Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason to think that there will be RS remakes in this generation, although it would be cool if that did happen and it's way overdue imo.

So where can I see the new type table?
I'm pretty sure no one saw that addendum. Here you go.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf

Question for the general forum from the type chart, has Ghost always been immune to Mean Look (embarrassed that I don't know this) ? If not, could this mean that Honedge (who I hate) will be immune to Magnet Pull? if in fact this is new, and it applies to abilities as well?

How will MegaMewtwo X get to use its fighting STAB when its only fighting STAB will be brick break? Maybe the mega evolution will have different movepools?

I'm pretty sure no one saw that addendum. Here you go.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/_ui/img/_en/art/Type-Matchup_chart_EN.pdf

Question for the general forum from the type chart, has Ghost always been immune to Mean Look (embarrassed that I don't know this) ? If not, could this mean that Honedge (who I hate) will be immune to Magnet Pull? if in fact this is new, and it applies to abilities as well?
It is new, as is grass's immunity to "powder/spore" moves and electric's immunity to paralysis. It doesn't state abilities, but it wouldn't be surprising as ghosts are supposed to vanish or move through objects at will.

How will MegaMewtwo X get to use its fighting STAB when its only fighting STAB will be brick break? Maybe the mega evolution will have different movepools?
It does have Aura Sphere! Although Mega Mewtwo X has increased attack... In saying that, it's not mentioned that it loses Sp.Atk like Garchomp loses speed, right?

Not sure if this is mentioned already, but if you look at the top left you can see Mega Mewtwo X does a freaking flying kick.:eek:

Whoever is hating on MMX's feet, they will kick you in your face.
I imagine it kicking you, knocking you to the ground, and then grabbing your face with its toes. Needless to say, being kicked by it would be a rather painful experience.

I wonder if the flying kick animation is possibly suggesting that MMX (or just Mewtwo in general) might be able to learn Hi Jump Kick??

About the kicking Mewtwo X, on the site there's this image

If it's HJK, it would be the first time the text below the picture doesn't match what is shown

Lol make the most of Mega Mewtwo X's high Attack with Fucking GIGA IMPACT WOW SO STRONG

Better watch out for that normal-type coverage that has a round of recharge afterwards!
Keep in mind, this is coming from the same people who marketed Echoed voice as useful when used by Pyroar and didn't bother showing off Extrasensory over other less fascinating Psychic attacks until they showed it being used by little-bitty Meowstic.
On the topic of coverage moves, though, I like that they're trying to sell Mud Shot on Quilladin and Bounce on Frogadier as support to make up for their type weaknesses. It makes me wonder how many Pokémon are going to get useful coverage without needing Hidden Power for certain attack types.
On an artistic note, MMX's feet remind me of Sithandra.

My current personal obsession is with the new Ghost immunity. Let's see its wording:

"Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by moves that prevent Pokemon from fleeing from battle."

This seems very straightforward, but there are unaccounted-for details I yearn to know! In fact, there are several interpretations:

1. Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by Mean Look, Spider Web and Block in wild Pokemon battles. This is the most literal and strict because that's he only time you are truly "fleeing". I find this definition unlikely but with noting.
2. Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by Mean Look, Spider Web and Block at all. This seems to be the general assumption, and the clearest definition. Its also very specific and nearly useless in a majority of situations (unless there are Ghost-type roamers then FUCK).
3. Ghost-type Pokemon cannot be prevented from switching out or fleeing by any move, including Mean Look, Block, Clamp and Magma Storm and others like them, by still suffer other effects of those moves, like residual damage. This takes into account partial trapping moves (Fire Spin, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Clamp and Magma Storm), and assumes that Ghost types essentially have a built-in Shed Shell and Smoke Ball, but just for moves. Keep in mind Ghost-types are already immune to Wrap and Bind.
4. Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by any move that prevents fleeing or switching out. The key difference here is they would be fully immune to partial trapping moves, suffering no effects from them at all. I find this unlikely since it isn't very intuitive.
5. Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by Mean Look, Spider Web and Block at all, and partial trapping moves no longer prevent the opponent from fleeing or switching out. This is certainly possible, to avoid any confusion, especially if partial trapping moves have gotten a boost to their DoT.
6. Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by any effects that prevent them from switching out or fleeing, such as Mean Look or Shadow Tag. Sadly the wording specifically says "moves" but this would certainly be the most useful, albeit unlikely. It basically would mean they all have a built-in Shed Shell and Smoke Ball.

Obviously other interpretations could be made (Ghost-type Pokemon are not affected by any effects that prevent them from fleeing from a wild Pokemon battle, such as Mean Look or Shadow Tag) but these are all extensions or combinations of the ones I presented. So what do you think is the most likely meaning? I assume it's 2.

On a side note, do you think the new Grass immunity to "spore" and "powder" moves will make them immune to Effect Spore's effects? I suppose it's a similar question to the Ghost immunity, albeit more straightforward.

More clarification is needed as the word moves could have easily been changed to "moves and abilities" or "effects".

We'll know for sure soon enough but I for one am going to be glued to the X & Y research threads once the games drop.

Not sure if this is mentioned already, but if you look at the top left you can see Mega Mewtwo X does a freaking flying kick.
I did, yes http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/4831818/
It's probably just the physical attack animation, I guess it can be the animation for specific moves... but Giga Impact is one of them soooo....

Aerophoenix ... well, "moves" is coming from the same people who worded EV's as base stats. But EV's are less widely known by the overall players, so there's that.

Will we really not know the BST for pokemon when X and Y hit? I know the 3DS itself is a ways off from being hacked, but haven't the games been cracked at all? At least to the point where we'd be able to determine some of the finer points such as base stats etc?

I hope Megatwo X (I guess Mewtwo by extension) gets better fighting STAB like HJK. MixedTwoX would have no need for Psystrike if it can already use physical moves... but what about a reverse psystrike? A Fighting or Psychic physical move that does special damage for MegaTwo X (and some others) to use? *eyes Glow Punch*

Why would they sell Giga Impact with Mewtwo X? Sure, they tried to sell Echoed Voice with Pyroar, but it's a Normal type.
Maybe they're bringing back the Gen I Hyper Beam mechanics and applying it to other charge moves?

"Hyper Beam will not require a recharge turn if it misses, breaks a substitute, defeats the target, or if the user is targeted by a partial trapping move (even if it misses), flinches, or is put to sleep after the attack but before the recharge turn."

That'd be kind of cool. See, I didn't know that stuff when I was eight years old, but now I'm 23 and I'll know how to abuse the crap out of it; in-game at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)