuming it has initiative on me, I would consider running Sleep Talk over Surf to mitigate this on Latios.
: CELEBI :I find I can switch in on it with Bisharp / Jirachi with ease and proceed to force it out. Jirachi / Bisharp need to be wary of possible Earth Powers though, with which Latios can avoid and drop Draco Meteors or HP: Fires on to force out or possibly KO.
: CLOYSTER : Can be extremely problematic if my Starmie is down, since that's my full stop to this thing completely sweeping my team. Jirachi can use Trick on a possible Shell Smash, opting to trap it and prevent its set up for the duration of the game.
: CONKELDURR : I find I can wall it and phaze it out with Hippowdon, or deal large amounts of damage with Latios, being wary of Payback / Ice Punch.
: DONPHAN :Force out by Starmie, I just need to be wary of Earthquake, walled though by Hippowdon allowing me to force it out while getting Stealth Rocks up in the process.
: DRAGONITE : I can deal with it through Hippowdon walling it, then phazing it out. It is essential that my Stealth Rocks are up though as to break Multiscale. Bisharp can come in on Outrage, and 2HKO with Sucker Punch, or severely weaken it, Jirachi can out speed even when Dragonite is at +1 and proceed to OHKO with Ice Punch assuming no Multiscale, Amoonguss also can force heavy damage against it and prevent set up through HP: Ice.
: DUGTRIO : Doesn't threaten anything on my team aside from Jirachi / Bisharp, but who's stupid enough to ever leave them in with this in the team preview. Beaten by Starmie / Amoonguss / Hippowdon.
: ESPEON : Jirachi can U-Turn this out, or Iron Head it to death. Bisharp can counter it assuming it doesn't carry HP: Fighting, however, if it is carrying HP: Fighting, Latios can do reasonable damage to it.
: FERROTHORN : The way I play the team, I set out to destroy this thing early game, since with it gone that = less hazards and much less of a worry. HP: Fire on Latios can deal with it if my opponent suspects a Choice Set, Bisharp can set up on it, Heatran can easily force it out.
: GARCHOMP : Depends on the set. If Swords Dance, it can deal heavy damage to Hippowdon and wear it down quickly, however this allows Jirachi to not fear Dragon Dance and easily revenge, even despite a +1 set up. Dragon Dance sets can be dealt with easier since I can drop Draco Meteors / HP: Ice from Latios and Amoonguss respectively. If it's a Choice Scarf variant, Hippowdon walls it much easier.
: GASTRODON : Completely shut down by Amoonguss, thanks to its immunity to Toxic. I only need to watch out for Life Orb variants, since they can cause me some issues.
: GENGAR : Still a rather major threat to the team, it is somewhat more easier to deal with, Jirachi is my only real answer to this, easily 2HKO'ing with Iron Head and potentially forcing it out. Bisharp can also play the Sucker Punch / Night Slash game with it, however it can easily dodge Sucker Punch through Pain Split / Disable / Substitute / Will-O-Wisp.
: GLISCOR : See Gastrodon. I only need to watch out for Acrobatics sets, which can be walled by Hippowdon though, Starmie can also combat Gliscor rather well.
: GYARADOS : If able to set up on the likes of Starmie, and manage to KO, it doesn't have a tough time harming my entire team. Hippowdon can phaze it out, Amoonguss can Stun Spore being wary of Substitute, and Bisharp can Sucker Punch and enjoy Gyarados switching in on it for a defiant boost.
: HAXORUS : A rather underused threat, it's wallbreaking abilities are tremendous since it can pressure Hippowdon heavily with Swords Dance. I can deal good damage with an Ice Punch / Iron Head from Jirachi, and of course threaten it with Sucker Punch from Bisharp, having Stealth Rocks / Sandstorm up is essential against this to ensure maximum residual damage.
: HEATRAN : Pretty much walled by Starmie, only causing issues if a specially defensive variant. Hippowdon can tank various of its moveset, only being wary of Fire Blast and proceed to OHKO with Earthquake. Latios can Surf it for good damage, and Bisharp can outspeed defensive versions of Heatran and deal hefty damage with Low Kick.
: HIPPOWDON : Dealt with by Amoonguss / Bisharp / Starmie and even Latios at times, not much of a threat at all.
: HYDREIGON : Jirachi is a solid answer v Hydreigon, keeping Jirachi alive though can be an issue, Hydreigon definitely needs to be played around depending entirely upon its move set. Amoonguss is a safe switch in most times in order to scout it.
: INFERNAPE : Overused in my opinion. Latios / Starmie can deal with it though.
: JELLICENT : Bisharp can outspeed and proceed to deal hefty damage with Night Slash especially after Rocks. Otherwise Starmie can deal good damage to it, and Amoonguss can Giga Drain it into oblivion.
: JIRACHI : My main switchin to this is Hippowdon. Starmie can fire off high burning Scalds against it to cripple it as well.
: JOLTEON : Cannot beat Amoonguss unless I play stupidly. Starmie can sometimes pick it off if they ever expect Thunderbolt, however Amoonguss solidly forces it out nonetheless.
: KELDEO : I think I've given my opponent a hard enough time trying to attempt a sweep with this thing. Together, Amoonguss / Latios can eventually take it down, it does, however, threaten every other member on my team. If not Choice Scarfed, Jirachi can deal some damage to it to. Having Sandstorm / Stealth Rocks up is great in wearing it down quicker.
: KYUREM-B : Couldn't find the sprite for Kyurem-B but w/e. It's a threat big time. I can deal good damage to it, even if a Choice Scarf set with Iron Heads from Jirachi. Stealth Rocks are necessity against it. Bisharp can set up on Choice Scarf Outrages, or Low Kick once on a Choice band Outrage, and Sucker Punch the second. Those not carrying Ice Beam can be dealt with by Hippowdon, however that's extremely rare. A large threat despite this.
: LANDORUS-T : Again, couldn't find the right sprite lol. Walled by Hippowdon, taken out by Amoonguss / Jirachi. Bisharp can also take on the Defensive variant since it provides me a lovely Defiant boost on its switch in.
: LATIAS : The single STAB defensive ones are the only easy ones to manage by Bisharp / Jirachi. Somewhat dealt with much easier now thanks to Jirachi.
: LATIOS : I lack a solid switch in v this. Bisharp can only hold up so long, when he faints, it's up to Amoonguss / Jirachi / Starmie to try and predict around its movesets, if its an Expert Belt set, I have extreme difficulties in handling it effectively. Of course, the same applies for Latias, assuming it is an offensive set. Jirachi can combat it rather well, still a big threat though.
: LUCARIO : Hippowdon walls this thing very well, being able to counter it with Earthquake for massive damage, keeping him healthy is essential to beating this.
: MAGNEZONE : Not too much of a threat at all, since Bisharp can usually beat it 1v1, however Jirachi can be trapped if I'm not careful. Covered by Bisharp / Latios.
: MAMOSWINE : This Pokemon can punch large holes in my team. I need to keep Starmie healthy to fight it off, even Hippowdon can tank a hit from it, and deal good damage back with Earthquake, Stealth Rock also helps to wear it down. Jirachi can Iron Head for 2HKO against Mamoswine.
: METAGROSS : Dealt with easily through the use of Hippowdon / Starmie, whom can Scald burn it, and Hippowdon can force out, or proceed to 2HKO with Earthquake.
: NINETALES : A larger threat to my team now. Starmie can somewhat cover it if it isn't carrying the likes of Energy Ball or Solarbeam. This can place more pressure on Latios and my Hippowdon attempting to keep Stealth Rocks up.
: POLITOED : Covered by Starmie, which essentially forces it out, Amoonguss can sponge hits rather easily from this as well. As a last resort, Latios can act as my switch in against this.
: REUNICLUS : Bisharp can outspeed and deal hefty damage with a Night Slash. If in Trick Room, I can proceed to Sucker Punch for awesome damage, and then attempt to play around Recover. It can however cause my team grief. Jirachi can also deal with it rather well, using Trick / Iron Head / U-Turn to play around it.
: ROTOM-W : Yeah that's Rotom-W. Dealt with through Amoonguss / Latios.
: SALAMENCE : Not even close. If you read that in Solid Snake's voice, then props lol. Hippowdon can sponge hits, Bisharp can take an Outrage or two if need be, Jirachi can revenge if it's stuck in Outrage, and lastly Amoonguss / Starmie can stop its set up through HP: Ice and Scald respectively, though the latter being much less reliable and safe.
: SCIZOR : Walled by Hippowdon solidly, Latios can even OHKO with HP: Fire, if they try to Pursuit or U-Turn on me.
: SKARMORY : I can deal with this through Trick Jirachi and HP: Fire Latios, which can 2HKO outside of Rain. Starmie also combats this strongly, spinning away any hazards it tries to lay.
: STARMIE : Starmie can cause me issues, but that's entirely based upon its move set. If it isn't carrying Psyshock, Amoonguss can deal with it, if it isn't carrying Ice Beam, Latios is an awesome switch in. Even my own Starmie can somewhat deal with it, I need to scout its move set in order to defeat it.
: TENTACRUEL : Troubling. Can stall out my Latios, especially when under Rain with Toxic, Jirachi can Trick a Choice Scarf onto it, potentially crippling it. Amoonguss can switch in safely though, but it still poses an annoying threat nonetheless. Starmie can force it out with Thunderbolts.
: TERRAKION : A mild threat. Hippowdon can wall it, but doesn't enjoy taking Close Combat's, especially if previously weakened. Amoonguss can take Close Combat's, but not as well and I don't enjoy doing so. Bisharp can set up if it's locked into Stone Edge, and Latios can outspeed Choice Band variants and deal hefty damage with Psyshock. It still poses a strong presence on an opposing team. If not running a Choice Scarf (identified through damage dealt to Hippowdon), Jirachi can Iron Head revenge and force it out.
: THUNDURUS-T : Yer, Thundurus-T, I honestly believe this Pokemon is one of the best in the tier atm, just never used to its best. If it's well played, and not just suckered into a Hydro Pump from Rotom-W, then it can annihilate my team. My means of damage are through Rotom-W's Hydro Pump god forbid it miss, Bisharp's Sucker Punch, and Amoonguss' HP: Ice, and of course Jirachi out speeding if it hasn't used Agility, tanking a hit and countering with Ice Punch, Stealth Rocks are a MUST against this.
: TOXICROAK : Not an issue, Hippowdon usually deals with this head on with no problems. Jirachi can Iron Head for good damage as well.
: TYRANITAR : Doesn't threaten my team much. It can only really OHKO Latios with Pursuit if I'm silly enough to get into that situation. Hippowdon can do work walling it, especially the Choice Band variants, just need to be wary of Ice Beam, Bisharp out speeds Choice Band variants, needs to watch out for Superpower and Fire Blast, Jirachi can also U-Turn / Iron Head on it pretty freely.
: VAPOREON : Starmie combats Vaporeon very well, along with Amoonguss I don't find troubles with it, Amoonguss needs to be wary of Life Orb variants.
: VENUSAUR : If under sun, can be a little of an issue, without sun, it is of course, much easier to deal with. Latios OHKO's with Psyshock, while Bisharp can live a HP: Fire and deal huge damage with Night Slash / Sucker Punch, the only issue is it using Sleep Powder, which is why I want to run Sleep Talk on Latios. With the absence of Heatran, Venusaur can do massive work inside sun, so top priority in ensuring I win the weather war.
: VOLCARONA : Honestly, if I don't have rocks up, this thing is going to have a field day v my entire team! Through its simple coverage options in Giga Drain / Bug Buzz / Fiery Dance, it can hit my entire team for Super Effective damage. The only way I can hope to beat it is by getting initiative on it, since with a Quiver Dance up, it will wreck!

> Exportable <
Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Low Kick

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 4 SAtk / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Scald
- Thunderbolt

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Trick

> Conclusion <
Thanks a lot for reading my RMT! Drop a like, rate, and subscribe...oh wait I'm not on Youtube lol. If you have the time to rate, I'd really appreciate it! I'm open minded to any form of criticism and feedback! Also adding to my threat list would be appreciated, any suggestions or opinions on threats I didn't cover, and those I may be able to deal with easier would be cool to!​

Last edited:
Even though you have walls I'm worried about 2 things
1: No setup at all. Meaning no SR or Spikes or nothing. Makes me feel uncomfortable
2: No spinners. Meaning no way to get the Entry Hazards out of your side of the field. I've had people think they could ignore my spikes and SR... It's not pretty.
My advice... Um Fortress does a good job being a spinner and an Entry Hazard Setter, but your team, your choice.

I do have entry hazards in the form of Stealth Rocks, I just don't feel as if I may need anything else apart from them. If I were to pick foretress who could it go over though? I feel that may just compound many of 'Red' threats mentioned in the list, which ultimately opens up larger holes. I do agree though I believe I need a spinner, anyone have thoughts on Starmie to replace Rotom-W?

Edit: Lol Bullet for my Valentine liked my RMT hahahaha

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi
you can use scarfjirachi>heatran for a little bit of support against latios,latias,alakazam,gengar,kyurem,reuniclus and terrakion.If youre scared of volcarona use trick on rachi.
then you can use starmie over rotom-w(ok it gives you momentum but with no spinners ur pokemons are goin to die anyway) and give him thunderbolt/thunder.
if you don't wanna put him over rotom you can use jirachi with healing wish for more support but it gives you a weakness against volca.(with the life orb you can go for pillaring then kill it with bisharp/rotom-w if it hasnt giga drain,anyway volcarona can't setup against ur team except on Amoongus that has stun spore,you can use life orb over expert belt to latios but is for preference)

Scarfrachi
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Trick/Healing Wish
- U-turn

Starmie(you can try a bulky version if you don't like this)
Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock/Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Hi
you can use scarfjirachi>heatran for a little bit of support against latios,latias,alakazam,gengar,kyurem,reuniclus and terrakion.If youre scared of volcarona use trick on rachi.
then you can use starmie over rotom-w(ok it gives you momentum but with no spinners ur pokemons are goin to die anyway) and give him thunderbolt/thunder.
if you don't wanna put him over rotom you can use jirachi with healing wish for more support but it gives you a weakness against volca.(with the life orb you can go for pillaring then kill it with bisharp/rotom-w if it hasnt giga drain,anyway volcarona can't setup against ur team except on Amoongus that has stun spore,you can use life orb over expert belt to latios but is for preference)

Scarfrachi
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Trick/Healing Wish
- U-turn

Starmie(you can try a bulky version if you don't like this)
Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock/Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt/Thunder
- Rapid Spin
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to rate.

I actually like the idea of using Scraf-Rachi over Heatran, I'd definitely have to give it a shot, since it really opens up some options v a lot of the Red threats on the list, without really affecting how I deal with many of the others. Jirachi seems like a nice option and I'll be likely to try it out!
Yeah for the Starmie, I was thinking I would run a bulkier set, don't get me wrong, I do love the Analytic Life Orb variant, it absolutely pwns, but I feel I should replace Rotom-W with something more defensive, as Rotom-W was a more defensive based mon. I'll end up trying both of them out and update the team if they happen to work out really well :) The only issues I see in foregoing Rotom-W, is Mamoswine becoming a real threat to my team, Jirachi can somewhat deal with it, but either way it can hit nearly my entire team for SE damage then :(

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
eh yes there I would put scizor(you can use it with acrobatics for dont let volcarona setup) over Bisharp but bisharp is the center of the team that plays around him so I dont wanna change it so much.
or
you can try use the bulky gyarados(sleeptalk-rest-wfall-roar/filler) over amoonguss then you can counter volcarona as well(but I like the first option more)

Last edited:
eh yes there I would put scizor(you can use it with acrobatics for dont let volcarona setup) over Bisharp but bisharp is the center of the team that plays around him so I dont wanna change it so much.
or
you can try use the bulky gyarados(sleeptalk-rest-wfall-roar/filler) over amoonguss then you can counter volcarona as well(but I like the first option more)
I'm fearful about using Scizor as real check to Lati@s, since like shown in mine, they can tend to carry HP: Fire, which really puts an end to Scizor trying to Pursuit trap or anything like that. Not to mention Bisharp's place on the team cannot be changed, or it just wouldn't be the same team then, so yeah thanks for acknowledging that! Oh actually I need to change Volcarona's threat description slightly, I forgot I have Heatran, however if they pack Roost / Quiver Dance, they can use me as set up fodder instead >.<. A bulky Sleep-Talk Gyarados is really cool actually, I should make a team with it sometime (along with Special Attacking Salamence lol), but I think it may open up too many more holes if it replaced Amoonguss.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to rate.

I actually like the idea of using Scraf-Rachi over Heatran, I'd definitely have to give it a shot, since it really opens up some options v a lot of the Red threats on the list, without really affecting how I deal with many of the others. Jirachi seems like a nice option and I'll be likely to try it out!
Yeah for the Starmie, I was thinking I would run a bulkier set, don't get me wrong, I do love the Analytic Life Orb variant, it absolutely pwns, but I feel I should replace Rotom-W with something more defensive, as Rotom-W was a more defensive based mon. I'll end up trying both of them out and update the team if they happen to work out really well :) The only issues I see in foregoing Rotom-W, is Mamoswine becoming a real threat to my team, Jirachi can somewhat deal with it, but either way it can hit nearly my entire team for SE damage then :(
I've been testing this team since you posted it and i think that Scarf Rachi over Heatran opens up a weakness to sun teams and Venusaur becomes a bigger threat. I guess it depends on what you want to cover up from your threatlist as whenever i face sun against this team Heatran is my primary win condition. Additionally you could try out Specially Defensive Hippowdon if you go for the physically defensive Starmie or opt for a more physically oriented Amoonguss to deal with a couple of theats such as Alakazam but its optional and not really necessary.

Otherwise its a pretty solid team :]

I've been testing this team since you posted it and i think that Scarf Rachi over Heatran opens up a weakness to sun teams and Venusaur becomes a bigger threat. I guess it depends on what you want to cover up from your threatlist as whenever i face sun against this team Heatran is my primary win condition. Additionally you could try out Specially Defensive Hippowdon if you go for the physically defensive Starmie or opt for a more physically oriented Amoonguss to deal with a couple of theats such as Alakazam but its optional and not really necessary.

Otherwise its a pretty solid team :]
Ah now you mention it. I guess the only option v opposing sun teams with Heatran being replaced would be trying to keep Latios healthy throughout the match, and ensuring Hippowdon gets Stealth Rocks up, and keeps em up to deal with Ninetales easier/quicker. I was trying both Starmie/Jirachi over Rotom-W/Heatran the other night, of course, with Jirachi I found Gengar to be much more manageable, as it was something I really despised playing against. Same goes for the Lati twins and Alakazam. I think I also found Gyarados to be a bigger problem with the absence of Rotom-W though, since it was my main full stop to it sweeping my entire team, assuming it beats Bisharp out in a Sucker Punch stand-off. I did notice while playing the other night, that Alakzam did roughly 80% with Psychic v Amoonguss, meaning even after Stealth Rocks, if you really need it, you could Spore or even Stun Spore Alakazam. Otherwise I'm not a big fan of Specially Defensive Hippowdon, since I think that may open up a real weakness to Physical Based Dragons, since Bisharp isn't exactly the best counter to them. I'll update the thread later today with some changes (I'll put em in red) and see if anyone want's to comment on em :).

But hey thanks for the rate man and glad you like it :)!

EDIT: Updated team with changes, seems to be working much nicer, nearing its final state, I must say solid effort!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)