Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. I think the point of abilities like Iron Fist and Technician is "quirky alternatives to the reliable accuracy 80 to 100 BP moves" moreso than "enabling no drawback 110+ BP Moves." Admittedly, I won't shed a tear if there's no consolation for the loss of 120 Pow Outrage, but I don't think Strong Jaw's where you're going to find it.

It's more likely Strong Jaw boosts the power of "biting" moves by 30% (a la Sheer Force and Reckless) or even more likely by 20% (like its direct cousin Iron Fist). Few abilities boost by more without a drawback (see Technician affecting low BP moves and Huge/Pure Power on Pokemon with ASS Attack); hell, Reckless and Sheer Force have a drawback too. I'd say 20% is safe, unless Iron Fist gets an increase as well.
Good point, why was I thinking a 50% boost anyway lol. I'm going to actually say 30%, more than Iron Fist as the pool of biting moves is smaller than that of punching moves.

I see allot of people speculating about the starter types, but considering what the pokebeach leak got right (with exception too one NVE wich was normal, wich probably was changed later) isn't it safe to beleive that that actually WILL be the starters type? Grass/dark> Dark Knight, Fire/psychic> Magic Witch, Fire/fighting Ninja frog. Sounds fitting really and I have no reason anymore to not beleive the leak.

Just in time for me to finish my Pokedex! Seriously, all I have to do is finish transferring Pokemon... 6 by 6...

Can't wait for that new storage system.

How would Chespin be Grass/Dark or Grass/Fight? He has a hard shell, Uses moves like rollout mud shot wood hammer. He is going to be with his last evo, Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground

And his evolution talks about getting a harder shell. And he is happy carefree also dose not like to fight..... This shit will not be fight or dark.

Emboar doesn't really learn fighting moves either, so many people think he was changed to fire/fighting at the last minute for the popularity of blaziken and infernape. Qulladin could definitely turn into an escavalier-like dark knight

I think it will be anything but grass/dark or grass/fight. And grass/dark is garbage type and has a new weakness to fairy.
Grass/Fight is weak to fairy too, but I agree it's better than Grass/Dark.

Then again, the Pokemon metagame is about to be shaken up like never before, so who knows? Gen 6's changes are comparable to Gen 2's in sheer magnitude.

Reactions: PME
LOL Chespien and his evolution learns no dark or fighting moves.
Do remember that a starter's evolution typing should not be predicted by moves it has that are not its type. Looking at grotle's moveset in 4th gen would make one think it'll evolve into a grass/dark. It did not. Same with croconaw in 2nd gen (water/dark), torchic in 3rd gen (fire/flying), Prinplup in 4th gen (water/flying), and dewott in 5th gen (water/fighting).

How would Chespin be Grass/Dark or Grass/Fight? He has a hard shell, Uses moves like rollout mud shot wood hammer. He is going to be with his last evo, Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground

And his evolution talks about getting a harder shell. And he is happy carefree also dose not like to fight..... This shit will not be fight or dark.
He's so happy and carefree, he doesn't like to fight, gee it's almost like they're setting up for a big change in his final evolution or something.

For the record, if you're trying to say the final starter's evolutions will most definitely be / not be a certain type, you're running off of half complete information. For all we know, the starters will be Grass / Flying, Fire / Rock, Water / Electric. We just don't know at this stage. Gamefreak could pull any number of switcheroos. It's reasonable to raise points like the fact that Chespin learning Ground and Rock-type attacks makes a Grass / Dark or Grass / Fighting evolution seem less likely. Saying that means the chance of one happening is outright gone is a bad argument.

We will only learn of the starter's evolution's full typing once the games are released.

For the record, if you're trying to say the final starter's evolutions will most definitely be / not be a certain type, you're running off of half complete information. For all we know, the starters will be Grass / Flying, Fire / Rock, Water / Electric. We just don't know at this stage. Gamefreak could pull any number of switcheroos. It's reasonable to raise points like the fact that Chespin learning Ground and Rock-type attacks makes a Grass / Dark or Grass / Fighting evolution seem less likely. Saying that means the chance of one happening is outright gone is a bad argument.

We will only learn of the starter's evolution's full typing once the games are released.
I just hope Fennkiens evolution is Fire/Psychic.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You're correct in a way, but in the actual leak, the secondary types for Froakie and Chespin were switched (Grass/Fighting and Water/Dark). It seems as though the leaker "corrected" his "mistake" when he felt Nintendo was gonna bust done his door/hype
He corrected himself even before he was discovered by 4chan.

Emboar gets a decent amount of fighting moves. Also gyarados is a flying type yes but think of how many powerful offensive flying type moves their are. Then think how many require A. Wings or B. A beak both of when gyarados has neither.

Neither Charmander nor Charmeleon learn flying moves. Chimchar learns no fighting moves. This tells us nothing about the typing of their evolutions.

Besides, the leaker explicitly said would be dark typed.
Chimchar gets a few fighting moves actually not via leveling but tms and also breeding.
Also monferno does as well

Also, charmander doesn't get any flying moves because yet again it has no wings nor a beak.lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)